Is Jalen Ramsey holding out right now?

wackywabbit

Do you think Jalen Ramsey is holding out right now?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. The same question I typed the other 3 times

• Yes. It's ridiculous to believe it's a coincidence that he has three different reasons for staying away one week after his trade demand
    • No. It's ridiculous to imply that he planned the birth of his child around this and he was legitimately unable to practice earlier

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/30/2019 at 05:00 PM

I don't know what to think about whether or not he is holding out.  The thing that crossed my mind when I heard about the three excuses he has had to be missing practice is that possibly another team is close to making a deal and they don't want him playing until everything is finalized.  Is this probable or even possible?

17 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I don't know what to think about whether or not he is holding out.  The thing that crossed my mind when I heard about the three excuses he has had to be missing practice is that possibly another team is close to making a deal and they don't want him playing until everything is finalized.  Is this probable or even possible?

Based on most reports, I'd say it's doubtful they are close. Most everyone that knows about the situation say the Jags have went quiet on the trade discussions since Khan stepped in last week.

• Like 2

Not sure what the question is here

1. The same question I typed the other 3 times

• Yes. It's ridiculous to believe it's a coincidence that he has three different reasons for staying away one week after his trade demand
  • No. It's ridiculous to imply that he planned the birth of his child around this and he was legitimately unable to practice earlier

5 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Yeah, why should players get to play where they want to? How awful.

Because this isnt high school football or 9 to 5 job with your bachelors degree. This is the NFL where top players are getting paid tens/hundreds of millions of dollars to play a sport where the team that has you under contract has invested a lot of time/resources.

The part that people miss when they want to make the claim of 'well every other job in america you get to pick and choose where you want to work' is that in the NFL there are contracts. You signed a piece of paper that has you contractually obligated to X amount of years at X amount of dollars. I cant think of any job market in the US where companies dont regualarly fulfill contract obligations because if they dont---thats when legal teams step in.

Its not like Ramsey gave a verbal commitment to Jacksonville. He singed a contract obligating him himself to work for them until its completed.

If you want the freedom to always have options to pick and choose where you play--take the LeBron/Trevor Bauer route and only sign 1-2 year deals at a time. Dont sign a 4-6 year contract and request a trade 2 years into it.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Because this isnt high school football or 9 to 5 job with your bachelors degree. This is the NFL where top players are getting paid tens/hundreds of millions of dollars to play a sport where the team that has you under contract has invested a lot of time/resources.

The part that people miss when they want to make the claim of 'well every other job in america you get to pick and choose where you want to work' is that in the NFL there are contracts. You signed a piece of paper that has you contractually obligated to X amount of years at X amount of dollars. I cant think of any job market in the US where companies dont regualarly fulfill contract obligations because if they dont---thats when legal teams step in.

Its not like Ramsey gave a verbal commitment to Jacksonville. He singed a contract obligating him himself to work for them until its completed.

If you want the freedom to always have options to pick and choose where you play--take the LeBron/Trevor Bauer route and only sign 1-2 year deals at a time. Dont sign a 4-6 year contract and request a trade 2 years into it.

You mean the contract that the team can terminate essentially anytime they want to?

Players having power isn't a bad thing. Players using that power isn't a bad thing.

Edited by seminoles1

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

You mean the contract that the team can terminate essentially anytime they want to?

Players having power isn't a bad thing. Players using that power isn't a bad thing.

The difference is that your assuming employees have the same level of power as the company ownership. Which is not true in any level of business in the world.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

The difference is that your assuming employees have the same level of power as the company ownership. Which is not true in any level of business in the world.

So first you distinguish that the NFL is different from every other job, but now it's supposed to be run the same way as all other jobs?

The players bring the fans. They sell the jerseys. You were absolutely right earlier that the NFL is not like any other job, because professional athletes absolutely do and should have power. Welding it as best they can and creating more opportunities for themselves and future players is what we as fans should be hoping for.