Week 4 - Rams vs Buccaneers

RamRod

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Worst game I've seen from a McVay-coached team. We looked sloppy in all phases. Clearly, we didn't take TB seriously enough. Rob Havenstein was trash. He was directly responsible for three of the four turnovers. OL got beat mercilessly. Goff was inconsistent as hell again. Defense was god awful. Terrible, terrible performance. And that dirty hit from Donovan Smith likely cost us Peters for the Seattle game. Fat turd.

Our line is suspect

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Ok so as bad as todays game was, the Rams had the ball down by 8pts with a chance to tie. Ill take that as a positive.

The game in general was sloppy. Im not going to blame it all on Goff. The dude after starting off very slow, turned it on and kept the Rams hanging around. The defense seriously let down the Rams. Its so deflating when Goff can march the team right down the field for a td only for the defense to come right back and give up a quick score. Ill give Peters props for making that td he gave up to Evans with a score of his own to get the game to within 5pts. Like idk if the Rams was just looking to the TNF game against the Seahawks as to them being sloppy today. In his brief Rams tenure, McVay is now (1-2) in games before the TNF game. He lost to the Redskins at home and now to the Bucs at home. The good news is the Rams are (3-0) on TNF. I think the Rams will be ready for the Seahawks to get this bad taste out of their mouth and Im so glad its a short week because I cant stomach this loss. You dont put up 40pts at home and lose. Like that shouldnt happen. The penalties need to be cleaned up, the defensive mistakes need to be cleaned up and Goff has been a turnover machine so far and that need to be cleaned up. I am glad though the Rams offense did seem to get things going in terms of putting points on the board. They never got in a good rhythm and still managed to score 30+ pts. But yeah today was sloppy and the only positive is at least with me is as bad as this game went, the Rams was down by 8pts with the ball and a chance to tie and thats all you can ask for.  

Bro you’re like the anti @Flounch for as negative as he is, you’re like the complete opposite extreme. 

The reality lies between both of your guys’ extreme 

• Like 1

I’m beginning to not be a fan of Jared’s “even keeled” demeanor. 

Dude has no fire in him. Even after watching his press conference he keeps saying the same repetitive things and always looking at the positive, as if he had a Patrick Mahomes (today) like bad game. It doesn’t seem like it bothers him that he’s mediocre. He needs to take more accountability.

I wish he had some Tom Brady, Carson Wentz, or Patrick Mahomes fire in him 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Dude has no fire in him. Even after watching his press conference he keeps saying the same repetitive things and always looking at the positive, as if he had a Patrick Mahomes (today) like bad game. It doesn’t seem like it bothers him that he’s mediocre. He needs to take more accountability.

Where was this energy against the saints last year!? Come on man. He has his best game ever minus the TOs lmao. 

4 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

You can hate on how he played today but this is ridiculous. Mahomes was awful today and saved by his defense. I don't care how firey he gets in post game pressers. If you can't tell he wants to win then you aren't watching 

8 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Bro you’re like the anti @Flounch for as negative as he is, you’re like the complete opposite extreme. 

The reality lies between both of your guys’ extreme 

How am I being extreme? Like I acknowledged the Rams had a sloppy game. The defense did let the Rams down. Goff was a turnover machine. The Rams did have way too many penalties. With all that being said, the Rams still had the ball with a chance to tie in the 4th quarter. Like I cant speak for you or nobody else but for me thats all I can ask for every single game is for my team to have a shot to win late in the game. Rather its basketball, baseball, or football. I just saw the Cards last night lose to the Cubs being down 6-0 fought their way back to make it an 8-6 game with a man on base and Yadi at the plate. Now the Cards still lost that game but again thats all I can ask for is my team having a shot to win. The Rams werent going to win every game. This game nobody expected the Rams to lose which was the hard part. Again as bad as the Rams played, they were down one score with the ball under 2m to go in the game. The way the game started with the Rams being down 21-0 it looked like the Rams wouldnt even be in the game in the 4th quarter. So yeah call me extreme but Im just saying how I feel. The Rams was sloppy on offense and defense but still had a shot at the end and didnt deliver. Hopefully this is a wake up call for them and on TNF on the road in a tough environment in which theyve won the last two times theyve been in Seattle, they can play better and come away with a win. I think McVay only lost once coming off a loss and again he is (3-0) on TNF so its going to interesting to see how the Rams respond. 

1 minute ago, LeotheLion said:

You can hate on how he played today but this is ridiculous. Mahomes was awful today and saved by his defense. I don't care how firey he gets in post game pressers. If you can't tell he wants to win then you aren't watching 

Yes exactly my point. Look at the difference between Mahomes’ bad day and Goff’s bad day. Mahomes didn’t put his team in a 21-0 hole. Mahomes had 0 turnovers. Goff had 4!

Of course he wants to win. Everybody wants to win. That’s not the concern. The concern is how bad does he want to win? 

Its not about firey pressers. If you’re the QB and you get paid the most then gather the team up, get them grounded and redirect their focus. And DONT throw the ball into the ground on a 2 point conversion. 

18 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Yeah and Rivers got that fire in him and look where it has gotten him? The Chargers are perennial underachievers every season. Like I love the fact that nothing rattles Goff. He couldve went in the tank after starting the game off with 2 ints. Instead he gathered himself to have a pretty nice game after that shaky start. The Rams put up 34 offensive points from the 2nd quarter on. Like if it wasnt for Goff matching scores with the Bucs, the game couldve gotten ugly because the defense sure wasnt stopping the Bucs. 2 series total the defense showed up. Once was when the defense sacked Winston like twice that lead to a punt and the other series was the pick 6 by Peters. Outside of that, the defense did nothing. Thanks to Goff and the offense for making the game interesting in the 4th quarter.  

Edited by stl4life07

4 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

How am I being extreme? Like I acknowledged the Rams had a sloppy game. The defense did let the Rams down. Goff was a turnover machine. The Rams did have way too many penalties. With all that being said, the Rams still had the ball with a chance to tie in the 4th quarter. Like I cant speak for you or nobody else but for me thats all I can ask for every single game is for my team to have a shot to win late in the game. Rather its basketball, baseball, or football. I just saw the Cards last night lose to the Cubs being down 6-0 fought their way back to make it an 8-6 game with a man on base and Yadi at the plate. Now the Cards still lost that game but again thats all I can ask for is my team having a shot to win. The Rams werent going to win every game. This game nobody expected the Rams to lose which was the hard part. Again as bad as the Rams played, they were down one score with the ball under 2m to go in the game. The way the game started with the Rams being down 21-0 it looked like the Rams wouldnt even be in the game in the 4th quarter. So yeah call me extreme but Im just saying how I feel. The Rams was sloppy on offense and defense but still had a shot at the end and didnt deliver. Hopefully this is a wake up call for them and on TNF on the road in a tough environment in which theyve won the last two times theyve been in Seattle, they can play better and come away with a win. I think McVay only lost once coming off a loss and again he is (3-0) on TNF so its going to interesting to see how the Rams respond. 

It’s not about losing.  It’s about HOW they lost.

We have a RT who plays like a backup. We have a RB who’s the second highest paid, no where to be seen. We have the highest paid player in the NFL who can’t read defenses or even make above average decisions. 

You can’t just take a win. Because most times certain wins can be losses very quickly against other teams 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

Yeah and Rivers got that fire in him and look where it has gotten him? The Chargers are perennial underachievers every season. Like I love the fact that nothing fazes Goff. He couldve went in the tank after starting the game off with 2 ints. Instead he gathered himself to have a pretty nice game after that shaky start. The Rams put up 34 offensive points from the 2nd quarter on. Like if it wasnt for Goff matching scores with the Bucs, the game couldve gotten ugly because the defense sure wasnt stopping the Bucs. 2 series total the defense showed up. Once was when the defense sacked Winston like twice that lead to a punt and the other series was the pick 6 by Peters. Outside of that, the defense did nothing. Thanks to Goff and the offense for making the game interesting in the 4th quarter.  

Rivers is a much better QB than Goff is right now. He never had as talented of a team as the Rams were last year or this year. If he did, then he’d win at least one super bowl 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Yes exactly my point. Look at the difference between Mahomes’ bad day and Goff’s bad day. Mahomes didn’t put his team in a 21-0 hole. Mahomes had 0 turnovers. Goff had 4!

Of course he wants to win. Everybody wants to win. That’s not the concern. The concern is how bad does he want to win? 

Its not about firey pressers. If you’re the QB and you get paid the most then gather the team up, get them grounded and redirect their focus. And DONT throw the ball into the ground on a 2 point conversion. 

How much they were down was besides the point. I think Detroit forced 4 turnovers. That was clearly the difference. But the point isn't about the bad day... It's about how bad each wanted to win apparently. 

Goff deserves criticism but how much he wants to win as criticism is laughable. We burried ourselves a 21-0 hole today and came back. We saw Goff essentially in tears his rookie year about how bad the team was. No one should question if you want to critize his play but if you can't tell he wants to win as bad as everyone else then you aren't watching. 

Edited by LeotheLion