Packers & Eagles Postgame

Leader

21 minutes ago, Pugger said:

You're right but the league says they want to cut out that kind of activity.  I don't know what else can be done except an automatic ejection if you hit a defensive player like that and a big fine.  :/

Yeah agreed. Not much you can do past that unfortunately

• Like 1

One opinion from a talking head regarding pass interference challenges, is that the NFL is basically saying to coaches, stop challenging pass interference. The rule is in place to correct game changing "important" calls. Stop wasting our time with the mid-game stuff.

I'd like to think that's not true, but it probably is

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

One opinion from a talking head regarding pass interference challenges, is that the NFL is basically saying to coaches, stop challenging pass interference. The rule is in place to correct game changing "important" calls. Stop wasting our time with the mid-game stuff.

This rule is an even bigger mess than I was expecting - and I was expecting it to be a disaster.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I think even more so than with other calls, the point about "clear indisputable evidence" needs to be present for a pass interference call/non-call to be overturned.

I think there should be more discussion on the lethal hits. Does the league REALLY care? Last Saturday is Badgers fans witnessed two players get tossed in the span of five minutes - one for a totally lethal hit and one that was ehhh. I think it’s the right direction - if you are going to lose players for those hits to ejection then coaches will place more of an emphasis on it. The fives are not enough. 

Then the discussion leads to the friendly fire cases. IMO that should still lead to ejection, result is the same and the actions were the same ... result should be the same.

I am not just saying this because Barnett later had a huge strip sack but these hits are vicious and people are really suffering because of it. Interested to hear people’s thoughts.

Packer management (either Coach L or Gute)  should take the fine and crucify the league officiating in this game most notably the failure to call DPI on the challenged call.   Absolutely crucify them and call them out for their incompetence from the nature of the very rule allowing challenge to the failure to do their job when challenged.  Paint them pathetic.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

I think even more so than with other calls, the point about "clear indisputable evidence" needs to be present for a pass interference call/non-call to be overturned.

The PI on MVS was as indisputable as it gets.  Maddox didn't play the ball at all, pushed MVS out of the path of the ball, and pushed his chin strap halfway up his face.  If that isn't going to get reversed I don't know what will.

• Like 1

Just now, MaximusGluteus said:

The PI on MVS was as indisputable as it gets.  Maddox didn't play the ball at all, pushed MVS out of the path of the ball, and pushed his chin strap halfway up his face.  If that isn't going to get reversed I don't know what will.

You can't say they weren't consistent. The challenge Doug made on the Alshon Jeffery throw, your defender pushed Alshon's arm out of the way without playing the ball. 

2 minutes ago, sgtcheezwiz said:

I think there should be more discussion on the lethal hits. Does the league REALLY care? Last Saturday is Badgers fans witnessed two players get tossed in the span of five minutes - one for a totally lethal hit and one that was ehhh. I think it’s the right direction - if you are going to lose players for those hits to ejection then coaches will place more of an emphasis on it. The fives are not enough. 

Then the discussion leads to the friendly fire cases. IMO that should still lead to ejection, result is the same and the actions were the same ... result should be the same.

I am not just saying this because Barnett later had a huge strip sack but these hits are vicious and people are really suffering because of it. Interested to hear people’s thoughts.

Barnett definitely should have been tossed for that.  **** like that can literally end someone's career and cause major health issues down the road.

If it were me after burying the NFL officiating in a presser I'd come right out and say on the challenged DPI "failure to call" that they were either incompetent by their own letter of the law rules or they were biased.   THAT would get their attention...

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

You can't say they weren't consistent. The challenge Doug made on the Alshon Jeffery throw, your defender pushed Alshon's arm out of the way without playing the ball. 

Not even half as bad as the MVS no call, and you know it.  Come on man, I know you have at least one functioning eyeball.

2 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Not even half as bad as the MVS no call, and you know it.  Come on man, I know you have at least one functioning eyeball.

It doesn't matter how bad it "looked" they both were still hindered from making the catch due to the defender altering their body and not playing the ball. Just because one guy had his arm pushed and the other had one around his back doesn't matter.