TNF: Eagles at Packers

Matts4313

Rodgers had a decent game tonight.  Even I can't blame him for blowing this one.  It was just a strange game that nobody expected.  I know I sure never thought it would be this high scoring.  Packers' D let them down, but they have been good up to now, so they will just have to regroup and get ready for Dallas next week.  It's just a good thing for Green Bay that Dallas doesn't have a good running game or that one could get ugly.  :P

13 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Rodgers had a decent game tonight.  Even I can't blame him for blowing this one.  It was just a strange game that nobody expected.  I know I sure never thought it would be this high scoring.  Packers' D let them down, but they have been good up to now, so they will just have to regroup and get ready for Dallas next week.  It's just a good thing for Green Bay that Dallas doesn't have a good running game or that one could get ugly.  :P

Hopefully Adam's gets healthy in 10 Days and its nothing to serious, they and Me are going to need him!

5 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Hopefully Adam's gets healthy in 10 Days and its nothing to serious, they and Me are going to need him!

If I were to guess, that looked an awful lot like turf toe.   Better than a fracture, and way better than a midfoot sprain, but still troublesome.  The 10 days off will certainly help.

Now if they could only do something about Lafleur's brain cramps.  Seems like a potentially terminal condition.

Worst thing is that ppl will now say "hey Mike McCarthy wasn't so bad"....he was.   They simply may have just replaced one bad in-game play caller for another, rather than upgraded.   Addition by subtraction was the original thought with McCarthy's firing,  but it might have been subtraction by addition to negate the results here.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Adding a head case to an already terrible group who can't get pressure and is undisciplined seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

eh maybe...but he's been fine on the field. And really off it too.

With Fletcher, Malcolm, fact he's friends / college teammates with Darby. Not really worried about him coming in like a wrecking ball.

He wants to win and be paid like the best corner..he can do both here.

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

eh maybe...but he's been fine on the field. And really off it too.

With Fletcher, Malcolm, fact he's friends / college teammates with Darby. Not really worried about him coming in like a wrecking ball.

He wants to win and be paid like the best corner..he can do both here.

3 words:  Chris Harris Jr.

Would be cheaper by a lot....no issues.  And a great cover man.  He held Adams to 4-42.  And A-Rob to 2-14.  In blanket coverage.  Plus still elite in slot.

Frankly, you spend a 2nd on Harris, you get a 2021 end-of-3rd comp when he walks (can't be franchised as part of his renegotiated deal to avoid a holdout this offseason).    The other advantage - by not breaking the bank, you can flip your 3rd to ARI for P-Pete if their tank is full-on, and you get 1.5 years of him (suspended 6 games, so you have to wait on P-Pete).

Root for JAX to blow DEN out on Sunday.  Then Elway's fielding calls at 0-4 (he said in our postgame last Sunday we can still contend, but no room for error.  He's dead wrong, but a home L to JAX would convince him to sell Manny Sanders & Chris Harris Jr. in the last years of their contract and zero intent to return to our bottom 5 roster at this stage of their career - get paid and finish with a contender).

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2