Tell us about yourself

Woz

13 hours ago, Woz said:

Glad to have you aboard @Dutch Redskins fanB|

I now require a list of the top five beers from Netherlands. :D Bonus option: list of good Netherlands spirits/liquors.

cc: @Doc Draper

Yes welcome! I tried and liked that Maximator beer, but interested in getting advice on which ones go well as a chaser for Scotch and those lovely brownies in the bars and coffee shops  there. 

• Like 1

We have the big companies/ pilsners

Heineken (the largest and we are proud of them)

Grolsch

Amstel

Hertog Jan

Bavaria

Of these Hertog Jan is my favourite!

Lately the local beers are getting more attention. La Trappe is of great quality. In Utrecht: De Leckere and Maximus are really good. In Amsterdam try Brouwerij 't Ij.

I must say for more special beer: just take the Belgian beers. They are better and still on tap in most bars in NL. 

I will also go for the bonus question: liquors.

Jenever is the most sold. This was the base for Gin. English solders in the 1600 liked it so much, they took it home. I personnaly am a big fan of Berenburg in the winter!!

• Like 2

On 8/17/2018 at 4:26 PM, Dutch Redskins fan said:

Eh.

Grolsch

Okay, not my favorite, but I can deal.

Amstel

Ugh.

Hertog Jan

Bavaria

Now, these are interesting. Never heard of either of them.

Lately the local beers are getting more attention. La Trappe is of great quality. In Utrecht: De Leckere and Maximus are really good. In Amsterdam try Brouwerij 't Ij.

I must say for more special beer: just take the Belgian beers. They are better and still on tap in most bars in NL. 

Oof, that must hurt a bit to admit that. :D

Jenever is the most sold. This was the base for Gin. English solders in the 1600 liked it so much, they took it home. I personnaly am a big fan of Berenburg in the winter!!

Interesting. Didn't know that we had the Dutch to blame for gin. :D

Thanks for the data. Hope you can make it out to ... well, not FedEx because it's a horrible place to watch a game, but to the next generation stadium (which *crosses fingers* will not stink so much) to see the boys in Burgundy & Gold in person.

We have the big companies/ pilsners

Grolsch

Amstel

Hertog Jan

Bavaria

Welcome to the forum! Glad to know our team has some international presence represented here! When I was in Europe last, I had some Hertog Jan. It was pretty good!

Hello all. Maybe some of yall remember me, maybe yall don't, but no worries cause I'm here to introduce myself. Been visiting Footballsfuture since 2009  back when I was in highschool. Was a long timer lurker but finally made an account on the old boards and posted for abit before getting busy with college. I graduated this past year so now I'm finding more free time to get back into football and hopefully start posting more. Still have the lurker mentality but I'll try to be active.

I'm 23 years old (anyone younger than me?), graduated from VCU with a degree in finance. Just moved back from RVA to NOVA this August and now I'm currently job searching in the area. I support all DC sports but the Redskins and Wizards are the teams I'm passionate about. Other than DC teams, I support the VCU Rams, Kentucky mens Basketball, and despise the Wahoos. My earliest football memory is the Patriots vs Eagles SB in 2004. Early on I bounced around a few teams because I was just a kid and didn't really know who to root for. Figured out it was easier to just root for the home team and became a Skins fan unfortunately. When it comes to the Skins I'm fairly optimistic every year and also disappointed every year. Anyways I look forward to chatting with everyone, thanks for reading! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Almm24 said:

Hello all. Maybe some of yall remember me, maybe yall don't, but no worries cause I'm here to introduce myself. Been visiting Footballsfuture since 2009  back when I was in highschool. Was a long timer lurker but finally made an account on the old boards and posted for abit before getting busy with college. I graduated this past year so now I'm finding more free time to get back into football and hopefully start posting more. Still have the lurker mentality but I'll try to be active.

I'm 23 years old (anyone younger than me?), graduated from VCU with a degree in finance. Just moved back from RVA to NOVA this August and now I'm currently job searching in the area. I support all DC sports but the Redskins and Wizards are the teams I'm passionate about. Other than DC teams, I support the VCU Rams, Kentucky mens Basketball, and despise the Wahoos. My earliest football memory is the Patriots vs Eagles SB in 2004. Early on I bounced around a few teams because I was just a kid and didn't really know who to root for. Figured out it was easier to just root for the home team and became a Skins fan unfortunately. When it comes to the Skins I'm fairly optimistic every year and also disappointed every year. Anyways I look forward to chatting with everyone, thanks for reading! 

Welcome back to NoVA

6 hours ago, Almm24 said:

Other than DC teams, I support the VCU Rams, Kentucky mens Basketball, and despise the Wahoos.

I'd say we hate you too, but that would imply that Wahoos spend a second thinking about VCU beyond the occasional basketball matchup.

Smootchies.  :D

On 9/7/2018 at 4:40 AM, Almm24 said:

I remember you, I hope you’re active and welcome back!

Edited by turtle28