Dolphins Fans, how do you feel about tanking for Tua?

JohnCena

14 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I want nothing to do with Jake Fromm. Dude's an Andy Dalton clone.

That's a pretty accurate comparison, IMO.  Seems good enough to start plenty of mediocre-quality games at the NFL level, but not talented enough to do much else.

Right now we are looking at drafting somewhere between #1 to #3 and it would have to be a HUGE payload of picks for us to give up on drafting Tua or Herbert.  I would think that for us to move down it would take a 2020 1st and 2nd, a 2021 1st and 2nd at minimum, more if we are moving outside of top 10.  Moving down from pick 1 or 2 and possibly pick 3 would be allowing a team to grab one of the two best QB prospects this draft.  Also we would probably need those 2021 picks to package and move up for Lawrence, who IMO isn’t as polished as Tua.

If LSU’s QB Joe Burrow continues having the type of season he has had so far then he will probably pass Herbert as the number 2 QB prospect for 2020.  Against the only top 25 team he has faced this season so far, #9 Texas, he threw for 471 yds, 79.5% completion, 4TDs to 1 INT and a 209.7 QBR in a 45-38 LSU win.  I’ll be watching when he faces the Gators defense this Saturday.

Edited by Swampbilly