Packers & Eagles Postgame

Leader

14 minutes ago, Leader said:

Injuries. Short week. Our run D has been exposed to the entire league - and I'm not sure we've got the personnel to answer it.

Injuries.

A big concern. I think we're down at least 3 in the secondary. We went from being really healthy (relatively) to thin again. Like that.

Not sure using the injury excuse works here considering the Eagles are way worse off.

I'm really not worried. It's the NFL, you aren't winning every game and you're going to have moments that bite you. We're 3-1 after playing 3 playoff teams in 4 weeks, 2-0 in the division and our offense is starting to click. Yeah, Davante's probably down a few weeks with the turf toe so that could be a hitch in our giddy up but I have faith. I said before the season that we'd go 10-6. 7-5 gets us there and it's more than doable. 

Look beyond the Eagles record. That's a really good football team. 

I'm gonna give the D a pass. Short week, beat up after a physical game with the Broncos and they were given 3 short fields to work with that changed the entire game. Sure, they could've made one stop and forced a RZ FG but what can ya do? 

Keep cleaning things up, keep getting better. You're not going to win every game so you take what you can learn from and move on. Let's keep it going and put that Dak hype train to rest.

• Like 2

Just now, chillparsi1 said:

Not sure using the injury excuse works here considering the Eagles are way worse off.

Actually I wasnt speaking to the game outcome and the injuries being a cause.

No excuse necessary. None offered or supplied.

Feels like Philly kicked our *** physically - but - feels like we still should have won.

Perhaps I'm suffering from concussion syndrome.

• Like 1

We are going into Rodgers' vacation home of big D and a lot of the Packers nation is having a restless night of sleep. Honestly, I'm not worried about this team. On a plus Graham was targeted, but it was not the way we would've liked. My biggest concern is injuries (yes, every Packers most hated word). Bulaga, King, Williams ( who I would've loved in the redzone offense) Bahk, and most importantly Adams... A new HC and new offense needs vets and their best play makers. I feel this was Green Bay's welcome back to earth game. How you understand  a locker room is how they respond. We have a long time to prepare, and hopefully get healthy. Its a long season and we are still 3-1. How many honestly had 4-0? Take a deep breath and move on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

We are going into Rodgers' vacation home of big D and a lot of the Packers nation is having a restless night of sleep. Honestly, I'm not worried about this team. On a plus Graham was targeted, but it was not the way we would've liked. My biggest concern is injuries (yes, every Packers most hated word). Bulaga, King, Williams ( who I would've loved in the redzone offense) Bahk, and most importantly Adams... A new HC and new offense needs vets and their best play makers. I feel this was Green Bay's welcome back to earth game. How you understand  a locker room is how they respond. We have a long time to prepare, and hopefully get healthy. Its a long season and we are still 3-1. How many honestly had 4-0? Take a deep breath and move on.

Did you see the massive holes they were running through?  That' was largely structural and personnel related. Expect to see this all season, unless Burks becomes an all-pro overnight.

I see no way we walk out of Dallas with a W. They have an even better OL and much better back. And a much better defense. And they're playing at home.

If you thought our run D looked bad the last few weeks, just wait til you see what Zeke does to our D behind that OL. It's gonna be bloody murder.

Guess I was right in my suspicion that our lack of ILBs was gonna be problematic, even with all the moves we made everywhere else on the D (besides the DL), but holy ish, it's even worse than I feared. We can't stop a nosebleed on run D.

On the plus side, it looks like the baaaaaad man Arodg is back, but it probably won't get us far in the playoffs if he's on the sideline while good teams eat up clock. Better hope Adams isn't out for extended periods of time.

4 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Me too.  And while I appreciate Todd’s positive outlook, I’m not ready to start sugar-coating our present situation going into next week.  Maybe in a few days when we learn what personnel we’re getting back, but even then....

Not being a downer but I figured DAL would be our first loss - or - a tough out.

Sure, they've not been playing top notch comp - but, to their credit, they've been dispatching it really well.

I *wanted* this win and hoped we'd win next week.

As I said to someone else tonight, 3+2's not the end of the world, but 4+1 looks a whole lot better than a game over .500. 

That would be a 1/4 of the season in - Conference and Division wins - and 3 games over .500.

Edited by Leader

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Not being a downer but I figured DAL would be our first loss - or - a tough out.

Sure, they've not been playing top notch comp - but, to their credit, they've been dispatching it really well.

I *wanted* this win and hoped we'd win next week.

As I said to someone else tonight, 3+2's not the end of the world, but 4+1 looks a whole lot better than a game over .500. 

Pretty much sums my feelings up at present and going into tonight’s game.  I really wanted a 4-0 start heading into Dallas also.  It’d be glorious if we could pull the trap-game magic on the Cowboys, but I sense they won’t be looking past us.  One can hope we give them a great game and maybe get a lucky bounce or three.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Howler said:

Did you see the massive holes they were running through?  That' was largely structural and personnel related. Expect to see this all season, unless Burks becomes an all-pro overnight.

Hyperbole at best.  I saw what Pettine did with the players he had last year. Yes, every year is different, but this is the NFL. If you don't expect some of these games I don't know what to tell you. I haven't lost faith in the plan. I might be wrong in the end, but like I said in another post... All I care about is the injury report. 

Twitter question: I don’t understand why fans wanted to run it in the 1. The last like 8 runs had been for negative yardage.

Twitter response:

Peter Bukowski:

To wit, second-half called runs before the goal line turnover on downs

////////////////////////////

The ground game simply wasnt working. Too many Philly bodies in the box and our OL wasnt exactly clearing many lanes.

We need to find a Howard Green again. Someone wide and hard to move. Clark looks small for a nose tackle he's not stout  and at times gets pushed around. I always said  Lancaster was JAG same with Lowrey. I'd bring back Mike Pennel 6'4 335lbs. Brings much added beef to the DL.

Edited by St Vince
  • Like 2