Packers & Eagles Postgame

Leader

9 hours ago, Leader said:

Lily Zhao:  Davante Adams has turf toe. Told us he’ll get it checked out tomorrow. Obviously was very frustrated he couldn’t finish the game.

//////////////

This could be a problem. Turf toe has DOGGED A.J. Green for years.

If memory serves didn't Sterling Sharpe have turf toe back in the day and was hobbled for most of that season?  :(

2 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I have to say that early on it sure looked to me like the Eagles defense was headhunting, with the intent of injuring the other side.

I know I'm going to come across as biased, but the defense as a whole wasn't really headhunting. Derek Barnett is just a careless player, but not a dirty one. He gets penalized multiple times a game for things he could EASILY prevent. He just doesn't care enough to correct his dumb *** mistakes. 

Sendejo on the other hand clearly WAS headhunting... he just ended up with friendly fire, dude deserves to be cut. Never trust a former Viking.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, St Vince said:

We need to find a Howard Green again. Someone wide and hard to move. Clark looks small for a nose tackle he's not stout  and at times gets pushed around. I always said  Lancaster was JAG same with Lowrey. I'd bring back Mike Pennel 6'4 335lbs. Brings much added beef to the DL.

Clark is considered in NFL circles a star in the making at nose.  He just had a bad game last night.  

5 minutes ago, Pugger said:

If memory serves didn't Sterling Sharpe have turf toe back in the day and was hobbled for most of that season?  :(

Dont recall that....but it is....or can be (depending on severity I guess) disabling even when the player returns. AJ Greens had it a few times. Julio Jones had it a couple seasons ago. I think it's the quick, cut, push off guys (generally WRs) that suffer it most often. Cant think of a RBs that had it.

Just now, Pugger said:
9 hours ago, Howler said:

Pass blocking was exceptional under the circumstances. Eagles dline is no joke.

Especially with a banged up Bak and Bulaga on the sideline.

Eagles D-Line relative to the last few seasons leaves quite a bit to be desired. 

Brandon Graham is a shell of his former self. Dude got his last contract and is now fat, lazy, and slow. Shouldn't have extended him.
Derek Barnett is a dumb***, a talented dumb***, but a dumb*** none the less.
Fletcher Cox is still on the mend from off-season foot surgery.
Tim Jernigan out with a foot injury.
Malik Jackson on IR with a foot injury.

Our 2nd unit also ain't what it used to be.
Our DEs are no longer Chris Long and Michael Bennett but rather a washed up Vinny Curry and a disappointingly not blooming Josh Sweat (Wish they'd play Daeshon Hall more)
Hassan Ridgeway was supposed to be our 4th DT but is now starting. I don't even know who our other DTs are at this point.

8 hours ago, Toddfather said:

I'm not trying to sugar coat, but reality is reality... We played a good team. Hell, we got Graham a chance to make some plays. We had stupid plays, yes, but also key injuries. (Man I would've loved to see that goal line drive with Adams and Williams in the game.) We have a new system, and first time HC, and a QB who honestly has had only one HC his whole career. The defense still made stops, and honestly, we saw some vintage Rodgers. We also saw some slop, and let downs on both sides of the ball. Injuries is all that matters right now, because we NEED Adams, Bulaga, Williams, King and a healthy Bakh... That is what matters at week 5. This season is far from done. There will be growing pains. Lets hope this is the punch in the gut this team needed to get ready for Dallas. Mostly I just hope Williams is okay because 1.) He's a human and  2.) he is truly underappreciated in our eyes as fans.

+1

Philly was a desperate team and they played like it.  I too am very concerned about these injuries.  Without #17 Rodgers doesn't have a lot of options out there.

5 minutes ago, Pugger said:

You did??  Before the season started?  Seriously?  I was hoping for 2-2 because we have a new offensive scheme and HC.

No. I dont get involved in 53 roster projections - might just mention one or two preferences at the final cut - or season record projections.

I was hoping for 4+0 when we got to 3+0. See how easy that is? :)

8 hours ago, Leader said:

Peter Bukowski:  No doubt, but if Davante is out a month, the only healthy WRs the team has right now are Allison, Lazard, Shepherd, and MVS. That's not enough for a gameday roster.

/////////////////////////////

Dont look now....but Mr. Jordy's phone might be ringing tomorrow. Not sure thats any kind of "keep the passing game afloat" answer - but he knows (well, I was gonna say he knew the system........) - he knows AR and the locker room. That counts for something. I guess.

Jordy?  No chance.  Perhaps Gute will scour other teams' practice squads or even better make a trade with a team like Miami.

4 hours ago, Greg C. said:

So now they've had their "They lost and everyone got hurt" game. At least they have a long week to recuperate. The offense finally got going, and the defense and special teams let us down. Aaron Rodgers looked like his old self, evading the rush and throwing accurately for the most part. I didn't mind the defense giving up so many rushing yards in the previous two games, because they played so well against the pass, but in this game the front seven got manhandled from start to finish. Now they play the Cowboys, who have one of the best offensive lines and best running backs in the league. This could be ugly. 

I don't know why the NFL has not adopted a targeting rule like college football has. The player who cheap-shotted Jamaal Williams deserved to be ejected. It was the same thing that Danny Trevathian did to Davante Adams a couple years ago. You knock out an opposing player, and all you get is a 15-yard penalty. 

The targeting rule in college has its warts but I agree - that player who hit Williams like that should have been ejected.  If you knock out a player in that manner you are out too. That will truly put an end to this kind of garbage.

3 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Can we stop with the Jordy Nelson nonsense...

Few question and comments. 

* Yesterday is the reason why I wanted another reliable target this off season like a Cole Beasley. Another pro. MVS isn’t ready. He’s a one trick pony who is not reliable, and it is evident . With how attentive Gute is , I’m shocked he went into the season like this. 

* correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t a luxury of having a talented secondary being able to put a bigger lineup out there to defend against the run? 

* The offensive line has to get it together. Aaron Jones didn’t have a shot yesterday. 

I did like how Jones caught the ball out of the backfield last night however.  

17 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Probably depends on the player but it affects some for the rest of their career. Anything to do with the feet is debilitating. It was much more prevalent on astro turf back in the day. Makes a high ankle sprain seem like child's play

Edited by cannondale