Around the League Talk

titansNvolsR#1

15 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

He had 4 catches for 50 yards in the last two games and that was his first touchdown. I'm going to need to see a lot of that before I get cocky lol.

With that said, I'd rather start Pryor at QB than Cassel.

Could run that Denver Tebow offense with Pryor.

oooooohhh

Can we call Tebow??? :) 

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Bad Winston might legitimately be worse than Bad Mariota. 

It's gotten to the point Mariota is just better across the board. Better highs, better "lows", better accuracy, better decision making/less turnovers, etc.

Winston was pretty inaccurate overall last year and has only been worse this year. Was like this in college too so not entirely surprising.

18 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I sometimes watch kickers across the league and still can't believe that the Chiefs just handed us Succop.

Santos was younger and cheaper for them and also a decent kicker.

Having a good kicker is just what the Titans do. Not sure we've ever had a bad one since moving to Nashville.

Even when Hentrich had to fill in for Nedney(and then Anderson came in and took over short FG duties) he was good.

Del Greco to Nedney to Hentrich/Anderson to Bironas to Succop.

18 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Santos was younger and cheaper for them and also a decent kicker.

Having a good kicker is just what the Titans do. Not sure we've ever had a bad one since moving to Nashville.

Even when Hentrich had to fill in for Nedney(and then Anderson came in and took over short FG duties) he was good.

Del Greco to Nedney to Hentrich/Anderson to Bironas to Succop.

We've been lucky to have good kickers and punters.  Just something we've had.  Part me wishes we just had the gift of having Hall of Fame WRs or CB's, but I guess it's the Titans thing to do, to have good punters and kickers...lol

17 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

We've been lucky to have good kickers and punters.  Just something we've had.  Part me wishes we just had the gift of having Hall of Fame WRs or CB's, but I guess it's the Titans thing to do, to have good punters and kickers...lol

Yup. The Packers and Colts have quarterbacks. We have kickers and punters. 

40 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

We could honestly have done a lot worse at QB over the past 30 years. Moon, McNair and Mariota in a 30 year stretch isn't bad at all. Throw in decentish seasons from guys like Collins, Hasselbeck, Chandler and the like and you realize you can get far, far worse.

Comparing our QB situations to teams like these over the last 30 years kinda sets that in:

Jets: Chad Pennington was good for a few years but the guy couldn't stay healthy. Beyond that what did they have? Vinny T had a good season or two I guess?

Redskins: While they've had some success in recent years with Cousins and RG3's insane rookie season, the Skins haven't actually had a consistent starting QB(well I consider COusins that now, but before him) since Theismann, and he didn't last that long. Gibbs won 3 superbowls with 3 different starting QBs. Pretty insane.

Buccaneers: Jameis Winston hasn't done much and he might already be their best QB in franchise history. Brad Johnson was solid in their superbowl run but didn't sustain that. Freeman had that one good season but beyond that was a failure.

Bears: Jay Cutler might be the best QB in Bears history. At least in the superbowl era. I think that says enough there.

Lions: Before Stafford they hadn't had a good QB since Bobby Layne.

I get it feels bad, but when you really look at it we've been pretty lucky at QB. The McNair to Mariota gap was kinda long but decent seasons from journeymen/vet QBs kinda helped make it not as bad as it could have been.

13 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Packers and Colts must have sold their soul. 

To go from Farve to Rodgers is just not fair.
Manning to Luck....Was crazy. Luck still has more to prove, but that was some messed up 'ish.  Suck one year and land a franchise QB.

Even with all the injuries Id still take Mariota over Winston. Winston has a boat load of weapons and he still can’t get going.

I didn’t watch the game but the coaches seem to suck down their too because they did not attack the Pats weaknesses once from what my radio guys up here in NE are saying. 

Archived