Bought a Camaro LT1

blizofoz45

15 minutes ago, theJ said:

What I meant to say the first time was, I have a Honda Civic. 

That's a fine machine. 

I had an accord from age 16-20.. I changed the oil in like ever 6-7k miles and that was the only maintenance it ever needed. it had a honda dealership engine rebuild at 120k miles, I got it at about 140k miles

gifted it to my brother in law about 3 years ago (after my sister probably neglected it when she took it to college for 3 years) and he took it to montana and back twice. he's a mechanic and said that car should be in a magazine to demonstrate how well honda motors age if you take care of them properly. :ph34r:

it still runs fine. He puts like 5k miles a year on it nowadays but drove a TON the first two years he had it. I'm sure it's well over 325k now it was at about 240k when I gave it to him and was at 300k about a year and a half later.

Edited by Dome
A/T fluid change too.... still not bad for 4 years ownership and probably 80k miles over that time

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Pretty much every Rubicon I've seen is north of $60k. I want one with bigger tires, suspension, etc - so that spikes the price up to $70+.

With that kinda money, I could buy a Raptor.

how many bodies a month you taking into the deep desert? 

with that kind of money you could buy TWO new Corollas.

Or like 50 used ones.

Edited by Dome

7 hours ago, Dome said:

I love driving. I have a long commute specifically so I have drive time built into my day. Usually on my days off I’ll wake up and go for a cruise around town to start my day. 

I love driving as well. But my commute is all of a hundred yards, by golf cart. I would just walk it if I could carry my cooler and morning Yuengling at the same time.

On 9/29/2019 at 1:09 AM, Neumatic said:

If you don’t love driving then you’re driving the wrong car.

Driving is the thing i have to do so that i can do the thing i really want to do.

Nothing will solve that for me, short of a self driving car or chauffeur so that i can do other things while i drive.

• Like 2

On 9/29/2019 at 12:42 AM, PARROTHEAD said:

I love driving as well. But my commute is all of a hundred yards, by golf cart. I would just walk it if I could carry my cooler and morning Yuengling at the same time.

I have no idea what you do for a living, but I do know that it is my dream job.

12 hours ago, theJ said:

Driving is the thing i have to do so that i can do the thing i really want to do.

Nothing will solve that for me, short of a self driving car or chauffeur so that i can do other things while i drive.

Nothing wrong with that, I was just being a wise guy. I drive for a living, there’s times in my busy season where when I’m not working I have no interest in driving. I just love car culture. Doesn’t get much better than some weekend cruising. 

Nice, those things are as fast as you could ever hope to use on public roads.  And they look a lot better than the earlier new Camaros too.  I'm still not sold on the styling inside or out, but you've gotta respect the "purity" of what they are.  They're cars you want to drive, and that's becoming an endangered species lately.  And big "value" too.  I'm all for it.

I'd never buy one myself.  Mustang would take the helm for me between the two rivals...but the Camaro is absolutely no joke.  The 4-cyl Mustang is a bit of a joke.  That ain't it chief.