Packers & Eagles Postgame

Leader

Interesting breakdown of the 4th and goal play.....

Geoff Schwartz:  The Packers did attempt a run in their first failure inside the 5. It was a RPO, Rodgers predetermined the read, didn’t allow for the throwing window + the Eagles defense was ready.

/////////////////

AR *should* have handed the ball off to AJ who was breaking from his left towards the guard/tackle on the right. Philly was manned up to the left - more bodies - and if AR had actually handed the ball off - AJ had a clear path to the GL where blockers were 1 on 1 and I think it would have been a TD.

Maybe Vitale would have been the better RB at that point cause he offers more "move a pile / break thru" heft than AJ.

In any case, AR didnt hand it off and wound up throwing that odd "pass" in the general direction of #80.

Opportunity missed...contributing to an overall "we blew this win" feel.

Edited by Leader

2 hours ago, malak1 said:

Do any of you think Rodgers checked out of a running play in favor of a pass on that last series? With MLF being a run-heavy coach and no Devante, I find it insane that he wouldn’t call one run.

With 5 minutes to go and you couldn't run the ball all night long I don't blame MLF at all.  He put the ball in his HOF QB.  It was unfortunate that last pass bounced off the WR into the defender's hands to end the game.

• Like 2

That one sucked and hurt.  When you cant pound it in at 4 attempts on the 1 yard line, and then you get inside the 5 AGAIN and pass AGAIN, yeah, probably dont deserve to win that one.  Playcalling failures galore in the red zone.  That needs to be cleaned up.

If Adams situation is as bad as we fear , rodgers is going to have to get over trust issues asap.  MVS, Allison, Lazard, Shep, Kumerow are going to need to step up.  

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

With 5 minutes to go and you couldn't run the ball all night long I don't blame MLF at all.  He put the ball in his HOF QB.  It was unfortunate that last pass bounced off the WR into the defender's hands to end the game.

It was unfortunate the pass interference wasn't called

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

I wish this were true, but it's not. Guys are still getting ejected in college all the time so it's not really stopping it there?

There were 2 Badgers safeties ejected for targeting in the MI/WI game last Saturday.  Those 2 kids were ejected and cannot be back playing until the second half of tomorrow's game against Northwestern.  Implementing that along with heftier fines might help anyway.

Is there a run down of all guys banged up in that game for Eagles and Packers?  Reason I came here.  Looking through messages and not seeing it so thought I would ask.  

I also just ran a search and nothing came up yet.

Watched the game this morning and skipped a lot between plays, but it seems like it was a lot of guys on the ground or limping.  

I thought Rodgers was awesome and amazing outside the 15.  Not scoring twice inside the 10 was obviously huge.  Tough to win when that happens.  

Adams was a huge mismatch all day.  I felt bad for that corner for Eagles.  

Graham had a big day too.  

Eagles O line was a huge story as well for them.  They played out of their minds.  They won the game.  

Still either Bears or MN will lose this week.  Detroit is a huge dog.  A possible loss in Dallas, while disappointing,  likely won't cede much ground.  

Just now, Pugger said:

There were 2 Badgers safeties ejected for targeting in the MI/WI game last Saturday.  Those 2 kids were ejected and cannot be back playing until the second half of tomorrow's game against Northwestern.  Implementing that along with heftier fines might help anyway.

Oh yeah I'm totally on board with the ejections for this stuff, I'm just saying I'm not sure it's actually lowered the rate of it happening with the new rule. Maybe I misunderstood you and that's not what you meant but I thought you were saying ejections would help stop it but that example there even shows two guys from the same game both doing it. That's what I was getting at. It's a fair balance, if done correctly, but I'm not convinced it lowers incidences

Just now, Norm said:

Oh yeah I'm totally on board with the ejections for this stuff, I'm just saying I'm not sure it's actually lowered the rate of it happening with the new rule. Maybe I misunderstood you and that's not what you meant but I thought you were saying ejections would help stop it but that example there even shows two guys from the same game both doing it. That's what I was getting at. It's a fair balance, if done correctly, but I'm not convinced it lowers incidences

You're right but the league says they want to cut out that kind of activity.  I don't know what else can be done except an automatic ejection if you hit a defensive player like that and a big fine.  :/

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Is there a run down of all guys banged up in that game for Eagles and Packers?  Reason I came here.  Looking through messages and not seeing it so thought I would ask.  

Watched the game this morning and skipped a lot between plays, but it seems like it was a lot of guys on the ground or limping.  

I thought Rodgers was awesome and amazing outside the 15.  Not scoring twice inside the 10 was obviously huge.  Tough to win when that happens.  

Eagles O line was a huge story as well for them.  They played out of their minds.  They won the game.  

Still either Bears or MN will lose this week.  Detroit is a huge dog.  A possible loss in Dallas, while disappointing,  likely won't cede much ground.  

Seriously. You pay the entry fee at the door? :)

22 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Off the top of my head:

Bulaga, Jamaal Williams, Davante Adams, Tony Brown

Maddox, Cox

Probably 60,000 livers.

• Like 1