Around The NFL: Gameday Talk

Jroc04

6 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Am I rooting for a team right now? Or just hope Irma swings towards Texas and drowns the stadium?

Why would you root for a rival in week 1?

I could see if it was late in the season and we were battling for a wildcard spot or trying to win the division and one of the teams losing helped.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

I could see if it was late in the season and we were battling for a wildcard spot or trying to win the division and one of the teams losing helped.

I think Dallas is the bigger threat over the course of the season. Not afraid of NYG at all.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Well, I mean, you'd be rooting for the Redskins to win right? Knowing they are the inferior team against everyone.  

I think the Giants are the best in the division so I guess I should root for them to lose but I hate the Cowboys and always want them to lose. 

Just now, Jroc04 said:

Well, I mean, you'd be rooting for the Redskins to win right? Knowing they are the inferior team against everyone.  

I think the Giants are the best in the division so I guess I should root for them to lose but I hate the Cowboys and always want them to lose. 

If there was a team that was clearly inferior in this game, then I would agree.

Don't think that is the case though.

I'm just watching and hoping Dak doesn't play well more than anything. I harped all last year that he was nothing special, just benefiting from an amazing cast, simplified responsibilities, and most importantly DCs didn't have the luxury to pick apart his habits with game film. I'm all in on this narrative. Reckon I will be proven right or wrong by about midseason, but this is big one. If he comes out and torches the Giants D that wrecked him last year, that says a lot and doesn't look too good for my case.a

I'm not one of those people obsessed about being right about every little thing, but the arguments I go all in on? Oh yeah I want to be right! Kupp is another player I'm pretty heavily invested in, although in his case it's for success rather than failure.

Archived