Packers & Eagles Postgame

Leader

Let's be realistic here... We had to lose eventually.  The later in the season you lose, the less time you have to fix your issues. 

It's a good thing we lost this game.  There is no reason to lose this game.  Home teams on Thursday night games have an absurd winning percentage.  The Eagles came into it banged up.  We came into it mostly healthy. 

The Eagles exposed us.  They showed that we really are daring teams to run, and when you do, you don't have to pass. 
The Bears, Vikings and Broncos all could have won if they had ran more and passed less. 

We have to come up with an answer for teams who take us up on our offer. 

I HOPE Rodgers learned a lot, too.  That was his best game in a very long time.  Aaron Jones had 6 receptions.  That doubled his season total.  It wasn't for much (37 yards), but passing to him opened other things up.  Jimmy Graham... Guess what!  When you throw to him, he makes plays.  I don't want to hear it about his two drops.  Those were both pretty tough catches to make, and I hope Rodgers doesn't avoid him anymore. 

Rodgers still missed a lot.  That slant to MVS was terrible.  He had a couple terrible passes to backs, too. 

Now instead of this happening way late in the season, it happened now and we can attempt to fix it. 

We just have to win 4 of our next 6.  This is the tough stretch.  Gotta win the ones in green and hope for some upsets against the other four. 

At Cowboys
Lions
Raiders
At Chiefs
At Chargers
Panthers
At 49ers
At Giants
Redskins
Bears

At Vikings
At Lions

• Like 1

I still don’t think our issues are around ILB.  Look at the very first play of the game.  That was a massive hole.  Looking at all of the running plays, they weren’t terrible plays by Martinez, they were just their OL beating our DL.  

I’d love to improve at ILB in the offseason as much as anyone, but not at the expense of a first round pick when that first round pick really ought to be a pass rushing IDL or a right tackle.

We are a better team without Light at RT and without Lancaster/Landry at DL opposite Clark.

30 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Agreed with Nagler ... the league now should be well aware that the Packers can't stop the run.  We were laughably bad last night .. holes that grandma could run thru.  

176yds on 33 carries = 5.3yds per - with a 4th Qtr long of 30 as the cherry on top.

Martinez looked slow to the hole all night and was getting pushed back when/if he got there. Not his best game, but still he was our leading tackler (only one in double digits). Cant imagine Goodsen's the answer given how long it took for him to get on the field - and lets face it - if the Giants are releasing you......

For some reason - facing a depleted WR corps and getting gashed on the ground - it seemed like we bypassed the "traditional" 2 ILB look.

Injuries will change the complexion of our future.

KK, Brown, Redmond out?

Williams will most definitely be out which makes the smallish (borderline) injury prone AJ our bell cow. (That 4th Qtr tackle he took along the sideline? I'm just glad another Philly defender didnt hit him while his leg was all twisted up).

Adams? His absence will be a supreme challenge. I hope it doesnt lead to an excess of broken plays that causes AR to break contain and run. A recipe for distaster.

25 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

QB sneak is a thing, and it works. 

One of the beat reporters mentioned on Twitter last night that AR's suffered two concussions via QB sneak plays. Did that guide MLFs playcalling? Nobody knows but him. However, AR could have ad libbed the play and taken the dive if he so chose - which he decided against.