Do you think John Elway is on the hot seat?

CP3MVP

0-3 start this year and unless a miraculous turnaround it’s going to be 4 straight seasons of no playoffs. How much does one Super Bowl championship buy you as a Gm? Jerry Reese for example won TWO titles and got fired a year after making the playoffs.

19 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

0-3 start this year and unless a miraculous turnaround it’s going to be 4 straight seasons of no playoffs. How much does one Super Bowl championship buy you as a Gm? Jerry Reese for example won TWO titles and got fired a year after making the playoffs.

Include the two he won as a player. Dude is a god in Denver.

• Like 3

He absolutely should be. He did some absolutely fantastic things in the 2011 and 2012 offseasons, and deserves substantial credit for it. Even 2014 was a pretty great free agent period, getting Ward, Ware, and Talib. But the superbowl win was mostly the culmination of a lot of those guys peaking and developing together at the same time. The track record since then isn't great. His free agent ventures since 2014 have not been nearly as productive. His draft record since 2012 has been abysmal, I would argue (and some of his more passable picks have moved on, even.) His evaluation of QBs have set the team back, and his unwillingness to recognize the team's current position is delaying their ability to recover.

He took a very talent lacking roster in 2010 and completely transformed it in about 2 years. But on the flip side, he's let a very talent rich roster that he had built decay heavily in about the same timespan. If he had shown the willingness in one of the past offseasons or two to try to step back and start from scratch, I think you give him some leeway. But his unwillingness to accept and react to how much weaker the roster has gotten should put him on the hot seat, IMO. There's no reason whatsoever that roster should have Flacco on the payroll next year for as much as he is going to get, on roster or not.

If he actually is truly rebuilding I'd like to give him a couple years. I love the past offseason. I would like someone to help out to be groomed post Elway another voice in the room.I'd like him to become a seller soon and just see what Vic can do with the meat of the team.

1) Fant pick thumbs up think that will pay off.

2) Risner homerun

3) Lock - the value is there. Love the fact that he has an Eli Manning type B personality.  I think that works with being coachable, and developing a guy on a rebuilding team. 

Rest of the picks minus Winfree I also liked can see core guys coming out of the draft.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

He absolutely should be. He did some absolutely fantastic things in the 2011 and 2012 offseasons, and deserves substantial credit for it. Even 2014 was a pretty great free agent period, getting Ward, Ware, and Talib. But the superbowl win was mostly the culmination of a lot of those guys peaking and developing together at the same time. The track record since then isn't great. His free agent ventures since 2014 have not been nearly as productive. His draft record since 2012 has been abysmal, I would argue (and some of his more passable picks have moved on, even.) His evaluation of QBs have set the team back, and his unwillingness to recognize the team's current position is delaying their ability to recover.

He took a very talent lacking roster in 2010 and completely transformed it in about 2 years. But on the flip side, he's let a very talent rich roster that he had built decay heavily in about the same timespan. If he had shown the willingness in one of the past offseasons or two to try to step back and start from scratch, I think you give him some leeway. But his unwillingness to accept and react to how much weaker the roster has gotten should put him on the hot seat, IMO. There's no reason whatsoever that roster should have Flacco on the payroll next year for as much as he is going to get, on roster or not.

I mean his drafts as a whole have been terrible and it’s like he’s refusing to rebuild. I would’ve traded guys like sanders von and Chris Harris a year ago 

Edited by CP3MVP
  • Like 2