Game 4: Chiefs at Lions GDT

onejayhawk

1 hour ago, detroitroar said:

That Kerryon fumble is one of the flukiest?? plays you'll ever see and was a 14pt swing. We also had several key players go out and no Slay....and still damn near won against a SB favorite. 

I'm excited to see what the rest of the season holds for us and hopefully were a lot healthier out of the bye.

Great game.

Good game Detroit. You gave us a scare.

28 minutes ago, Bullyball said:

The run defense is so bad. I haven't been able to catch the last two games but is the run defense sucking due to losing leverage on the d-line or the linebackers just flat out suck?

I've seen so many big holes blown into our Dline and the LB's can't fill those gaps. The secondary is having to tackle but by then it's a 6/7yd. gain or more.

1 hour ago, mayanfootball said:

I've seen so many big holes blown into our Dline and the LB's can't fill those gaps. The secondary is having to tackle but by then it's a 6/7yd. gain or more.

That's a frustration. I know Frank Clark and Alex Oakfer are solid run defenders. Chris Jones is frustrating sometimes, because he can really rush the passer but his run defense leaves a lot to be desired. Our d-line has to win the battle up front because our linebackers aren't fast/quick enough to close the gaps or get to the outside.

Chris Jones run defense maybe the reason the Chiefs hasn't paid him yet.

1 hour ago, Habbsawce said:

Pretty mediocre game for the offense and Mahomes, but when it mattered most they marched down the field and won the game. Gotta love it.

I'm glad the Chiefs got the win; but, we have to do something with our defense. Our corners suck at playing the ball in the air (Ward sucks just period); our linebackers are slow and can't cover. Hopefully we can pull a corner before the deadline and a linebacker that can run.

Our LBs just arent very good. They read and react and dont diagnose fast enough. And they cant tackle. Exception being Wilson who isnt great in coverage.

That OL was having its way with the DL. A lot of good linemen there in Detroit. They were subbing guys all day to keep them fresh.

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

Our LBs just arent very good. They read and react and dont diagnose fast enough. And they cant tackle. Exception being Wilson who isnt great in coverage.

That OL was having its way with the DL. A lot of good linemen there in Detroit. They were subbing guys all day to keep them fresh.

Yeah Wilson is the only one that's playing good football. Hitchens is struggling and Darron Lee only plays in the base defense. Why is Neiman playing the nickel and dime packages? Wasn't Lee brought in to be a "coverage" linebacker?

I'm praying the Chiefs can grab an experienced linebacker with speed and a corner by the trade deadline.