Is Jalen Ramsey holding out right now?

wackywabbit

Do you think Jalen Ramsey is holding out right now?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. The same question I typed the other 3 times

• Yes. It's ridiculous to believe it's a coincidence that he has three different reasons for staying away one week after his trade demand
    • No. It's ridiculous to imply that he planned the birth of his child around this and he was legitimately unable to practice earlier

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/30/2019 at 05:00 PM

The old saying is "this is a copycat league" and that seems to hold true for players as well. Ramsey watched AB cry his way out and get what he wanted. Gordon and Zeke watched Bell cry his way out and get what he wanted. Clowney and Fitzpatrick cried their way out until they got what they wanted.

It's just the way the league works now I guess. I blame Revis.

Edited by JustAnotherFan

14 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Nahhh, direct effect of NBA Players making the trend, the norm.

Ramsey's not so subtle way should actually be a little more subtle IMO. Or it's going to lead to fines! Keep everything injury related (Phantom or Not), stay away from off the field engagements. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

17 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

He knows what he’s doing, he isn’t dumb. He’ll continue to stay away and hope that they trade him. 

Jags just need to move on.

Or set a tone for the rest of the NFL players who want to turn this into the NBA and make him sit out until his contract is up (can they do that?)

Im sorry but I will sacrifice the Jags draft picks they will get in a trade to make sure this 'I want to go to a different team' crap doesnt keep reoccurring and become a normal thing among good players in the NFL

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

No, definitely the guy who requested a trade but prior to that hadn't missed a game since he was drafted with the Jaguars...has just suddenly had 3 separate and unrelated maladies and situations that require him to be away from the team all in one week, for the entire week.  Nothing to see here at all folks...move along...

8 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Blame Revis lol? What you do realize Jay Cutler forced his way out of Denver long before Revis with the Jets?

Only difference is Pat Bowlen was a great owner he didn't mess around. 

Edited by thebestever6

7 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

He knows what he’s doing, he isn’t dumb. He’ll continue to stay away and hope that they trade him. 

Jags just need to move on.

This. I'm not sure how you can see it any other way. He already said he wanted out. It's been one excuse after the other; way too coincidental. I'm not sure how you can give him the benefit of the doubt at this point.

7 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Or set a tone for the rest of the NFL players who want to turn this into the NBA and make him sit out until his contract is up (can they do that?)

Im sorry but I will sacrifice the Jags draft picks they will get in a trade to make sure this 'I want to go to a different team' crap doesnt keep reoccurring and become a normal thing among good players in the NFL

Yeah, why should players get to play where they want to? How awful.

16 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Not really, no. Some companies do offer it, but the majority do not and there aren't really any laws that help the cause. FMLA can be taken up to 12 weeks, but only at large companies and it's all unpaid.

I'm pretty sure the Pennsylvania passed something not too long ago where men for example have a paternity leave for like 6 weeks under F MLA that is paid but I could be wrong I know I've worked for a few companies that definitely offer it put it that way

10 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yep the this is 100% because of the power NBA players wield. This could get ugly the more new generation NFL players phase out the old generation.