How many years should Andy Reid get to win a title with Mahomes as his QB?

Apparition

21 minutes ago, Dan_Bali said:

Judging by his weight, diet and the stresses of being a head coach, I believe Andy Reid has a window of 3 years before he has, at the very least, a mild heart attack.

NFL head coaches with franchise QB’s are living the high life.  

10 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

I know. I was being sarcastic. Obviously he’s having a solid year. If Mahomes can sustain his play at a super high level passing, I don’t see why Jackson can’t with his dual threat 

What happens when Lamar gets seriously injured? 

Because that is quite possibly going to happen.

Anyway, on topic -- I forsee Mahomes and Andy riding it out for at least a few more years. At which point Mahomes may look elsewhere or Andy has to quit due to medical concerns.

Edited by lolsurebro

Just now, ET80 said:

So...he's overrated because he might get injured? 

Not saying he is overrated at all. I am asking what happens if/when he gets really injured?

Lamar is a great QB, and why you're putting him at risk by using him like an RB is a little bit of a head scratcher for me. It can make for a short career.

25 minutes ago, lolsurebro said:

Not saying he is overrated at all. I am asking what happens if/when he gets really injured?

Sorry, it's an old joke on this site. xD

27 minutes ago, lolsurebro said:

Lamar is a great QB, and why you're putting him at risk by using him like an RB is a little bit of a head scratcher for me. It can make for a short career.

I actually agree to an extent, but I also think the Ravens are aware. Last week, Jackson had about 85 yards rushing, and maybe four designed runs - there were instances where he ran after no options came open on a passing play, but that's expected for any QB who has running ability like his.

I think the Ravens are scaling back on the designed runs, using more and more of his passing ability to get the job done.

5 hours ago, lolsurebro said:

Everybody can get injured. I'd rather risk it let him play to his full potential than limit him. You have to hope the guy learns to pick his spots and with experience to not get hit that much and get down or out of bounds etc. He is averaging 11-12 rushes per game right now, I think this will go down some in the coming years but it will always be an element of his. If you give him around 8 rushes per game and 27-30 pass attempts I think that's sustainable.