Tell us about yourself

Woz

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Umbaugh21 said:

Hey, I've been on this forum for a long time as seantaylorfan21. I wasn't active on here during the switch over of sites and I forgot all my passwords and stuff so this is my new account. Just thought I'd let you all know that I'm not really new to the forum.

Welcome back. Did you check out this page http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=589383 on the old forum (make sure you click Cancel when the pop up appears)?

Just in case you wanted to keep your old name and post count.

I was registered (same name) under the old forum and just got around to updating. Still had the update email amazingly and it was ez to get re-registered. 

Anyway, been a Redskins fan for 50 years. I live outside Seattle and work next to the CLink. Quite a few comments wearing wearing my Skins gear in the week prior to the Skins/Hawks game on 11/05/2017.  Washington 17 Seattle 14. Not so many comments the week after though. xD

I'll be retired by next season and will be spending a lot of time visiting stadiums across the US. Did Wembley last year; great stadium but wasn't crazy about the outcome (Skins loss to Bengals).

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SeattleSkin said:

I was registered (same name) under the old forum and just got around to updating. Still had the update email amazingly and it was ez to get re-registered. 

Anyway, been a Redskins fan for 50 years. I live outside Seattle and work next to the CLink. Quite a few comments wearing wearing my Skins gear in the week prior to the Skins/Hawks game on 11/05/2017.  Washington 17 Seattle 14. Not so many comments the week after though. xD

I'll be retired by next season and will be spending a lot of time visiting stadiums across the US. Did Wembley last year; great stadium but wasn't crazy about the outcome (Skins loss to Bengals).

Welcome back! Glad the transition was easy for you.

I discussed with my son trying to visit all of the baseball parks (no, not in one year) to see a Nats game in each. Here's hoping!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SeattleSkin said:

It sure felt like a loss. Welcome back to the forum!

• Like 1

Thanx guys! Yeah the Cinncy/Skins game was a tie not a loss, my error.  

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNL1_7eL5SdBiFQJwr73U_KhIza5jJkm31d6xQu

It'll take me several years to make the stadium tour but lots of time. Baseball season is a lot longer so you could spread out those visits easier. One every 3 or 4 weeks is probably pretty laid back. Take what, maybe 5 or so years to get to them all? I'm sure you & your son will have a blast.

On 11/10/2017 at 9:06 PM, SeattleSkin said:

Welcome back SeattleSkin. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone. I am a 1957 model and have been a skin's fan since 1962. Norm Snead was the QB. Anyways I was born raised in Dallas Tx and lived 1 block from the cotton bowl which was the original home stadium of the Cowboys. I am the only odd ball in my family, everyone in my family are Cowboy fans. The hardest and the most difficult time being a skins fan and living in Dallas was the George Allen and Jack Pardee era. This era was true testament to my loyalty to the Skins b/c I went through a lot, and I mean alot!!!! LOL. If you was a Skins fan back then and lived in Dallas you better now how to put up your dukes.  It's kind of funny now but it surely wasn't back then.  But  the rival has changed since then. To make matters worse I am also an OU (Oklahoma) alum. That rival also is nothing like it used to.  Look forward to chatting with guys about our Skins. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 4209 said:

Hello everyone. I am a 1957 model and have been a skin's fan since 1962. Norm Snead was the QB. Anyways I was born raised in Dallas Tx and lived 1 block from the cotton bowl which was the original home stadium of the Cowboys. I am the only odd ball in my family, everyone in my family are Cowboy fans. The hardest and the most difficult time being a skins fan and living in Dallas was the George Allen and Jack Pardee era. This era was true testament to my loyalty to the Skins b/c I went through a lot, and I mean alot!!!! LOL. If you was a Skins fan back then and lived in Dallas you better now how to put up your dukes.  It's kind of funny now but it surely wasn't back then.  But  the rival has changed since then. To make matters worse I am also an OU (Oklahoma) alum. That rival also is nothing like it used to.  Look forward to chatting with guys about our Skins. 

Welcome to chaos 4209! We bicker in here a lot but we all do it out of love for the skins!

On 12/24/2017 at 12:13 AM, 4209 said:

Welcome!!

Third generation fan. Grandfather with Sammy, Dad with Sonny and I with Joe, Doug and Mark. Retired US Army, UVA grad., Happily married with seven kids, 4 in college, one in the Army and two still at home. Trying to turn my kids into fans, but our team has stunk up the place for the last 26 years. Don't spend my money on the team anymore on attending or buying merchandise. Snyder, his long run of misfit presidents, general managers and coaches, waste of draft picks and over priced ancient veterans have made our team the laughing stock of the NFC! Thank God for the Browns cause then we would be the joke of the NFL!  The only way things change is either a new owner or firing Allen and getting a real GM. Just so you know, we are losing Kirk and its the dung heap of a front office that caused this fiasco.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Skinscavalier said:

Third generation fan. Grandfather with Sammy, Dad with Sonny and I with Joe, Doug and Mark. Retired US Army, UVA grad., Happily married with seven kids, 4 in college, one in the Army and two still at home. Trying to turn my kids into fans, but our team has stunk up the place for the last 26 years. Don't spend my money on the team anymore on attending or buying merchandise. Snyder, his long run of misfit presidents, general managers and coaches, waste of draft picks and over priced ancient veterans have made our team the laughing stock of the NFC! Thank God for the Browns cause then we would be the joke of the NFL!  The only way things change is either a new owner or firing Allen and getting a real GM. Just so you know, we are losing Kirk and its the dung heap of a front office that caused this fiasco.

Welcome! Glad to have another fan around my age who experienced the golden years of Gibbs 1.0

My fellow moderator @Woz is also of the same vintage and also a UVa alum.

Hail to the Deadskins! The team that is about to lose a franchise QB due to it's owner and president, Snyder and Allen could figure how to save a drowning person with a life preserver next to them! They don't care about the team! If the owner really loved this team he would fire Allen, inform Kirk that he was wrong to treat him the way he has been treated (Snyder admitting wrong! He would blame it all on Allen) and show him the money. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2018 at 12:27 PM, Skinscavalier said:

Hail to the Deadskins! The team that is about to lose a franchise QB due to it's owner and president, Snyder and Allen could figure how to save a drowning person with a life preserver next to them! They don't care about the team! If the owner really loved this team he would fire Allen, inform Kirk that he was wrong to treat him the way he has been treated (Snyder admitting wrong! He would blame it all on Allen) and show him the money. 

We agree, but can you tell us about yourself? As far as your Redskins fandom. That’s what everyone talks about in this topic. Why, how you became a Redskins fan , good memories,  bad one, how long have you been a Redskins fan? favorite players etc, etc.

Edited by turtle28