Week 4 GDT: Cowboys (3-0) vs. Saints (2-1): The Coach that was promised

Canadian Saint

8 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Teddy did well enough for most of the game.  That sack he took at the end was awful, but he was getting absolutely no help form the oline, and hasn't been all year really.  He probably should have had a TD drive if Hill caught that ball.

Brees was no doubt masking some deficiencies in the oline with his pocket awareness and getting balls out quick.  Teddy doesn't seem process the game as fast, but I cut him some slack since it's his first few meaningful games in years.  All in all, I think Teddy has proven he's a very capable backup to keep the team afloat until Brees gets back.

Teddy had a few double twist scrambles that just drove me nuts, BUT, the Dallas D was all up in his business all dang night, so I can't really blame him, I just wish he'd have used his vision a bit better.

All in all, I was fairly impressed with how well he did, especially against that D.

I was happy to see him finally chuck it down the field more than 7 yards, and a little pizzed that his receivers (other than 9 for 9 Thomas) didn't snag some of those tosses that a pro should snag, no questions asked.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Teddy had a few double twist scrambles that just drove me nuts, BUT, the Dallas D was all up in his business all dang night, so I can't really blame him, I just wish he'd have used his vision a bit better.

All in all, I was fairly impressed with how well he did, especially against that D.

I was happy to see him finally chuck it down the field more than 7 yards, and a little pizzed that his receivers (other than 9 for 9 Thomas) didn't snag some of those tosses that a pro should snag, no questions asked.

The play where he scrambled, then slid, drove me nuts. If he's gonna take off in that situation, he needs to sell out for that first. What he ended up doing was just a wasted play. I really liked it when he took off in the 1st quarter. I think it'll be something that helps him moving forward. If there's the threat of him running, teams will have to account for that. He needs to be decisive about it though. 

Saints REALLY need another WR or pass catching threat. It's becoming almost comical.  

Was nice to see Rankins back in there. Davenport is slowly building up steam. Dude always seems to be around the ball, and he's getting the pressures, just not the sacks. I think they'll come though.  DT that came from the Pats (name is escaping me) has been a really good addition, and I can't say enough about Davis' play in the middle. Defense as a whole really stepped up. Was fun to watch. Talk about a complete 180 from years past lol. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

The play where he scrambled, then slid, drove me nuts. If he's gonna take off in that situation, he needs to sell out for that first. What he ended up doing was just a wasted play. I really liked it when he took off in the 1st quarter. I think it'll be something that helps him moving forward. If there's the threat of him running, teams will have to account for that. He needs to be decisive about it though. 

I don't like this logic. Lets say he doesn't take off and try to run for the first, and instead throws the ball away due to pressure on him, I doubt anyone says anything about it. I'm sure when he took off he thought he had a chance to get to the marker, but the Dallas defense swarms in a hurry. I'm 100% okay with him sliding there instead of putting his body in harms way for a random 1st down during the game. To big of a risk compared to the minimal potential reward. If he goes for the 1st down and hurts himself, then I can almost guarantee he'd be getting negative feedback for not protecting himself in that situation.  

Saints REALLY need another WR or pass catching threat. It's becoming almost comical.  

I tend to agree. I was hoping Cook could come in and be a big impact player for us, but that just hasn't happened.

Was nice to see Rankins back in there. Davenport is slowly building up steam. Dude always seems to be around the ball, and he's getting the pressures, just not the sacks. I think they'll come though.  DT that came from the Pats (name is escaping me) has been a really good addition, and I can't say enough about Davis' play in the middle. Defense as a whole really stepped up. Was fun to watch. Talk about a complete 180 from years past lol. 

Yeah agree Rankins is huge for us. He was well on his way to becoming one of the better DT's in the NFL last year prior to his injury, he is a gamechanger in the middle for us, and should free up Davenport, and Jordan to be even better on the edge. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I don't like this logic. Lets say he doesn't take off and try to run for the first, and instead throws the ball away due to pressure on him, I doubt anyone says anything about it. I'm sure when he took off he thought he had a chance to get to the marker, but the Dallas defense swarms in a hurry. I'm 100% okay with him sliding there instead of putting his body in harms way for a random 1st down during the game. To big of a risk compared to the minimal potential reward. If he goes for the 1st down and hurts himself, then I can almost guarantee he'd be getting negative feedback for not protecting himself in that situation.  

I don't know, maybe. I would rather him throw it away. I would of liked to see him throw it away a couple other times as well.....I think maybe it's just his indecisiveness. There were a couple other times he sort of took off, sort of wanted to throw, thought about running, thought about throwing, and ultimately got taken down.  

4 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

I don't know, maybe. I would rather him throw it away.

I’m not sure I follow the logic in calling the scramble that fell short a “wasted play” then saying you’d rather him just throw it away. 

Please explain.

Just now, Dome said:

I’m not sure I follow the logic in calling the scramble that fell short a “wasted play” then saying you’d rather him just throw it away. 

Please explain.

Brain going too fast and putting multiple things together. I would of liked to see him move around, buy time, and try and make a play with his arm on that play, and if not, throw it away. 

Him taking off to slide down almost immediately just felt like a wasted play. Like Tyler said though, maybe in his mind he thought he had a chance but the Dallas LBs closed too fast. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dome said:

Anybody else work with Dallas fans?

I do. 

They’re awfully quiet today. 

Yup!!

And 3 out of the 4 guys in my old band, all Cowboys fans. And my Brother, whom I had lunch with today, yup, you guessed it. And his oldest boy...
I was at the house of a Dallas fan watching the game, along with his Cowboys friend. He's an MMA fighter, so I didn't tease him too much.

It was a good day B|

Edited by Mid Iowa
  • Like 1

On 10/1/2019 at 11:31 AM, Dome said:

Great photo of Sean running out to celebrate with the defense, while giving Dak the “Get the hell up he didn't touch ya face mask PS you dem boys?!” death glare  

fh3wmcwpwrp31.jpg?auto=webp&s=a72beb262c

But do they stick with the color rush jersies? That's the real question. 

1 minute ago, SWATcha said:

But do they stick with the color rush jersies? That's the real question. 

I heard on reddit that they're going black/black pants or black/gold pants this week, Bucs will be wearing white.