Packers & Eagles Postgame

Leader

16 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Can we stop with the Jordy Nelson nonsense...

Few question and comments. 

* Yesterday is the reason why I wanted another reliable target this off season like a Cole Beasley. Another pro. MVS isn’t ready. He’s a one trick pony who is not reliable, and it is evident . With how attentive Gute is , I’m shocked he went into the season like this. 

* correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t a luxury of having a talented secondary being able to put a bigger lineup out there to defend against the run? 

* The offensive line has to get it together. Aaron Jones didn’t have a shot yesterday. 

MVS snatched that damn slant route that Rodgers tried his best to make uncatchable on that last drive. We were trying damn hard to feed Davante and MVS was the casualty. I guarantee when this game goes back and gets reviewed there's going to be a ton of MVS open. 

I've got no idea why we didn't bring Goodson into the game. Ridiculous.

The offensive line was really strong in pass protection, but Fletcher Cox killed our interior. Got to pray Bulaga's all right. 

• Like 2

First play: helmet to helmet hit on Shepherd. Thank goodness it didn't knock HIM out.

Then comes the play where the D lineman held Jamaal while Barnett delivered the worst kind of vicious helmet to helmet hit to the side of Jamaal's head when he was unable to dodge and couldn't even bounce of the hit due to the hold. How that wasn't an immediate ejection I'll never know, it could serve as a refs training example of  EXACTLY the kind of hit that is unacceptable. You only have to watch that hit and see Bennett's helmet deform with the viciousness of the hit.

I have no problem with playing a physical team, this IS a contact sport and a pretty violent one,  but you should never be able to stick two fingers up at the rules that are specifically designed to protect guys.

I have to say that early on it sure looked to me like the Eagles defense was headhunting, with the intent of injuring the other side.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 2

Blistering hot homer take of the week. . .

If Adams is out for 6 weeks and can come back strong after that. And we can still make the playoffs. This might be a good thing for this offense.

It strips the security blanket away from Rodgers and is going to force him to put some trust in the other guys. Hopefully he doesn't respond by throwing everything away like he does occasionally. When Adams comes back there will hopefully be more balance in the offense rather than everything being forced through one guy.

It also forces LaFleur to have to do some different and more creative things in the passing game. Hopefully he doesn't respond by turtling back in on himself and calling even more running plays on passing downs. 

• Like 3

Just now, malak1 said:

Do any of you think Rodgers checked out of a running play in favor of a pass on that last series? With MLF being a run-heavy coach and no Devante, I find it insane that he wouldn’t call one run.

I doubt it. They said on the interview that the one previously where we threw 4 straight times on the goal line was 3 passes called and an RPO that Rodgers read pass and then had nobody open and wouldn't even give Graham a chance to fight for it matched up on a DB. 

If that was the play call there, I doubt anything changed so significantly a few minutes later.

God the playcalling sucked balls in this game. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

MVS snatched that damn slant route that Rodgers tried his best to make uncatchable on that last drive. We were trying damn hard to feed Davante and MVS was the casualty. I guarantee when this game goes back and gets reviewed there's going to be a ton of MVS open. 

I've got no idea why we didn't bring Goodson into the game. Ridiculous.

The offensive line was really strong in pass protection, but Fletcher Cox killed our interior. Got to pray Bulaga's all right. 

That was a great catch by MVS and he can certainly do that.

Final play it was right on his chest.That ball needs to be caught by him. 

Tough tough loss but short week and 3-1 so I'm not too down. Rodgers was playing HOT for the first time in a while and getting rid of the ball instantly. Reminded me of 2016 him and if that woke him up this loss was worth it. I think the D will figure it out but it's tough not to wonder if Mike Daniels would have helped in a game like this where we were getting pushed around. Also - being critical of playcalling after the fact is lame IMO but I wish Lafleur ran again their. We had already gone 4 and out on 4 passes earlier in the quarter and we had two timeouts left. Give to to Vitale twice up the gut and get a damn yard.

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

How? His hands were pinned to his sides by a CB coming through his back. It was blatant DPI. 

Calling 6 straight passing plays on the 1 yard line after calling a thousand running plays between the 20s is the reason we lost this game. How am I bitching about a game in which we had 14 runs by RBs and Rodgers threw 53 times?

We also lost because of the defense. We dared a team to beat us running the ball. We have for 4 weeks now. We just finally met a team willing to take us up on the offer. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

lol huh there's a screen shot floating around somewhere of him getting mauled.

Edit:EFcVffrU4AEo2Qy?format=jpg&name=large

Did you watch the game, er

Edited by Fl0nkerton
shoulda caught it
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Striker said:

Here's my question:

-Can the kickoff unit pull its head from its own *** and NOT allow a massive return? Or avoid kicking the ball out of bounds? Those were killer.

Crosby has that short one that was returned, and then kicked one out of bounds .. that's awful.  He's been doing good when it comes to kicking deep, but those two instances really hurt us last night.

11 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

How? His hands were pinned to his sides by a CB coming through his back. It was blatant DPI. 

Calling 6 straight passing plays on the 1 yard line after calling a thousand running plays between the 20s is the reason we lost this game. How am I bitching about a game in which we had 14 runs by RBs and Rodgers threw 53 times?

We also lost because of the defense. We dared a team to beat us running the ball. We have for 4 weeks now. We just finally met a team willing to take us up on the offer. 

Relax , I agree with your final two points.

Could you explain to me what I said about our secondary? Why do we need extra DBs seemingly all the time when it's by far our strength? Especially when we're against a hobbled Alshon Jeffery and Ertz. Why no adjustment? 

And that screenshot is hardly definitive. Im not arguing logistics but it still looks like MVS coulda extended his arms.  

14 minutes ago, Leader said:

Twitter comment: It was a hard fought game by both teams. Looked like playoff teams.

Respondent:

Aaron Nagler:  Agree with the first part. Hard to agree with the second part until the Packers show they can stop the run.

Agreed with Nagler ... the league now should be well aware that the Packers can't stop the run.  We were laughably bad last night .. holes that grandma could run thru.