Around The NFL: Gameday Talk

Jroc04

32 minutes ago, mm6492 said:

Saints look really good. Kamara is impressive and Ingram is playing well. Combine those two with Brees and they can cause issues. 

There are 4 REALLY good teams in the NFC. If we were on the other side we'd be a lock for the Championship game. 

47 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I see Vikes notched another impressive win. Unfortunate that in such a great year we could lose control of our destiny in getting HFA by midnight.

Ehhh, Falcons offense is the definition of inconsistent. They're not really all that good.

On 12/3/2017 at 7:47 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

I'm pretty sure Gronk was dropped on his head his entire childhood. Dude is dumb as a stump.

Pretty sure he is actually smart and plays the role as his persona kind of. But that play yesterday was bad, seemed like he kinda snapped. 

that game last night got nasty. Shazier going to and still in the hospital on a group tackle. JuJu laying out Burfict with a legal block, although standing over him was unnecessary. Then AB gets targeted by Iloka on the TD catch. Nothing new between those two teams, but two stretchers needed in one game on primetime isn't the ideal look Goodell and NFL are looking for.

43 minutes ago, 808 said:

that game last night got nasty. Shazier going to and still in the hospital on a group tackle. JuJu laying out Burfict with a legal block, although standing over him was unnecessary. Then AB gets targeted by Iloka on the TD catch. Nothing new between those two teams, but two stretchers needed in one game on primetime isn't the ideal look Goodell and NFL are looking for.

It wasn't legal. That was the Hines Ward rule change being called. AB getting blown up should of occurred IMO to try and dislodge the TD pass. I have no problem with it just a Bang bang play that unfortunately hit him to high towards the head.

Bengals set a record I believe for Penalties one stretch with 3 straight Personal Fouls on the AB TD. Not sure why Lewis Still has a job given how undisciplined and underachieving his teams have been going on damn near a decade now?

Hell they made the Eagles look like boyscouts last night when it comes to penalties, which is saying something.

The Vikings won 14-9 at Atlanta on Sunday for their eighth straight victory. Next Sunday, they play at Carolina (8-4) in a game that carries additional tiebreaker ramifications.

The Eagles already have beaten the Panthers, and the third tiebreaker involves common opponents. A minimum of four common opponents is needed for that tiebreaker to come into play, and the teams will have that many by season’s end.

If the Vikings and Eagles win out, it will come down to strength of victory. The Vikings have beaten teams with an overall record of 56-64; Philadelphia’s wins have come over teams with a record of 45-75. That would be unlikely margin for the Eagles to overcome.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/12/04/vikings-take-over-top-spot-in-nfc-providing-lure-of-plenty-of-home-playoff-games/

17 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

It wasn't legal. That was the Hines Ward rule change being called. AB getting blown up should of occurred IMO to try and dislodge the TD pass. I have no problem with it just a Bang bang play that unfortunately hit him to high towards the head.

JuJu did blindside block a defenseless Burfict in the chest, but lead with his shoulder.

Iloka launched with the crown of his helmet to the side of the helmet on a defenseless Brown, but was indeed a bang-bang play.

To me, the Iloka hit was worse.

But yes, the Hines Ward rule does apply and JuJu did get flagged for it before getting flagged for taunting on same play. I think that block is even worse if he goes for Burfict's knees however. He could have just got in the way, sure. But we like watching big hits and players like delivering them. Plus these teams have a history of vengeance toward one another.

33 minutes ago, 808 said:

But yes, the Hines Ward rule does apply and JuJu did get flagged for it before getting flagged for taunting on same play

I just feel like the last guy you want to taunt is Burfict, especially when you're a slot guy who works the middle of the field and you have to see him at least twice a year.

Archived