Tell us about yourself

Woz

45 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Ha! Sure, remember the fab 5?

Yes, 28 years ago. Remind me, how long ago was Jim Tressel? I mean, I can also do the moral thing too but that path is too easy.

I look forward to this banter and potential sig bet come November.

26 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Yes, 28 years ago. Remind me, how long ago was Jim Tressel? I mean, I can also do the moral thing too but that path is too easy.

I look forward to this banter and potential sig bet come November.

What exactly did they get Tressell on? Terrell Pryor exchanged autographs and memorabilia he had won for free tattoos? Bfd

15 hours ago, turtle28 said:

What exactly did they get Tressell on? Terrell Pryor exchanged autographs and memorabilia he had won for free tattoos? Bfd

Obstruction. Jim Tressel knew of the violations and didn't act on them to keep his team on the field.

On 9/18/2019 at 8:51 AM, JoshstraDaymus said:

Obstruction. Jim Tressel knew of the violations and didn't act on them to keep his team on the field.

I guess but I think it’s quite a stupid violation that a college player can’t sell something that he’s earned for playing football or trade it for something, in that case a tattoo.

Do you think they’ll fire Harbaugh if he doesn’t get the team turned around this year?

Other than the fact that Harbaugh hasn’t beaten Ohio State since he’s been at Michigan, he’s actually been a hell of a lot better than Michigan’s two previous hires; Rich Rodriguez and Brady Hoke.

17 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I guess but I think it’s quite a stupid violation that a college player can’t sell something that he’s earned for playing football or trade it for something, in that case a tattoo.

Do you think they’ll fire Harbaugh if he doesn’t get the team turned around this year?

Other than the fact that Harbaugh hasn’t beaten Ohio State since he’s been at Michigan, he’s actually been a hell of a lot better than Michigan’s two previous hires; Rich Rodriguez and Brady Hoke.

I want to say no because I don't think it'll help at all firing him. I think Michigan would lose more than it would gain. At least he can recruit. I don't know where they'd even go next.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2019 at 8:24 AM, JoshstraDaymus said:

I want to say no because I don't think it'll help at all firing him. I think Michigan would lose more than it would gain. At least he can recruit. I don't know where they'd even go next.

I agree with that, alumni are used to beating OSU & competing for National Championships though, I don't know how much longer they'll put up w/ just good but not great.

Michigan has been that way or worse since Lloyd Carr.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I agree with that, alumni are used to beating OSU & competing for National Championships though, I don't know how much longer they'll put up w/ just good but not great.

Michigan has been that way or worse since Lloyd Carr.

It's unfortunate but accurate. I don't know if I'm settling or if I'm patient

On 10/1/2019 at 2:00 PM, JoshstraDaymus said:

It's unfortunate but accurate. I don't know if I'm settling or if I'm patient

I feel your pain. As a Buckeye’s fan, we settled on Cooper in the 90s. His team's always had a lot of players taken high in the draft yet he rarely beat Michigan and never competed for a National Championship.

• 3 months later...

It looks like everyone likes to introduce themselves and talk a bit.  My father has been a life long NY Giants fan and the only time he could see them in Va. was the redskins game.  I wondered in on that day and decided to root against his team and became a life long skins fan.  For years i have blamed Mr. Snyder and his flunkies for what we have had to suffer, but no longer.  I have been told it is bad to speak ill of the dead, so all i am going to say is this.  The previous owner is kicking his own *** for not leaving this team to his son.  I like the Del Rio hire and i am not sold on the Rivera hire as of yet.  The switch to the 4-3 has me somewhat excited, but i think i would rather trade down and acquire picks with the 2nd than take just one man who cant possibly fix the team.  OT would be my pick over DE anyway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, C-hokie-ole said:

It looks like everyone likes to introduce themselves and talk a bit.  My father has been a life long NY Giants fan and the only time he could see them in Va. was the redskins game.  I wondered in on that day and decided to root against his team and became a life long skins fan.  For years i have blamed Mr. Snyder and his flunkies for what we have had to suffer, but no longer.  I have been told it is bad to speak ill of the dead, so all i am going to say is this.  The previous owner is kicking his own *** for not leaving this team to his son.  I like the Del Rio hire and i am not sold on the Rivera hire as of yet.  The switch to the 4-3 has me somewhat excited, but i think i would rather trade down and acquire picks with the 2nd than take just one man who cant possibly fix the team.  OT would be my pick over DE anyway.

Welcome to the board, I agree about your point in regards to Jack Kent Cooke and him not leaving the team to his son Jon and what he would feel of the horrible job Snyder has done.

Disagree about wanting to trade down. We are discussing that at nausea in the 2020 Draft thread, the top topic in this forum.

Yes, we need more than one player on our team but passing on the best player available and someone who could be a big-time game changer for our defense isn't wise IMO. Just look at the difference the Bosa’s have made for their defenses after they were drafted and Chase Young is better. We haven't had a pass rusher like Chase Young to effect an offense since we had Dexter Manley.

You just can't pass on that kind of talent for lesser players and make no mistake about it, every player we’d get in a trade down would be a worse player then Chase Young.

We need big time game changers on our team, we have a bunch of better than average and good young talent on our team but we don't have enough game changers. Can't pass on the chance to get one of those guys.

We have free agency to improve other positions on the team like LB, CB, FS and TE.

Also, if Trent returns and we re-sign Flowers and/or Scherff, we don't have a need anywhere along our OL IMO. 

5 hours ago, C-hokie-ole said:

Welcome aboard. I don’t think Cookes son wanted the team. 

52 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

Welcome aboard. I don’t think Cookes son wanted the team. 

Yes he did. Instead of Jack giving Jon the team in his will though - or his kids - he allowed the team to be bidded upon by giving it to the Redskins Foundation. When that happened, Dan Snyder and his group outbid Jon Kent Cooke and his group to own the team. And, the rest is history, the Redskins were a worse run franchise immediately and a worse team within 3 years then the team Snyder inherited in 1999.

Edited by turtle28

11 hours ago, C-hokie-ole said:

Welcome aboard (even if you are a Hokie)! :D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yes he did. Instead of Jack giving Jon the team in his will though - or his kids - he allowed the team to be bidded upon by giving it to the Redskins Foundation. When that happened, Dan Snyder and his group outbid Jon Kent Cooke and his group to own the team. And, the rest is history, the Redskins were a worse run franchise immediately and a worse team within 3 years then the team Snyder inherited in 1999.

It was the Jack Kent Cooke foundation but otherwise you are correct.  

If he were still alive, I think he would be happy in the $175 million plus that's been dispersed through scholarships, as well as other work the foundation does.  

Also @C-hokie-ole welcomer to FF 

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It was the Jack Kent Cooke foundation but otherwise you are correct.  

If he were still alive, I think he would be happy in the $175 million plus that's been dispersed through scholarships, as well as other work the foundation does.  

Also @C-hokie-ole welcomer to FF 

I don't think Jack would be happy that the team sucks. He would care more about that. I think Jack expected the foundation would get the $ and his son would win the bid to get the team. It was an awful decision and it's ruined the franchise.

Edited by turtle28