TNF: Eagles at Packers

Matts4313

5 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Rodgers had a decent game tonight.  Even I can't blame him for blowing this one.  It was just a strange game that nobody expected.  I know I sure never thought it would be this high scoring.  Packers' D let them down, but they have been good up to now, so they will just have to regroup and get ready for Dallas next week.  It's just a good thing for Green Bay that Dallas doesn't have a good running game or that one could get ugly.  :P

I would say more than decent, he completely carried them. Run game contributed nothing and the pass protection wasn’t particularly good, Rodgers just made avoiding the pressure look so easy. He definitely was far from perfect, handful of missed deep throws and was denied the end zone on 4 red zone trips. Also had some insane throws like the one to setup the 1st half ending TD or the wheel route TD to Graham on the run.

They lost to a desperate Eagles team playing excellent on offense in a game that could have gone either way. Lost their best weapon late. Run D is long term issue but I still think this team as very real contenders who will fight for a bye.

Now that we are 12 hours removed from the game, and taking into account the general prevailing attitude of the NFL - I would not be shocked to see the league office come back and, at a minimum, fine Derek Barnett - or sit him down for a game or two.

What I saw was a defensive player take a running start at a player already being restrained by a teammate and lower his helmet right into that player. Whether that was a dirty play or not can be judged by the league office. I think it was telling when his teammate grabs him right after it happens  and has a "What are you doing?" exchange with Derek. It was certainly against the rules as they are written, and that is why he was flagged.

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

He had a night similar to what I was expecting... good yardage and low TDs. < 30 fantasy points.

We won't know for sure if I made the right start or not until we know what Daniel Jones does on Sunday ;)

8 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Hopefully Adam's gets healthy in 10 Days and its nothing to serious, they and Me are going to need him!

I'm guessing he has turf toe. Don't know the timetable for recovery on that. My guess is he'll be questionable based on what we saw in the game.

3 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

They're only going to reverse decisions on egregious calls. The Maddox challenge was technically a PI. The one where Alshon got his hand slapped was absolutely a PI, but neither got reversed.

Yeah with the way they called the other two, even if they were able to challenge here, I doubt it would have been reversed. No problem with this.

8 hours ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

1) the shield sucked.

2) not even close to a dpi. 

3) if you had Jared Goff you would have won. 

Based on what was overturned twice last night. That was not DPI, the call was consistent with the rulings after review from earlier.

• Like 1