Around The NFL: Gameday Talk

Jroc04

55 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

@Nabbs4u stay out of the vortex of the Wentz debate with the Browns fans. Not winning a game since Bernie Kozar does something to your brain. They are not thinking straight :D

yeah browns fans are really proud they never used any pick the eagles gave them and that somehow means they won the trade with us. 

5 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

He has a high completion percentage. And that's the only thing above average he does. He set a record in percentage last year and he went 7-8 with a very good defense. 

Bradford is the most average QB I've ever seen. He is the definition of average. 

Average QBs don't make this throw.

2 hours ago, Klomp said:

Average QBs don't make this throw.

lol wha? He threw to a guy blanketed. If PJ Williams has more than 3 games of experience it's probably a pick 6. It was a good throw. Bad decision. He took the only shot he had a split second before he was going to take a sack. He's accurate, it's  been said. But it's one throw in one game against a bad defense. Sam always evens out. Give it a few weeks. And maybe test him against decent talent. 

You guys know where I stand on Sam Bradford.  I still feel certain that he's a franchise QB. This will be his year to prove that. And yeah, it was the Saints, but the guy missed 5 throws (3 that were dropped). It was an absurdly good performance.  And he was absolutely slinging the ball.  He got hit a good amount and was still delivering dimes all over the field.  Give him some semblance of a run game and an o-line that holds up for more than 2 seconds and he's gonna have a phenomenal year with that group.

3 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

lol wha? He threw to a guy blanketed. If PJ Williams has more than 3 games of experience it's probably a pick 6. It was a good throw. Bad decision. He took the only shot he had a split second before he was going to take a sack. He's accurate, it's  been said. But it's one throw in one game against a bad defense. Sam always evens out. Give it a few weeks. And maybe test him against decent talent. 

I don't see how that is a bad throw, the guy underneath is chasing, he's not going to be able to turn his head and pick that, literally no way, if he turns his hips he's beat and it's an even easier throw.  That's an elite throw.

I supposed I am "anti-Bradford" but he looked incredible last night. Genuinely incredible. Some of that has to do with the defense he was playing of course, but only some of it. He had a few performances like this last season too, in fact his first 2016 game against the Packers was reminiscent to this game in the throws he made into tiny windows and lack of non-dropped incompletions. 

That being said, it will take a ton more for me to even begin remotely regretting the route we went. Not to mention, I only saw him play once or twice in Philly the way he has played on several occasions in Minny, even with a horrid OL at times in Minny. Sure there are many reasons for that.

12 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I supposed I am "anti-Bradford" but he looked incredible last night. Genuinely incredible. Some of that has to do with the defense he was playing of course, but only some of it. He had a few performances like this last season too, in fact his first 2016 game against the Packers was reminiscent to this game in the throws he made into tiny windows and lack of non-dropped incompletions. 

That being said, it will take a ton more for me to even begin remotely regretting the route we went. Not to mention, I only saw him play once or twice in Philly the way he has played on several occasions in Minny, even with a horrid OL at times in Minny. Sure there are many reasons for that.

I was probably the strongest advocate for Bradford on this board.  People love to harp on what he has or hasn't done in his career, but the fact of the matter is he's never had much support in the form of consistency.  Whether it was from his own injuries, multiple HCs, different personnel, etc. That's not a good recipe for success for any young QB.  To me, what he has shown is elite footwork, an elite release and elite accuracy.  Those are all things you can certainly work with.  It likely took him time to get back mentally after suffering 2 ACLs, but I saw him take a beating when he was here in Philly and even worse beating last year in Minnesota and still consistently step into throws and make good decisions. Yeah, he's sometimes too conservative and doesn't always let routes develop as much as they should and that's frustrating.  But to me, the good far outweighs the bad with him.  Now that he's got a year under his belt with the same leadership, improved weapons, and hopefully an improved o-line (this part is definitely still TBD). I expect to see him put up a career season.  

To me, it's a hard comparison to make Wentz v. Bradford.  Obviously, in the long run, Wentz is a good bet.  But this Eagles team is very close to being ready to win now.  If Wentz's up and down play is the differentiator from us being a real contender and Bradford goes on to have a great season this year and next, than that is certainly a troubling sign.

12 minutes ago, Danger said:

Wentz trade still needs 3 years or so before we can really say how it turned out for both sides. I am of the belief that it ultimately benefited both teams because of other moves it enabled them to do.

Well, keep in mind, we also gave up a lot to get Wentz, so there is also an opportunity cost that comes with that.

Just now, BLick12 said:

Well, keep in mind, we also gave up a lot to get Wentz, so there is also an opportunity cost that comes with that.

But it also allowed us to trade AWAY Bradford for a first round pick which was just 2 spots below our original pick spot. In THAT sense, that particular pick was a wash for us. We wouldn't have been able to do so if we didn't get Carson. We weren't the ones footing the bill for that in the end, but rather, Minnesota.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

But it also allowed us to trade AWAY Bradford for a first round pick which was just 2 spots below our original pick spot. In THAT sense, that particular pick was a wash for us. We wouldn't have been able to do so if we didn't get Carson. We weren't the ones footing the bill for that in the end, but rather, Minnesota.

Sure, that's valid.  But there are still 2 3rds and a 4th that we gave up as well.

Archived