• 2018: Bills 12 @ Patriots 24
  • 2017: Patriots 23 @ Bills 3
  • 2017: Bills 16 @ Patriots 37
  • 2016: Patriots 41 @ Bills 25
  • 2016: Bills 16 @ Patriots 0 

Patriots have won 5 of the last 6 games.Patriots lead all time series 73-43-1

Same Faces, new places:

FORMER PATRIOTS

Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll worked on the Patriots coaching staff for 11 seasons and won five rings in New England. In his first stint with the team from 2000-06, he worked as a defensive assistant (2000-01) and wide receivers coach (2002-06). He also coached tight ends for the Patriots from 2013-16.

Bills T Conor McDermott was drafted by the Patriots in the sixth round of the 2017 NFL Draft. He spent the offseason and training camp at New England before being waived during roster cut downs.

Buffalo P Corey Bojorquez signed with the Patriots as an undrafted free agent and spent the 2018 preseason with the team.

Bills CB Ryan Lewis spent the 2017 season on the Patriots practice squad and played for the team in the 2018 preseason before being released in final roster cuts.

FORMER BILLS

Patriots CB Stephon Gilmore was drafted by the Bills in the first round (10th overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft.

Patriots OT Marshall Newhouse spent 3 games with the Bills in 2018.

The Bills stats:
Record: 3-0
Offense Yards/game: 8th
Offense Rush yards/game: 5th
Offense Pass yards/game: 19th
Offense PPG: 17th

Defense Yards/game: 5th
Defense Rush yards/game: 8th
Defense Pass yards/game: 9th
Defense PPG: 5th

The Patriots stats:

Record: 3-0
Offense Yards/game: 6th
Offense Rush yards/game: 20th
Offense Pass yards/game: 2nd
Offense PPG: 2nd

Defense Yards/game: 1st
Defense Rush yards/game: 1st
Defense Pass yards/game: 1st
Defense PPG: 1st

Analysis:
To be straight to the point, New England has just dominated Buffalo for the better part of 18+ years now. Patriots QB Tom Brady holds a ridiculous 30-3 record against the Bills in his career. With that being said, all of that is a thing of the past. The Bills aren't showing signs of being the team(s) they once were. The team finally has a young franchise QB of the future with low-key name offensive weapons along with the support of a Top 5 defense. Are there areas of improvement? Absolutely. The Bills will need to come out sharp right out of the gate as New England has put together the top defense through the first three weeks of the season. Some of that may attribute to facing a pretty horrible Dolphins team, a Jets team without its franchise QB and a Steelers team that is adjusting to losing two of best playmakers from the past 5 seasons. Both teams are in for a great battle as a true test to see if a team other than New England finally has a chance to sit atop the AFC East and the Bills are looking to state their case.

The Bills defense will look the capitalize on a New England offense that is facing a series of injuries along their offensive line paired with a struggling Sony Michel who has only averaged 2.4 YPC through the first three weeks of the season. With Bills RB Devin Singletary still nursing a hamstring injury and questionable to play, the Bills will once again lean on veteran RB Frank Gore to carry the load after having a productive outing last weekend against the Bengals. 

This year is the year that the Bills finally have a chance to be a true test for the Patriots and give them a real run amongst the top of the division. OC Brian Daboll will have his hands full with the Patriots defense but should be looking to attack them aggressively to wear down his former team. If Josh Allen can eliminate his couple of young QB mistakes, the Bills have a real shot here to squeeze out a win in what should be a very close game against the defending champs. 

Bills 21
Patriots 17

(p.s. hope @Trentwannabe doesnt mind I stole the GDT duties, getting very pumped for this matchup!)

Edited by DER10N92
  • Like 2

The only way the bills have a shot at this is to prevent penalties and turnovers early on in the offense. If the Bills defense can continue to do what they have done in the past 2 years with McDermotts defense then they may catch a break and pick off brady. They need to shut the run down early and expect a ton of short passes to edelman with a handful of deep passes to Gordon and Dorsett. If they do all that and move the ball offensively then they may have a shot at it.

Realistically based on past history it will end up being 24-14 New England

Great write up @DER10N92! I don't mind at all as I just have not had the time this week to even focus on the Bills unfortunately. A bug going around my daughters school is like something out of an apocalyptic movie with hundreds of kids being out sick and legit throwing up in the hallways as they leave.

As for the game. I would be surprised if we score more than two touchdowns and I think one with a few field goals is more likely. I think our defense will bring the hammer this week and force some turnovers. 

My prediction is a 17-16 NE victory. 

1 minute ago, marshawn lynch said:

I think it's close at halftime but our 3rd quarter struggles continue and Pats pull away...

And who is the OP. Don't think I've noticed him around here before! Glad to see new posters around here.

I’ve been around here and there. I’ve actually been on this site for a while. Was under a different name and then had login issues so setup a new account!

• Like 2

Until we prove otherwise, that 3rd quarter is going to be our achilles. I see us going into the half with a 13-10 lead, only to start the 4th quarter down 20-13. Does Josh have another 4th quarter come from behind in him? Not this week...unless our D can score. I got...

Pats 27

Bills 20

in a loud, loud game. I pray they prove me wrong.

I say Pats win 27-13. I think our offense is going to get shutdown vs their defense. I believe the defense will keep it close for about 2.5-3 quarters, but will be worn down by the lack of offense. One advantage I think we do have is our D line vs their O line. The Pats O line is really banged up right now. We need Hughes, Murphy, Oliver, and Lawson to have big games. If we can consistently get pressure with the front four I think that will keep us in the game and give us a shot. I heard that PFF has our DL graded at #9 in pass rushing. Opposing QB's have been getting the ball out super quick vs our defense, so maybe our DL has been better than most of us think. I really hope this is true and Brady is on his back all day long. Go Bills.

Edited by Billsfaninptown

13 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

I'm already getting pumped for this game... First time in a long time. 

Unfortunately that is the time when the bills tend to disappoint, we as fans get pumped for a big game like this with expectations being high and they flop but im hoping its a different story this time.

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

Unfortunately that is the time when the bills tend to disappoint, we as fans get pumped for a big game like this with expectations being high and they flop but im hoping its a different story this time.

Well last time fans was this pumped for the Patriots game we won. When both teams were 2-0.

Donta Hightower is out. That is a huge huge huge loss to the Patriots defense. Hopefully Josh could use his legs today and take advantage of that