Packers & Eagles Postgame

Leader

Pettine channeled his inner Dom Capers and put us in a position of failure.   Sitting in dime while they are gashing us with the run game made little sense.  

When you look at their WR being beat up it makes less sense.  

When you see it drive after drive and don't change it, you have a Dom Capers moment.

Philly came out and played extremely physical. They were allowed to head hunt and bully us. 

Sometimes you have to buckle up your chin strap and respond.   We didn't.  We still seem to be a finesse team.

About that last play of the game.....

Twitter comment: So the league is going to introduce pass interference challenges but not implement it when it costs a team the game. Packers fans should be pissed.

Respondent -

Jason Wilde: 

Seems like the issue is, if you’re only going to use PI replays to overturn plays like in the Saints-Rams NFC championship, then you should have foreseen that this would happen. On replay, this is “clear and obvious,” which is supposedly the standard. Right? Or no?

9 hours ago, chillparsi1 said:

Not sure using the injury excuse works here considering the Eagles are way worse off.

We legit have 2 healthy corners on the roster now. Craig James and Rasul Douglas. 

Missing (At just corner): 

• Ronald Darby
  • Sidney Jones
  • Avonte Maddox (Cut Sendejo)
  • CreVon LeBlanc
  • Jalen Mills

WR and DT are/have been also absurdly banged up. 

What's even more remarkable to me is, It felt like the pocket was collapsing all night long and you guys were consistently able to make Carson uncomfortable with the amount of pressure being sent, but he didn't take a sack or throw a pick. It's pretty clear to me he was taking what you guys were giving him and not trying to do too much in this case. 

I really wonder how much differently both teams would have played if DeSean were there to stretch the field.

3 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Can we stop with the Jordy Nelson nonsense...

Few question and comments. 

* Yesterday is the reason why I wanted another reliable target this off season like a Cole Beasley. Another pro. MVS isn’t ready. He’s a one trick pony who is not reliable, and it is evident . With how attentive Gute is , I’m shocked he went into the season like this. 

* correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t a luxury of having a talented secondary being able to put a bigger lineup out there to defend against the run? 

* The offensive line has to get it together. Aaron Jones didn’t have a shot yesterday. 

The Eagles O-Line is by far the best in the league at blocking in space or redirecting their O-Lineman to do creative run blocking, and they excel at pass blocking in general. They aren't the sort of 1v1 just gonna beat you all the time on an individual basis that the Dallas line is, but overall the two lines are more or less equal. 

Tyron Smith > Jason Peters (For someone who's 37, JP is playing remarkably well)
Connor Williams = Isaac Seumalo (I think Williams surpasses Seumalo sooner or later)
Jason Kelce > Travis Frederick (Many would consider this a hot take, but the dude is 2 time reigning first team all-pro)
Zack Martin > Brandon Brooks (Brooks is a pro bowl level guard, but Martin is the best in the game)
Lane Johnson >>> La'El Collins (This is the biggest discrepancy at any position on the line) 

9 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

-- Pettine is the biggest loser of this game unfortunately. Didn't make any adjustments at half vs the run and forced them to run against us when it should have been the other way around.

++ Rodgers, Graham and Adams had a hell of a night even though there was some tough catches for Graham after so many people wanted him out because he did nothing the last 2 weeks then we start throwing him the football and he catches 6 balls for a touchdown. Just get the guy involved in the passing game and don't worry about the rest. 

Hopefully Rodgers has figured out his inner demons with this game, guy looked completely different in this game compared to the other 3, and I don't think that was all because it was a weak philly secondary. He just looked much more confident throwing the football and his escape ability was so much better than I've seen in a while. 

this