Around the League Talk

titansNvolsR#1

3 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if we became a team now that pretty much spends nothing in FA on outside players, only bringing in role players/depth guys, and the majority of our cap space going to guys already on the team and draft picks. Robinson has already proven to me he knows how to draft at an extremely high level. I can't wait to see what he does to our defense when it has his full focus now that the offense is good to go.

I feel like that's what the consistently best teams do. If you look at teams like the Patriots, Falcons, Packers, Seahawks, Chiefs, Steelers, ect., they all do a good job of keeping their rewarding their "in house" talent and not going nuts in free agency. They also know when to let a guy go and not overpay him.

I feel like Jon Robinson has that same mentality.

Just now, -Hope- said:

is it anything besides lack of production? because he's 3 games into his rookie season. seems a wee bit premature

Ronde Barber(who does work for their radio team) says he's failed to pick the offense up and isn't really even involved in their offensive game planning right now.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

Ronde Barber(who does work for their radio team) says he's failed to pick the offense up and isn't really even involved in their offensive game planning right now.

yikes. i was pounding on the table for him at 18 

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

I'll be at the game next Sunday. Here's hoping they look just as bad as last week.

Regardless of whether or not the Titans win against Houston it's not a game I feel great about. 2nd of back to back road games, sandwiched in between two big divisonal games, Dolphins do have some talent and I gotta figure Gase will get Cutler on track to be better than completely awful at some point, or turn to Moore.

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

Regardless of whether or not the Titans win against Houston it's not a game I feel great about. 2nd of back to back road games, sandwiched in between two big divisonal games, Dolphins do have some talent and I gotta figure Gase will get Cutler on track to be better than completely awful at some point, or turn to Moore.

I feel alright about it. Particularly with Miami coming back from a London game. I'm hopeful that the team isn't near the point where they're overlooking teams. I'm not willing to bet on Cutler at any point and I have even less faith in Moore. Dolphins definitely have offensive talent, so it could be tough, but I feel better about that game than tomorrow or last Sunday. They also just allowed Josh McCown with virtually no receivers to speak of post a 126 QB rating, so that's encouraging.

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I feel alright about it. Particularly with Miami coming back from a London game. I'm hopeful that the team isn't near the point where they're overlooking teams. I'm not willing to bet on Cutler at any point and I have even less faith in Moore. Dolphins definitely have offensive talent, so it could be tough, but I feel better about that game than tomorrow or last Sunday. They also just allowed Josh McCown with virtually no receivers to speak of post a 126 QB rating, so that's encouraging.

I feel pretty good about the dolphins game. Not only did we beat them last year with a worst team.. I just don't see how they are stopping our offense. I think we might have a hard time stopping the run in that game and Landry seems to get his when he plays us. Idk if Marcus stays away from the silly mistakes I don't think we struggle all that much 

Archived