Packers & Eagles Postgame

Leader

I'm not trying to sugar coat, but reality is reality... We played a good team. Hell, we got Graham a chance to make some plays. We had stupid plays, yes, but also key injuries. (Man I would've loved to see that goal line drive with Adams and Williams in the game.) We have a new system, and first time HC, and a QB who honestly has had only one HC his whole career. The defense still made stops, and honestly, we saw some vintage Rodgers. We also saw some slop, and let downs on both sides of the ball. Injuries is all that matters right now, because we NEED Adams, Bulaga, Williams, King and a healthy Bakh... That is what matters at week 5. This season is far from done. There will be growing pains. Lets hope this is the punch in the gut this team needed to get ready for Dallas. Mostly I just hope Williams is okay because 1.) He's a human and  2.) he is truly underappreciated in our eyes as fans.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

so the davante turf to is 2-6ish weeks really depends on severity?  That's what I can find digging around

Is that what they're saying? I dont have a good feel for it, but I seem to recall it keeping AJ Green out for awhile and hampered his effectiveness after returning. Now - they play on synthetic - so there's that - but its just about the worst (or one of the worst) injuries a WR could have as he's constantly pivoting on his front feet.....if he wants to maintain any speed at least.

Our passing games gonna be really interesting now.

I hope it doesnt lead to AR taking off at a greater clip cause I have to tell ya that I cringe each time he does. A hammy. Some bone somewhere. Fact is, I'm less used to a healthy AR than I am to the semi-disabled (or out) AR we've had in recent years.

Wanna know the difference between Brady and AR? Tonights the night. Brady could never have run for those yards / first downs. Not possible

Edited by Leader

Peter Bukowski:  No doubt, but if Davante is out a month, the only healthy WRs the team has right now are Allison, Lazard, Shepherd, and MVS. That's not enough for a gameday roster.

/////////////////////////////

Dont look now....but Mr. Jordy's phone might be ringing tomorrow. Not sure thats any kind of "keep the passing game afloat" answer - but he knows (well, I was gonna say he knew the system........) - he knows AR and the locker room. That counts for something. I guess.

Edited by Leader

don't call jordy nelson out of retirement lmao 

do the best with what you have. who knows, maybe MVS steps up and it gives him confidence for the rest of the season

maybe Allen Lazard shows us something

maybe Darrius Shepherd becomes a gem for us 

i don't have much faith in GMo. he's JAG. he would be the 5th or 6th best option on most teams. i'm really hoping Shepherd or Lazard can ball out and take his spot. develop these guys! let's see what they got 

So now they've had their "They lost and everyone got hurt" game. At least they have a long week to recuperate. The offense finally got going, and the defense and special teams let us down. Aaron Rodgers looked like his old self, evading the rush and throwing accurately for the most part. I didn't mind the defense giving up so many rushing yards in the previous two games, because they played so well against the pass, but in this game the front seven got manhandled from start to finish. Now they play the Cowboys, who have one of the best offensive lines and best running backs in the league. This could be ugly. 

I don't know why the NFL has not adopted a targeting rule like college football has. The player who cheap-shotted Jamaal Williams deserved to be ejected. It was the same thing that Danny Trevathian did to Davante Adams a couple years ago. You knock out an opposing player, and all you get is a 15-yard penalty. 

Can we stop with the Jordy Nelson nonsense...

Few question and comments. 

* Yesterday is the reason why I wanted another reliable target this off season like a Cole Beasley. Another pro. MVS isn’t ready. He’s a one trick pony who is not reliable, and it is evident . With how attentive Gute is , I’m shocked he went into the season like this. 

* correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t a luxury of having a talented secondary being able to put a bigger lineup out there to defend against the run? 

* The offensive line has to get it together. Aaron Jones didn’t have a shot yesterday.