Tell us about yourself

Woz

Let's see here: who am I?

I AM THE GREAT AND POWERFUL WOZ!

Picture-31.png

*cough cough* Jeez, what's with all the smoke machines? Hope no one calls the fire marshal any time soon! *waves hands*

Anyway, I've been hanging around this forum for nearly twelve years (registered time is 11+ years, but I did some serious lurking back in the day). I'm also the lead moderator here. Arguably I'm the "optimistic" moderator, since my co-mod ( @Thaiphoon ) is our resident curmudgeon, but more about ME!!!

I've been a fan for this team since the glory days with Gibbs (the first time around), suffered through the 90s, and watch Dan Snyder take one of my most cherished teams and drive it ... umm ... yeah, so I've been a fan for a long time.:$

I'm also an alum of the University of Virginia so do remind me how much the Cavaliers suck during college football season. I love it. It adds a spice to my life to be reminded of how I've chosen two teams that break my heart. As such, I refuse to back the Wizards because as the fan of the Skins and Hoos, I know a loser when I see one. The Capitals broke my heart when I was a kid, so they're essentially dead to me; I'll follow them, maybe go to a game or something, but dead. To. Me. Right now, only the Nationals have a realistic chance of me seeing a parade in DC ... and I know my luck on that front too. I do follow the USMNT foot ... I mean soccer team, but no, I don't have a club I follow in any league.

As others will tell you, I'm a nerd and a geek. No, they're not the same and yes, I claim those badges proudly. I'm a software engineer by trade and sci-fi fan at heart.

What about you?

• Like 1

Hello,  I'm MKnight82.

I was raised a Skins fan as my dad was before me.  We actually watch the draft together every year.  I'm a graduate of VCU and their men's basketball team is my 2nd love behind the Redskins.  In fact the VCU Rams are the only team I root for that aren't completely terrible.  You see, since VCU doesn't have a football team and my family is from Charlottesville I root for UVA football.  My football loyalties are an abusive relationship I can't seem to get out of.

I grew up an Orioles fan but once Cal Ripken retired and the Nats moved to D.C. I started following them but honestly I'm not that into baseball.  

I'm a big fan of the NBA but don't have a favorite team, I just enjoy watching good basketball.  I think that's why I enjoy the NBA so much, cause there's no heartbreaking loss in it for me.  Also my wife will actually watch NBA games with me, unlike any other sporting event.  

Other than the Redskins forum you'll see me post most frequently in the Basketball forum and Video Game forums, as I'm a huge nerd.  

Edited by MKnight82

So I am probably the coolest of the bunch in this forum. I am not a nerd. I am a MAN. I love football, and everything about it. The off season, regular season. Just all of it. Well, except the Dallas Cowboys. 

I am a graduate of Eastern Oregon, yes, that is a legitimate college. I am getting a masters from Georgia Tech. I am a Systems Engineer (not IT) and I like to model stuff and then simulate it. 

I like video games, but only games like Madden or the Show. 

I am a veteran of the U.S. Navy as I served for 6 years from 94-00. 

I have been a Redskins fan since the 80's. I loved Joey T. When Taylor broke his leg, I was devistated. I hated Taylor. Still do. I think I hate Dan Snyder more. Bruce Allen is an idiot much like Vinny Cerrato was. Snyder cares only about his money and doesn't see the bottom line, that building a winner will essentially line your pockets like never before. No business venture that he has created has ever succeeded and the Redskins are the only thing he has that has been a legitimate success because of the best fan base in the NFL. 

If you like, you can follow me on twitter @nfl_mock or check out my site: www.nflmock.com for mock drafting and fantasy advice and information. 

Edited by mike23md

Well first, I'm a boss!

Second of all, I'm a diehard D.C. Sports fan. I've been a fan of D.C. Sports since I knew what sports were when I was a young in elementary school.

Two funny stories about by when/how I became a Redskins fan and my handle.

1. I became a Redskins fan when I went to kindergarten and all of my friends were Redskins fan. Up until that point my family was all Steelers fans. My parents are from a small coal mine & steel town along the banks of the Ohio river in Ohio right across from Wheeling, WV. It's inbetween Pittsburgh, PA and Morgantown, WV. When they were just married and in their 20s that's when the Steelers won their 4 Super Bowls in the 70s.

So as the story goes my dad said when I was 5 and came off the school bus for the first time I told him that I was no longer a Steelers fan anymore because all of my friends were Redskins fans. It broke my dad's heart but if you know my dad it wasn't a big deal. Interesting enough I've turned my parents and my younger sister into as much Redskins fans as Steelers fans but all 3 of them still like the Steelers more. I'm the opposite, my 1 seed is the Redskins my 2 is the Steelers and it's been that way for over 30 years.

2. I went to Wvu in part because it was close to my family in Ohio and I always liked the Mountaineers colors and big time college sports. I was a huge Amous Zereouwe fan as a senior in HS. I actually saw him once at a cd shop on campus. It was crazy, I'm short, only 5'6 and he was about the same height but just jacked! I was like holy cow, he's my height by 200 pounds solid muscle, at the time I was 140 pounds and skinny w/lean muscle but I just couldn't believe it. I imagine it was how Barry Sanders looked in person or Darrel Sproles. 

My one friend at WVU from Maine said one day that I looked like a ninja turtle I guess because of my height or something and so the nickname stuck. The guys still call me turtle today if I see them or talk to them on Facebook or something. On top of that I'm from Maryland so because their college nickname is the Terrapins, it works in that way too.  

Anyways, I can't tell you how much I bleed burgundy & gold and the red white and blue of the other teams in town. I used to write for several blogs but gave it up because I just didn't have time with work and after I got married. The owner of the site I blogged for for two years said I was the one who kept the site going as long as it did because of all the material I came up with but it wasn't a paying gig and had to end. I've thought of starting my own blog and asking some on here if they'd want to contribute an article a week or something but it's hard with being married and with my crazy work schedule to even get that going but I think it'd be fun. 

One thing to always remember is we are a family on here no matter how much we bicker, it's all out of love for the Redskins.

I'm probably the biggest homer in the forum which upsets some I guess because I'm almost always optimistic that things could get better even though I know my predictions are almost always wrong.

But frankly, it is what it is. Someone on this board has to have a positive outlook other wise it'd just be a bunch of guys agreeing on how much we hate the Redskins but root for them all day long and honestly, who wants that! xD

Edited by turtle28

On 7/22/2017 at 1:41 PM, mike23md said:

So I am probably the coolest of the bunch in this forum. I am not a nerd. I am a MAN. I love football, and everything about it. The off season, regular season. Just all of it. Well, except the Dallas Cowboys. 

I am a graduate of Eastern Oregon, yes, that is a legitimate college. I am getting a masters from Georgia Tech. I am a Systems Engineer (not IT) and I like to model stuff and then simulate it. 

I like video games, but only games like Madden or the Show. 

I am a veteran of the U.S. Navy as I served for 6 years from 94-00. 

I have been a Redskins fan since the 80's. I loved Joey T. When Taylor broke his leg, I was devistated. I hated Taylor. Still do. I think I hate Dan Snyder more. Bruce Allen is an idiot much like Vinny Cerrato was. Snyder cares only about his money and doesn't see the bottom line, that building a winner will essentially line your pockets like never before. No business venture that he has created has ever succeeded and the Redskins are the only thing he has that has been a legitimate success because of the best fan base in the NFL. 

If you like, you can follow me on twitter @nfl_mock or check out my site: www.nflmock.com for mock drafting and fantasy advice and information. 

Thank you for your service sir! I could tell you were a vet from previous posts but I never knew which branch. I have a cousin and some great uncles who were in the Navy.

Edited by turtle28

I sucked it up and made it over here.

I'm Jeezy, 10+ year member of the sight. Started off as a high school senior, now married and have an amazing 10 month old son. From the DC area, and used to be a gigantic Skins fan, now I'm more of a casual. Just can't invest energy in a team that so clearly doesn't give a crap about their fans - maybe one day I can get back there. I do love all things DC sports though and am a gigantic Nats fan. I'm a University of Miami alum, and love all things Canes - and these days spend most of my NFL energy on fantasy football and pro-Canes.

Finally, and most important thing to know, I will post alot of Pokemon GIFs in game threads this season.

On 8/2/2017 at 0:53 PM, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Finally, and most important thing to know, I will post alot of Pokemon GIFs in game threads this season.

I think we can roll with this. I reserve the right to respond with MLP, though. Or random cat pictures.

Ok, so I'm the "junior mod" I guess. Not sure what THAT means, but whatever. I'm 48 (just had my birthday on July 27 - start of training camp). I've been a Redskins fan all my life.  when George Allen and Jack Pardee were coaches. I remember Cooke hiring Gibbs and the glory years of the Redskins back in the 1980s and early 1990s. I've seen this team be the pinnacle of NFL success. And its why I'm the resident curmudgeon now.

But enough happy talk about our team.

Like I said, I'm older than a lot of you guys. I have a wife and a daughter. We live in NoVa in Loudoun County. I pass by Redskins Park regularly on my commutes in the area. I'm an alum of James Madison University (who just won the FCS Championship - Go Dukes!!).

Oh, and I'm a firm believer that as long as Danny owns the team, we will not win another Super Bowl.

I'm here too--glad to be back. Man you guys are giving away serious secrets! The heck with that !! :D I go way back -much further than anyone. My fav thing as a little kid ( TV was black and white ) was to be left home alone on a Sunday afternoon and watch football. Taught myself the rules etc and I always rooted for the team in the dark jerseys . One day I realized the Redskins were in white and I thought--I can't root against the Redskins !! Been a fan ever since.  

Married for the second time around. This wife is 15 years younger but we've been married 32 years. We both love our bourbon-Eagle Rare. Think that keeps us together,,and our dog !

It seems like we've all been here quite some time now and it's one of the more tight knit Redskins communities I've been apart of.

I'm 32 and have been a diehard redskins fan all of my life. I grew up in NoVa and don't plan on going anywhere for awhile. I'm a big fan of the Nats, Wiz and Hokies. I love video games and enjoy building gaming PCs. I'm just a dork. 

Posted on message boards for years under a different handle, I probably have over 100,000 posts if they were all on one forum.  I've owned and operated my own, been a mod on countless others......the list goes on.  

Anyway, I'm a huge Redskins fan, it's in my blood and my great uncle was a player, coach and scout for the team.  I have season tickets in section 112 by the visitor tunnel, this will be my second year with them.  I'm also an Orioles fan and season ticket holder there in section 56.  I also root for the Capitals, Wizards, University of Georgia, Wake Forest and Navy.  

So.... uh hey guys. Missed me?

Anyways! Name is Justin! Been a D.C. Fan since birth and have yet to ever see a championship. 

Proud JMU graduate and working currently in IT Consulting (Thai can attest to this) 

Also since I was last on here I got married! Happily married my wife whom I met at JMU. 

Go Dukes

Justin