Game 4 @ Steelers

theJ

Teams that have a good front-7 and offensive line worry me. It’s going to be tough to get the run going and I think we all know what that does to our offense. I also think their line negates our pass rush giving Rudolph some time to pass. 

I’ve got Pitt edging this one out depending on how competent Rudolph plays.

31 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Teams that have a good front-7 and offensive line worry me. It’s going to be tough to get the run going and I think we all know what that does to our offense. I also think their line negates our pass rush giving Rudolph some time to pass. 

I’ve got Pitt edging this one out depending on how competent Rudolph plays.

We've already dealt with Buffalo's, Seattle's and San Fran's front 7.  Not saying the Steelers d-line is not good, but it isn't as good as those other two.

My only thing is how many personal fouls will our defense get to sustain their drives and be called on #55?  It might take the refs awhile to adjust to Taze not being out there in an orange helmet.

Edited by INbengalfan

4 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

We've already dealt with Buffalo's, Seattle's and San Fran's front 7.  Not saying the Steelers d-line is not good, but it isn't as good as those other two.

It is as good as those front-7s. Heyward, Tuitt, Hargrave, Watt, and Bush are as good as we’ve seen. They’re the same unit that led the NFL in sacks last year.

1 minute ago, TheVillain112 said:

idk what to expect.  I just hope if Dalton plays like he normally does in a primetime game that Zac Taylor gives Ryan Finley a shot.  Of course having said that, watch Dalton actually play well, lol...

that sounds like the best option for me.

I really don't know what to expect either.

If we get the effort like the Seattle and second half of the Bills games, they should be fine.

I hope thye are in Rudolphs face all night.

6 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

idk what to expect.  I just hope if Dalton plays like he normally does in a primetime game that Zac Taylor gives Ryan Finley a shot.  Of course having said that, watch Dalton actually play well, lol...

I would honestly be floored if Finley sees the field this season for any reason other than injury. Not that I'm opposed, I just don't see it happening.

26 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I would honestly be floored if Finley sees the field this season for any reason other than injury. Not that I'm opposed, I just don't see it happening.

It probably won't be shocking if he sees the field at any point, because it's going to happen under circumstances that dictate it.  Dalton plays pretty poorly or he's hurt.

I'd be floored if he's any better than Andy.  I didn't see anything out of his preseason that showed any real promise as a starter.  But who really knows.

4 minutes ago, theJ said:

It probably won't be shocking if he sees the field at any point, because it's going to happen under circumstances that dictate it.  Dalton plays pretty poorly or he's hurt.

I'd be floored if he's any better than Andy.  I didn't see anything out of his preseason that showed any real promise as a starter.  But who really knows.

I guess I'm accustomed to the Marvin Lewis regime, that no matter how bad Dalton plays he's not going to get pulled.

Plus, I don't blame Dalton. We knew who he was coming in, and we knew what he needed to succeed. Putting him in front of this line was a recipe for failure from the get go, no matter how well Taylor could scheme around Dalton's deficiencies.

17 minutes ago, theJ said:

I didn't see anything out of his preseason that showed any real promise as a starter.  But who really knows.

He had a lot more poise in the pocket than Dalton.  Dalton has one of the highest pressure to sack %'s in the NFL.  I agree that Finley didn't look great, but I'd like to see how he looks with Zac Taylor's scheme...