Fire Gym Shorts 2k19

Danger

9 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

The thing that annoys me is how Schwartz plays the corners so far off. Any smart QB will throw slants and quick passing routes on that all day. Eli Manning stinks but he had some big games against us the last two years because he utilized the short passing game.

I get that a single-high safety look while deploying Jenkins wherever is a staple for the Shorts D. But for the love of god man teach these corners how to press/play physical. The pass rush hasn’t been great this year but they’re not far off from wrecking havoc. Cause some timing issues by playing the corners up.

Also, playing zone all game is a no-go. Any elite QB will tear that up consistently (ex: Rodgers last night, Brady in the SB, Brees last year in the playoffs).

My hope once they trade for Ramsey or Harris or whoever, and Maddox is back

They go two deep safeties with Mcleod and Jenkins/Maddox swapping between that and nickel

go man on the outside with Rasul and Jalen. Give the dline time to get there

• Like 1

I am tired of Schwartz, even when our D wins us games with clutch defensive stops like last night I am not happy with him because it was largely his leaky D that put us in that situation. I never was a fan of his scheme, relying almost entirely on vanilla 4 man rushes puts so much pressure on 1 unit. I mean it's hard to completely blame him for defensive shortcomings when you look at our talent, LBs and CBs have never been particularly good under him... but you also have to wonder if some of that falls on him not getting the most out of them? 

This trend is certainly enough to warrant serious consideration to let him go if it keeps up. How our defense has ranked in defensive DVOA under Schwartz.

2016: 4th

2017: 5th

2018: 15th

2019: 20th (before last night)

• Like 1