Edge Rushers 2020

mwalker

I'm not a huge fan of the edge players in the upcoming draft.
I know C.Young and A.Epenesa are good. I quite like J.Kaindoh as
a potentially exciting project, but otherwise, there's so many..meh.

Y.Matos is a 4-3 player to me.
K.Chaisson isn't powerful enough.
K.WIllekes, to me, isn't athletic enough.
A.Jennings great in run support.
T.Lewis maybe?
C.Weaver maybe?
J.Okwara maybe?

What's your thoughts?

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I actually completely agree and I do think that's why Colbert isnt worried about trading picks

It’s why I wasn’t bothered at all by the Minkah trade. Herbert looks bad. Fields hasn’t played enough and after the last few OSU QBs do you buy the hype. Hurts has plenty of bad tape. Ditto with Burrows. 

Frankly I’ve heard first round grades might run out after pick 6-9 this year. Where this draft is good is rounds 2-4. Lots of depth to be had there as long as you can work with a flaw. 

32 minutes ago, warfelg said:

It’s why I wasn’t bothered at all by the Minkah trade. Herbert looks bad. Fields hasn’t played enough and after the last few OSU QBs do you buy the hype. Hurts has plenty of bad tape. Ditto with Burrows. 

Frankly I’ve heard first round grades might run out after pick 6-9 this year. Where this draft is good is rounds 2-4. Lots of depth to be had there as long as you can work with a flaw. 

I still love the Minkah trade. I really do. Idgaf if we gave up a top 5 pick, maybe one day I will right now I dont. I love Minkah as a Safety and he is the best one we have had since Troy (not comparing them).

I hope he gets a new contract when the time comes (by earning it of course).

I think the future looks bright but I think the coaching staff and FO aren't structured right now to get the most out of it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I actually completely agree and I do think that's why Colbert isnt worried about trading picks

he can't pick anyways, he jus better off giving the RD1 pick away unless a gift is there like DDC or a well known pedigree like Watt/ Heyward is there.   hood, jarvis, burns, dupree are the recent fails at RD1

As a SEC viewer and UGA fan, I am awed and impressed by both of the Alabama OLBs.

I had to remember that Hall changed his last name from Lewis, and was a terror.  As was Jennings before his injury, and he is back in peak form.

Personally, I would go for Jennings, but if Matos slides, I'd be OK with him as well.  It is early, but I think that is the route to go, with the scheme connection (Bama is a 3-4), Power 5 and just overall play ability.  He is not an underclassman, but Hall is if that is a deterrent.  

2 hours ago, kurgan said:

As a SEC viewer and UGA fan, I am awed and impressed by both of the Alabama OLBs.

I had to remember that Hall changed his last name from Lewis, and was a terror.  As was Jennings before his injury, and he is back in peak form.

Personally, I would go for Jennings, but if Matos slides, I'd be OK with him as well.  It is early, but I think that is the route to go, with the scheme connection (Bama is a 3-4), Power 5 and just overall play ability.  He is not an underclassman, but Hall is if that is a deterrent.  

Thank you for keeping your opinions on the pathetic state of the Tennessee program to yourself. 

4 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Thank you for keeping your opinions on the pathetic state of the Tennessee program to yourself. 

Something there about a dead horse or something....

I wanted to do some more research, and the more I do on K'Lavon Chaisson, the more I like.  Injury concerns for sure, but might have enough to be a big deal in the league.  Similar build and measurables as Watt.

23 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

nyone else here fear that if dupree has a few good stat games vs trash that it will be enough for colbert to sign him to a 3+ year deal?

Of course... mediocre gets rewarded here lately.  But, I cannot let that bring me down.