Around The NFL: Gameday Talk

Jroc04

You can't play the hindsight game when trades were involved. Theres no way of knowing who is trading up and when. Doesn't work that way. So unless you would of been happy taking him with our 2nd instead of Sidney Jones, it's a moot point! Plain and simple.

21 minutes ago, BLick12 said:

Man, Brady looked like crap last night.  Didn't seem like many folks were getting open either, makes you wonder how much they'll miss Edelman.  I honestly thought they'd hardly skip a beat without him.

Everyone did. Still think theyll bounce back and brady throws 5 td's next week and maybe they dont even lose another game

Just now, agholorsdad said:

Everyone did. Still think theyll bounce back and brady throws 5 td's next week and maybe they dont even lose another game

I think Brady and the offense will continue to build chemistry and improve, but their defense is simply not very good.  They had absolutely no pass rush all game and outside of McCourty, their secondary looks brutal.  They play the Saints in week 2, who will obviously put up some yards and points, so it is not going to get any easier.  Everyone loved their off-season but it just goes to show, especially on offense, it takes time for a QB and new targets to build chemistry, that's very apparent in New England with the loss of Edelman.  We'll see how Wentz handles it in Philly.

15 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Hell , forgot We go to KC next week. Better get pressure on Smith!! Last night was a prime example that most any QB can be successful if there sitting in the pocket with Zero Fear of getting hit. NE Pass Rush was non-existent.

The Eagles pass rush is something I am very interested to see in the first game. On paper it looks like we should have a very good D-line. If that D-line is dominate than Eagles are good enough in the back 7 to have a very formidable D. 

Yea, the question is was the KC line that good or the Patriot defensive line that average? I don't see any truly threatening pass rushers on that defensive line. They've made a habit of shipping off productive pass rushers and getting by with committees, but last night they got nothing.

Archived