How do we feel about the pass interference challenge?

CrazyJoeDavola

Through 3 weeks and one game what do you guys think? Obviously coming off of last night’s game there were 3 somewhat controversial plays. Two were reviewed one was not. None were, in my opinion, the correct call. This has been pretty standard across all games I have watched this year. Refs seem unwilling to change the call on the field. So should we even have this challenge as an option? For the few calls that will be reversed is the stoppage in gameplay and game flow worth it?

p.s.  I tried finding the stats on interference challenges and how many have been changed but failed. If anyone can help a dummy out it would be appreciated. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

Through 3 weeks and one game what do you guys think? Obviously coming off of last night’s game there were 3 somewhat controversial plays. Two were reviewed one was not. None were, in my opinion, the correct call. This has been pretty standard across all games I have watched this year. Refs seem unwilling to change the call on the field. So should we even have this challenge as an option? For the few calls that will be reversed is the stoppage in gameplay and game flow worth it?

p.s.  I tried finding the stats on interference challenges and how many have been changed but failed. If anyone can help a dummy out it would be appreciated. 

Last night they said 21 challenges through 3 weeks, with 7 being overturned. 

They should’ve made it (and ALL team challenges) 4th quarter only. Still auto review scores/turnovers.

before the 4th quarter you just have to play well enough to overcome bad calls. During the 4th quarter it will be the same but at least the replay will be there to refs to fall back on. 

Speeds up the game but still limits the calls that can actually determine a game.

• Like 2

They just need to hire someone that watches the replays in real-time to speed it up. And just have him quickly relay the challenge decision to the referees on the field. Why the eff does it take them so long to figure it out when every viewer in America can see the replay/result before they cut to a 3 minute commercial? It's just so dumb that it could take that long...unless the NFL wants it to take that long for more advertising, which is probably the case. Any interruption means more time to cram in commercials.

Outside of that, I see nothing wrong with the rule change. They've already let the play stand several times on ticky tacky contact and it's clear that they will only overturn egregious acts that were somehow missed. That's exactly how it should be IMO. The rule was put in place to prevent Saints-level mishaps, not catch every little ticky tacky touch.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Both we’re penalties as should have been overturned but the NFL officials clearly have decided that they won’t.

If that’s the case...why waste our time? And why can’t we get decent refs?

Because the nfl doesn’t actually care about solving the problem itself, they just care about their perception.  If they’re perceived to be taking some sort of action then they’re “good” in everyone else’s eyes