the order of disapproval

3rivers

This will be a weekly thread by the looks of it.

1.  OC - still the biggest problem

2. OL coach - how has this group fallen so badly in one season after Munchak left

3. colbert  of course. Moncrief is still on the team? Minkah was a good player to get but it might turn out that since the rest of the team is failing so bad, that trade will be a really high pick if they keep losing. I expect some more wins, but see #1 above as to why that could be a concern too. I like the Minkah trade since he is a good safety, and of course  I don't trust this FO to draft RD1 that well anyways.

4. tomlin - I never understood the time out but the tackling and blocking of this team is lacking. Why was Hodges allowed to play a typical offence by mason wasn't for the most part? Also, the fumbling epidemic is something tomlin could spend more time on fixing. Also, at least throw a fit and event he red challenge flag (as a form of protest) when they made that lame RTP penalty on Ola. The coach needs to get to the refs when they are failing.

5. Danny smith - no explanation required. Go get a job at big league chew, just get out now. H could be 1-4 here, but we all know he is no good anyways.

I don't think I can have butler on this list right now. He has the D actually playing respective for  the most part and I haven't seen the miscommunications out there like when artie was playing CB etc. . Look at who they have faced and actually played until the end:

seahawks, 49ers and ravens. Those teams could most likely be playoff teams (wilson could be MVP) , and this defensive unit held up decently. Not perfect, but much better than the above thats for sure. The pats game was typical pwned , nothing new there, it looked like lebeau.2 actually, just terrible vs brady .  I actually don't mind the D near as much as in recent years, it has improved finally, but of course it's looking too late now as the offence is on a downslide

Late 2nd Q. Steelers 1st and 5 at Baltimore 11 after a Ravens penalty, Conner gets 4 on 1st down. 2nd and 1, Wild Cat? Really?!  Not PA, no simple dive to try to get the 1st, just trot out the Wild Cat that Baltimore has pretty much shut down all half. Brilliant!

Late 4th Q. Steelers 1st and 10 at Baltimore 18. Conner gets 4 on 1st down. 2nd and 6, Conner gets 1 to set up 3rd and 5 and a flat pass for a 2 yard loss to Samuels. Just maddeningly conservative there with a chance to up 7 instead of settling for the FG. 

In both situations, you basically put your QB in a must-pass situation on 3rd down rather than using a little creativity or variation on 2nd down that might help the team score points. 

Good thing Boz made the FGs or he'd be the scapegoat for the crappy gameplan and playcalling.

Edited by cjfollett

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

He's good at blocking 2 punts a year? His TC straw hat is cool? Excessive gum chewing?

that why I said "get a job at big league chew" . 

10 minutes ago, cjfollett said:

Good thing Boz made the FGs or he'd be the scapegoat for the crappy gameplan and playcalling.

yeah, they would blame him I suppose.  When is someone going to blame fichner? I can't understand why he gets a free pass from everyone it seems. Will this have to continue until week 17 before someone says anything about fichner ? 

2 minutes ago, DR43 said:

Would you all trade to Washington if the deal was good enough? 

If so, what would it take for you to part ways with him?  One first rounder?  Two firsts?

part with who?   Tomlin? This could be a curse if fichner is the HC, kiss the defence goodbye. At least tomlin has defensive background (despite being a WR) , so as it is I don't think it's a good idea. If they offer 2 RD1 picks, thats hard to pass up though. Then consider that colbert is batting 50%on RD1 picks, it might not be good at all.  Imagine how that would be, fichner running the team with ben pass happy and absolutely no defence.  

1 minute ago, 3rivers said:

part with who?   Tomlin? This could be a curse if fichner is the HC, kiss the defence goodbye. At least tomlin has defensive background (despite being a WR) , so as it is I don't think it's a good idea. If they offer 2 RD1 picks, thats hard to pass up though. Then consider that colbert is batting 50%on RD1 picks, it might not be good at all.  Imagine how that would be, fichner running the team with ben pass happy and absolutely no defence.  

Sorry, yes I did mean Tomlin.