TNF: Eagles at Packers

Matts4313

Just now, Broncofan said:

3 words:  Chris Harris Jr.

Would be cheaper by a lot....no issues.  And a great cover man.  He held Adams to 4-42.  And A-Rob to 2-14.  In blanket coverage.  Plus still elite in slot.

Frankly, you spend a 2nd on Harris, you get a 2021 end-of-3rd comp when he walks (can't be franchised as part of his renegotiated deal to avoid a holdout this offseason).    Then you can flip your 3rd to ARI for P-Pete if their tank is full-on, and you get 1.5 years of him (suspended 6 games, so you have to wait on P-Pete).

Root for JAX to blow DEN out on Sunday.  Then Elway's fielding calls at 0-4 (he said in our postgame last Sunday we can still contend, but no room for error.  He's dead wrong, but a home L to JAX would convince him to sell Manny Sanders & Chris Harris Jr. in the last years of their contract and zero intent to return to our bottom 5 roster at this stage of their career - get paid and finish with a contender).

8938506.jpg

I'd be down for Harris for sure...I think Howie wouldn't be as "blank check" about him though.

Jalen ticks a lot of boxes for what he shells out for.
Elite, young and entering prime, impact player

But getting Harris would be a win for sure

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

I want to see the Packers offensive success from inside the 7 yard line.

Was gonna fact check this earlier but got distracted. 

Through the first 3 games, the Packers had attempted 8 total plays from within 7 yard line or less on the GL ---2 pass plays and 6 run plays

Both pass attempts ended with incompletions. The 6 run plays resulted in 3TDs. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

3 words:  Chris Harris Jr.

Would be cheaper by a lot....no issues.  And a great cover man.  He held Adams to 4-42.  And A-Rob to 2-14.  In blanket coverage.  Plus still elite in slot.

Frankly, you spend a 2nd on Harris, you get a 2021 end-of-3rd comp when he walks (can't be franchised as part of his renegotiated deal to avoid a holdout this offseason).    The other advantage - by not breaking the bank, you can flip your 3rd to ARI for P-Pete if their tank is full-on, and you get 1.5 years of him (suspended 6 games, so you have to wait on P-Pete).

Root for JAX to blow DEN out on Sunday.  Then Elway's fielding calls at 0-4 (he said in our postgame last Sunday we can still contend, but no room for error.  He's dead wrong, but a home L to JAX would convince him to sell Manny Sanders & Chris Harris Jr. in the last years of their contract and zero intent to return to our bottom 5 roster at this stage of their career - get paid and finish with a contender).

Not to mention the leadership he brings as a vet. The only downside to choosing Harris over Ramsey is that Harris isn't getting any younger so you're essentially renting a guy for maybe 2 years, tops.  

Edited by JustAnotherFan

11 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

As does Wentz. His numbers are up there too I believe.

I was doing research for Mitch after week 3 regarding numbers against the blitz.

Here is Wentz:
Att /Comp /Comp % / Yards / TD's

23 18 78.3% 141 0

I said it earlier during this game that Wentz is good when he has a clean pocket that gives him enough time go through his progressions. 

EDIT: These are just raw numbers and do not include dropped passes, miscommunications, or any other receiver errors.  

Edited by JustAnotherFan