Week 4 GDT: Cowboys (3-0) vs. Saints (2-1): The Coach that was promised

Canadian Saint

3 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

And that’s 3-1 through the toughest part of our schedule. Let’s run the table. 

What's crazy is I was hoping for 2-2 through this 4 game stretch with Brees as the QB the whole time...

Also Teddy looked a lot better this game.  His "Interception" really wasn't on him and the WRs really let him down a few times outside of Thomas of course.  Also I think we would be able to take some shots downfield if we actually had someone good/capable of doing it.  Ginn isn't as fast as he once was and isn't able to get the same separation and no one else seems to be able to as well that is a reliable receiver.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Raves said:

What's crazy is I was hoping for 2-2 through this 4 game stretch with Brees as the QB the whole time...

Same. 

Regardless of his stats Teddy has proven he can guide this team to a win.

not carry them, guide them 

• Like 1

Teddy did well enough for most of the game.  That sack he took at the end was awful, but he was getting absolutely no help form the oline, and hasn't been all year really.  He probably should have had a TD drive if Hill caught that ball.

Brees was no doubt masking some deficiencies in the oline with his pocket awareness and getting balls out quick.  Teddy doesn't seem process the game as fast, but I cut him some slack since it's his first few meaningful games in years.  All in all, I think Teddy has proven he's a very capable backup to keep the team afloat until Brees gets back.

• Like 1

And I LOVED that blitz call at the end. I was hoping they would try that when they called timeout. Anyone remember the Panthers playoff game a couple years ago? Similar situation but the Panthers were closer to the endzone, and we blitzed the last play of the game and Newton didn't even throw it and took a sack. Great execution - Dak couldn't step into that throw and suppose it had been caught, it would've been 10 yards short with no time remaining anyway

Edited by Fray32
  • Like 1