Week 4 - Rams vs Buccaneers

RamRod

So the first half was terrible on defense and the offense was terrible but started to get hot. I think the offense was like (bleep) this we know we are better than this and started to get things going. Win or lose I think this is what the offense needed being down 21-0 and having to start looking more like the offense we know. The defense in the second half need to be like (bleep) this we know we are better than this and start getting things going. Winston shouldnt be this good when we know his tendencies to turn the ball over. The Bucs oline isnt this good either. I expect the Rams in the second half to play better defense. This offense I expect to continue to play well like it did later in the first half. Its going to be a dog fight and thats something I didnt expect but its going to test the Rams being the NFC champs to rally. Thats what great teams do. They can still win even when they look down and out and have no business winning these types of games from the way things are going. So lets see how great the Rams are in second halves of football because they are going to need to be great in this one in order to be in position to win. 

Ok so as bad as todays game was, the Rams had the ball down by 8pts with a chance to tie. Ill take that as a positive.

The game in general was sloppy. Im not going to blame it all on Goff. The dude after starting off very slow, turned it on and kept the Rams hanging around. The defense seriously let down the Rams. Its so deflating when Goff can march the team right down the field for a td only for the defense to come right back and give up a quick score. Ill give Peters props for making that td he gave up to Evans with a score of his own to get the game to within 5pts. Like idk if the Rams was just looking to the TNF game against the Seahawks as to them being sloppy today. In his brief Rams tenure, McVay is now (1-2) in games before the TNF game. He lost to the Redskins at home and now to the Bucs at home. The good news is the Rams are (3-0) on TNF. I think the Rams will be ready for the Seahawks to get this bad taste out of their mouth and Im so glad its a short week because I cant stomach this loss. You dont put up 40pts at home and lose. Like that shouldnt happen. The penalties need to be cleaned up, the defensive mistakes need to be cleaned up and Goff has been a turnover machine so far and that need to be cleaned up. I am glad though the Rams offense did seem to get things going in terms of putting points on the board. They never got in a good rhythm and still managed to score 30+ pts. But yeah today was sloppy and the only positive is at least with me is as bad as this game went, the Rams was down by 8pts with the ball and a chance to tie and thats all you can ask for.  

Worst game I've seen from a McVay-coached team. We looked sloppy in all phases. Clearly, we didn't take TB seriously enough. Rob Havenstein was trash. He was directly responsible for three of the four turnovers. OL got beat mercilessly. Goff was inconsistent as hell again. Defense was god awful. Terrible, terrible performance. And that dirty hit from Donovan Smith likely cost us Peters for the Seattle game. Fat turd.

• Like 2