Game 4: Chiefs at Lions GDT

onejayhawk

12 hours ago, Bullyball said:

Yeah Wilson is the only one that's playing good football. Hitchens is struggling and Darron Lee only plays in the base defense. Why is Neiman playing the nickel and dime packages? Wasn't Lee brought in to be a "coverage" linebacker?

I'm praying the Chiefs can grab an experienced linebacker with speed and a corner by the trade deadline.

Hitchens struggling is causing everyone to struggle because hes the Mike. Another bad Veach siging. I dont think Lee understands the coverage responsibilities. He cant tackle either.

Wilson is the only one putting any fear into defenders and hes just okay.

I doubt we find anybody outside the draft.

5 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Hitchens struggling is causing everyone to struggle because hes the Mike. Another bad Veach siging. I dont think Lee understands the coverage responsibilities. He cant tackle either.

Wilson is the only one putting any fear into defenders and hes just okay.

I doubt we find anybody outside the draft.

LB is such a sore spot for this team. It's easily the weakest group on the team. The DB's get highlighted cause they're big plays, but the LB's being unable to make tackles in the gaps, constantly getting gashed for 5+ yards a run opens up the DB's who have to constantly press in short 2nd and 3rd down yardage.

Literally the only way this defense gets off the field is if Chris Jones wrecks the line of scrimmage.

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

That's not true. The whole DL is causing havoc. TK is having a breakout season and Ogbah has been our best acquisition. On run downs, Nnadi is credible. 

That said, I will cut the LB some slack. The DL is selling out for pass rush a lot. 

J

That is one of my frustrations with specifically Chris Jones. He is such a beast but he tends to go for sacks and disregard the run sometimes which causes some of our run issues.

Great analysis article here. I'll just hit some highlights. 
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/10/1/20892722/chiefs-lions-stacking-the-box-score-for-week-4

Obvious to the eye and metrics back it up--Mahomes was ordinary. That was league average play we saw. He did spread the ball around and had some very good YAC scores. Here's some quick props to Pringle and Yelder. Yelders 40 yards on three targets was game changing. Until Pringle got his 13 yards in the red zone, the Lions were still favored.

Also obvious to the eye and backed by metrics--Stafford played like a #1 pick. We had excellent coverage and he was still completing passes. Given that Stafford was lights-out good, I am willing to cut the run defense some slack. 5.3 YPC is not good, but Baltimore did over 6 and Lamar Jackson had a dreadful game. The D is a work in progress, but there are highlights. 

On a visual level, the winning TD is a perfect summary of the game. Detroit played it well. Williams took a big hit but persisted. It wasn't Mahomes throwing a rope. It wasn't a Pro Bowler making a Pro Bowl play. it was one of the bench scoring on second effort. My kind of team.

J

On 9/30/2019 at 8:15 PM, Bullyball said:

That is one of my frustrations with specifically Chris Jones. He is such a beast but he tends to go for sacks and disregard the run sometimes which causes some of our run issues.

I saw CJ get pushed around some on runs. He had to really give up ground on a couple of plays.

On 10/1/2019 at 7:49 PM, mayanfootball said:

I saw CJ get pushed around some on runs. He had to really give up ground on a couple of plays.

Been his problem since college. Makes highlight plays then disappears for chunks of time. The whole D does that.

Edited by Chiefer