2020 Prospect Follow Thread

hrubes20

On 9/25/2019 at 3:20 PM, hrubes20 said:

I'm really focusing on OL/DL/WR so far in my prospect reviews.  I love what I have seen from A.J. Epenesa and Tristan Wirfs.

Epenesa is a great prospect for this defensive scheme.  I'm hoping he's available at 18.  I would even consider throwing a pick to someone to move up from there to select him in the 11-14 range.

On 1/16/2020 at 10:11 AM, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Hey guys. Lions fan with a draft question: if Tua were to get drafted 3rd overall (trade up from another team), who would you guys want to target at #5? Do you guys like Herbert? Where would you feel comfortable taking him?

I wouldn't take Herbert in the first 70 picks.  Loved the film I saw of him leading up to the start of the season and then he showed how little poise he has in the pocket in the opener vs. Auburn and I wanted nothing to do with him.

If you're looking at "who" Miami drafts at 5, then I would say Jeff Okudah or Isaiah Simmons.
If you're looking for "who" Miami drafts at QB, I think Jordan Love at 26 (if he's on the board) would be a good choice.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, frankmoore said:

I wouldn't take Herbert in the first 70 picks.  Loved the film I saw of him leading up to the start of the season and then he showed how little poise he has in the pocket in the opener vs. Auburn and I wanted nothing to do with him.

If you're looking at "who" Miami drafts at 5, then I would say Jeff Okudah or Isaiah Simmons.
If you're looking for "who" Miami drafts at QB, I think Jordan Love at 26 (if he's on the board) would be a good choice.

Interesting. Thanks.

On 1/18/2020 at 12:13 PM, frankmoore said:

Epenesa is a great prospect for this defensive scheme.  I'm hoping he's available at 18.  I would even consider throwing a pick to someone to move up from there to select him in the 11-14 range.

He really is.  He's the perfect "realistic" scenario at 18, for my money.  But with holes littering the roster, I can't get on board with tossing a 2nd or 3rd round pick to trade up.

On 1/18/2020 at 12:17 PM, frankmoore said:

Simmons is the ultimate swiss army knife and I would love that type of playmaking on this defense.  

The word I'm hearing circulating around is that the Dolphins are seriously considering trading up to #3 and using it to select Tua.  The word is that all it might cost them would be both 2nds (as well as the 5th overall pick).  While I don't believe that an injured Tagovailoa is worth expending excessive draft capital, if he turns out to be the real deal then it's probably worth it.  I will say that there seems to be a dearth of "guaranteed stud" QBs in this draft, so taking a risk on one with a high probability isn't that bad.

The other QB prospect who's intriguing to me is Hurts.  The kid leaves Alabama, transfers to Oklahoma, and leads them to a berth in the BCS playoffs.  Not bad for a guy who was viewed as a running back who could throw.

On 1/20/2020 at 11:16 AM, frankmoore said:

The word I'm hearing circulating around is that the Dolphins are seriously considering trading up to #3 and using it to select Tua.  The word is that all it might cost them would be both 2nds (as well as the 5th overall pick).  While I don't believe that an injured Tagovailoa is worth expending excessive draft capital, if he turns out to be the real deal then it's probably worth it.  I will say that there seems to be a dearth of "guaranteed stud" QBs in this draft, so taking a risk on one with a high probability isn't that bad.

The other QB prospect who's intriguing to me is Hurts.  The kid leaves Alabama, transfers to Oklahoma, and leads them to a berth in the BCS playoffs.  Not bad for a guy who was viewed as a running back who could throw.

I am so intrigued on Hurts, that I can imagine a team sitting late in round 1 possibly drafting him.  I think realistically he ends up going in round 2 but if he has a good combine and pro day then look out...…..A smart team could trade up into late round 1.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Doing a collective mock repping AFC East.. Thoughts on your first 2 rounds

1(5) QB Justin Herbert, Oregon

1(18) OT Josh Jones, Houston

1(26) C/ OG Tyler Biadasz, Wisconsin

2(39) RB Jonathon Tayler, Wisconsin

2(56) Edge Zack Baun, Wisconsin

Almost nobody wants Herbert.

13 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Pretty good.

Addressed all our biggest areas of need but I think most (at least from what I've seen) would rather wait until the later 1st to pick a QB than go Herbert at 5. Still, I'd be very happy with this haul.

On 2/5/2020 at 12:14 PM, Emerica said:

Pretty good.

Addressed all our biggest areas of need but I think most (at least from what I've seen) would rather wait until the later 1st to pick a QB than go Herbert at 5. Still, I'd be very happy with this haul.

I would be OK with Herbert at 5 if our FO and HC are good with that pick.  I actually trust those guys, and I'm kind of torn on Herbert.  

On 2/4/2020 at 10:41 PM, BillsGuy82 said:

A little reachy on Jones and Biadasz but not too bad.  Love the Baun pick, but I would hate to draft Taylor in the 2nd.  I never trust a Wisconsin RB and I dont see him as the exception.  Last time I scouted Taylor all I saw was a dude that doesn't get touched until he has 4 yards already...….. Hard to evaluate RB's with such good OLines and blocking schemes.  Additionally, Taylor has an upright running style where his legs seem to be very exposed due to poor pad level..... He hasn't had to demonstrate good vision so I can't tell if he has good vision and the same with acceleration ( hasn't had to demonstrate any burst behind the LoS)  I would much rather have Swift or Dobbins if either is available...… and honestly I would take Edwards Helaire over Taylor, but I know people in here think I'm crazy for that lol.

Edited by Swampbilly

On 1/20/2020 at 11:16 AM, frankmoore said:

What??  Both 2nd round picks to move up 2 spots?  That's highway robbery LOL!!  Pick 3 = 2200 points.  Our Pick 5 = 1700 and our Pick 39 = 510, if Detroit needs something to sweeten the pot then maybe a 5th rounder or later but No Way I would pay another 2nd rounder for Tua…… If he didn't have injury concerns then yes, but the boo boo's make it a different scenario.

Just to clarify, the scenario for Detroit is move back 2 spots, still get the elite player they want in Okudah, Brown, or Thomas and pick up an additional early 2nd rounder...… that's a huge win for Detroit and draft analysts will love it.... now in talking Detroit getting both of our 2nd rounders, LOL yeah I bet they would LOVE that.... I will be highly disappointed if that were to happen though, and I don't predict it with the savvy moves that Grier has been pulling.  I predict we give up a 2nd rounder to Detroit ( and perhaps a 6th to sweeten the pot ) or a 1st rounder to Washington for Tua and then move QB Josh Rosen for a 3rd round pick.

Edited by Swampbilly