Around The NFL: Gameday Talk

Jroc04

3 minutes ago, OakRaiders3828 said:

Why can't you admit he's a good qb lol? A checkdown on third and long also is smart if nothing is there. He's a good qb and y'all have a better young qb. 

He's a good QB but has flaws. We saw him check down and pad his stats in critical moments enough times.

1 minute ago, Phire said:

Bradford also has really deceptive stats. Dude will take the high percentage throw even if it hurts the team.

He has a high completion percentage. And that's the only thing above average he does. He set a record in percentage last year and he went 7-8 with a very good defense. 

Bradford is the most average QB I've ever seen. He is the definition of average. 

Just now, Jroc04 said:

He has a high completion percentage. And that's the only thing above average he does. He set a record in percentage last year and he went 7-8 with a very good defense. 

Bradford is the most average QB I've ever seen. He is the definition of average. 

And that completion percentage is directly attributable to the fact that he's too willing to check down when it's 4th and 15 with two seconds left on the clock. Obviously that's an exaggerated example but he did that way too many times even when he was with us. In principle I don't disagree with getting the ball in your players hands, but he doesn't seem to understand situational urgency.

Just now, Phire said:

And that completion percentage is directly attributable to the fact that he's too willing to check down when it's 4th and 15 with two seconds left on the clock. Obviously that's an exaggerated example but he did that way too many times even when he was with us. In principle I don't disagree with getting the ball in your players hands, but he doesn't seem to understand situational urgency.

We watched it for a tooth pulling 14 games in 2015. Who knows better than us how magnificently average Sleeves is? 

Well, the Vikings figured it out after week 5 too. But I imagine they still believe somewhat in him. They'll figure it out. The second he feels pressure, he'll get rattled and make the safe throws and end up with safe stats that get you to 7-9 every year. 

Archived