Mock Draft 2020 2.0 / Second and Third rounds

zappa13004

16 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

I agree. Probably a bigger need at RT so.

But about way to do things, i remember people saying "BB do not draft a RB on the 1st", he did. "BB do not draft a WR in the first", he did. Im sure your team too can change habits.

Definitely true, I’m just going of historical as I have no clue otherwise.

• Like 1

A few thoughts

4- Giants : Chase Young, DE, Ohio State - How is he not the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft I have no clue, the guy is killing it this season, amazing talent easy 1st or 2nd pick in the draft.

6- Bengals : Jake Fromm, QB, Georgia How does this happen with his limited arm talent?

7- Cardinals : Laviska Shenault, WR, Colorado Overrated, good player but Higgins and Ruggs are better than him along with a few other receivers.

9- Browns : Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa Has looked great and is super athletic, hard to not like him, I thought 2nd round but more and more looks like a 1st rounder with his upside

19- Colts : AJ Epenesa, DE, Iowa I agree with him dropping a little, he has had a bad start to the season

20- Dolphins (Texans) : Julian Okwara, OLB, Notre Dame Has been playing bad outside of this past weekend, I think more a 3rd rounder not a 1st rounder athletically at all

22- Panthers : Joe Burrow, QB, LSU Has played amazing but 1st round pick seems a little high for him, could happen though with how great he has been

23- Titans : Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin WAY to low for him, no way he falls this far

27- Vikings : Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama I would agree with him being picked this high possibly, but no way the Vikings go safety when corner is a bigger need with Waynes most likely being out after this season

29- 49ers : Trey Smith, OT, Tennessee With his health issues I doubt he is a 1st rounder, has looked ok on the field but nothing great

30- Ravens : Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio State Everyone jumps on him now since Kiper has him high.  I have him as a 2nd rounder because still needs to show some more but was great against Nebraksa

31- Cowboys : Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina I like him I agree but 1st round might be a stretch

34- Jets : Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU Overrated CB, I do not see it with him, decent player but not worth this high of a pick

37- Bears (Raiders) : Dylan Moses, LB, Alabama With how well Kwiatkoski played today seriously doubt the Bears are in any need of a backup ILB, and Moses could easily return to school but will see

41- Browns : JR Reed, S, Georgia Way too high for him I feel, is much more a 3rd or 4th rounder

48- Seahawks : Trey Adams, OT, Washington With the crap OL play in the NFL, no way Adams drops outside of the 1st round, has looked very solid this season

49- Eagles : Paulson Adebo, CB, Stanford Not with how bad he has played this year, would be surprised to see him come out

55- Titans : Jacob Eason, QB, Washington With his arm talent he is 1st rounder all the way

58- Rams : Creed Humphrey, C, Oklahoma Could argue Myers on Ohio State is just as good as a RS SOPH and Humphrey is

60- Chiefs : AJ Terrell, CB, Clemson Had a straight up bad week against UNC but how would he fall this far?

62- Ravens : Terrell Lewis, OLB, Alabama Doubt he falls this far, has potential if he can stay healthy all year to be a late 1st rounder

68- Giants : Cole Van Lanen, OT, Wisconsin Will see how he looks against Chase Young but Van Lanen has looked great early this year and could got 2nd or 1st round possibly if he keeps playing this well

74- Redskins : Joe Bachie, LB, Michigan State How does he fall this far?

90- Rams : JK Dobbins, RB, Ohio State How would he fall this far?  Guy is dominating this year and is showing good versatility in the passing game as well, 2nd rounder if not late 1st

93- 49ers : Hamsah Nasirildeen, S, Florida State Doubt he even comes out for the draft honestly, is not a early entry type talent I feel

95- Cowboys : Malik Harrison, LB, Ohio State With how he has played this year he should be a 1st round pick

And where are these guys?  Sure it will change though and it is hard to do mock drafts with draft orders that change constantly not to mention team needs.

Amik Robertson La Tech JR CB
Jared Pinkney Vandy SR TE
AJ Green Ok State SR CB
David Woodward Utah State RS JR ILB
Eno Benjamin Arizona State JR RB
KeShawn Vaughn Vandy SR RB

Markus Bailey Purdue SR LB
Raequan Williams Michigan State RS SR DT
Michael Divinity Jr. LSU SR OLB
Josiah Scott Michigan State JR CB
Isaiah Wilson Georgia RS SOPH OT
Camryn Bynum Cal RS JR CB
Jon Runyan Michigan RS SR OT
Charles Snowden Virginia SR OLB
Binjimen Victor Ohio State SR WR
Tyler Vaughns USC RS JR
Marlon Davidson Auburn SR DE

Edited by Ozzy

On 9/28/2019 at 6:50 AM, zappa13004 said:

25- Packers : Tylan Wallace, WR, OKH State

Going back to Ted Thompson, the Packers have never selected a WR prior to the latter portion of the second round.  I can't imagine that changing this draft.  I think we're more likely going to grab an OT or DL.

57- Packers : Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville

Bryan Bulaga is almost done, he will be at the end of this season.

Depending on who they take with their FRP, OT could be the pick here.  Otherwise, I think it's more likely they go with a skill position here.  They could continue to bolster the OL by taking Creed Humphrey here.

89- Packers : Matt Bushman, TE, BYU

Solid pick to add some more depth to the team.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2019 at 7:50 AM, zappa13004 said:

35- Steelers : Curtis Weaver, OLB, Boise State

Bud Dupree will be FA after the season so this is a partner for TJ Watt.

I think OLB is going to be our pick, but I don't think Weaver is going to be it.  He's not that great at bending the edge, doesn't really play well in space.  I have concerns about hip tightness and his ability to drop.  I think he's more of a 5-T or 4-3 base end than a 3-4 OLB.

• Like 1

I don't like the 1st round pick at all for the Vikings. Anthony Harris is good at safety and Harrison Smith isn't going anywhere. So a 1st round safety would be a waste. An OT or even a QB there would be good. I could also see them going DT to get someone to play along side of Linval Joseph more consistently.

• Like 1

Now, granted I wouldn't hold it against you if you did because he's given you plenty of fuel to believe it, but do you think Tom Telesco is stupid?

He lets the RB that he traded up in the 1st round to draft walk (which he should do because Gordon's not worth the money he's demanding; particularly when Ekeler and Jackson have shown they're perfectly capable of carrying the load) only to turn around and spend another 1st round pick on the position?  Really?  More than 3 OT's will go in the 1st round (it always happens, just plain off the premium on the position) and at this point the Chargers have to be a candidate to take one.  At this point Okung's future is completely unknown.  Their current rookie UDFA starting there is exactly the quality like he sounds he ought to be - completely in over his head.  Sam Tevi is average at best and doesn't show any sign of having the ceiling to ascend higher than that.  Even if 2019 selection Trey Pipkins is ready to start in 2020, the Chargers ignoring OL would be inexcusable.

Don't mind the position the Rams go (although I'd argue teams - in general - don't draft 1st round ILB unless they've got high-end traits) but Weaver lacks the explosiveness to merit a 1st round grade, especially when he profiles as more of a two-down thumper than an every-down backer.  He's the spitting image of the typical LB prospect that gets overrated early in the process and then nosedives once he tests and teams have a chance to see his traits side-by-side with better prospects.

In the 2nd, I'd absolutely love Humphrey on the Rams, but I just can't see it as a realistic pick for mutliple factors: Not convinced he comes out as a redshirt sophomore, if he does he goes higher than the low 2nd, and I'm also not convinced the Rams prioritize taking a center (Allen doesn't project to play anywhere other than center, I doubt they give up on him after 1 season, and I just plain haven't evaluated Creed as a guard because he projects so well and with so many plus traits at center).  I'd love it, just not confident in the slightest it happens.

Chargers ignoring OL again in the 2nd to draft a flier on a QB is dumb.  It just is.  Unless you're getting a Mahomes-type prospect - and at this point teams trade back into the 1st for anything remotely close to Mahomes-type prospects - it's dumb to take the flier on a raw "toolsy" prospect without having built up the line in front of him first.  Legitimately it's a wasted pick.  To be honest, swapping that pick out for Jackson who you have the Chargers picking in the 3rd (and who has the physical tools to likely be selected higher than the 3rd) would be a better pick.

And the Rams aren't taking another RB in the 3rd a year removed from trading up to draft one.  Just because some people, who didn't pay attention as well as they'd like to have folks believe, had a lot of folks in fantasy convinced that Henderson (who, like 90% of RB prospects, hadn't developed pro-level pass-blocking skill) was going to walk straight into being Gurley's primary backup just by virtue of being traded up for, it's no excuse for faulty logic.  Dobbins is probably more likely to go to the Chargers in the 3rd (if he's still even there), given that Ekeler is an RFA and Troymaine Pope, though he's shown out well for a UDFA, still lacks the ceiling you'd like - additionally Dobbins and Justin Jackson's skill sets complement each other rather well.  Rams, I'd have to think (though the 3rd is where Snead has always thrown curveballs that are hard for me to predict, because he's often drafting for a season-later down the line there) would be looking CB (3 CB's are all UFA's including Talib, Peters, and Robey-Coleman) or 5-Tech DE (barring a team-friendly extension, Brockers likely moves on after his current contract is up).

Chase Young is pretty much inked in as the first non-QB taken in this draft. Even for a team with decent DEs, he’s too special to pass on. 

Okudah will likely be the first DB taken also. 

I don’t know much about Wirfs but Browns definitely need OL. 

On 30/09/2019 at 4:03 AM, Ozzy said:

A few thoughts

4- Giants : Chase Young, DE, Ohio State - How is he not the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft I have no clue, the guy is killing it this season, amazing talent easy 1st or 2nd pick in the draft.

6- Bengals : Jake Fromm, QB, Georgia How does this happen with his limited arm talent?

7- Cardinals : Laviska Shenault, WR, Colorado Overrated, good player but Higgins and Ruggs are better than him along with a few other receivers.

9- Browns : Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa Has looked great and is super athletic, hard to not like him, I thought 2nd round but more and more looks like a 1st rounder with his upside

19- Colts : AJ Epenesa, DE, Iowa I agree with him dropping a little, he has had a bad start to the season

20- Dolphins (Texans) : Julian Okwara, OLB, Notre Dame Has been playing bad outside of this past weekend, I think more a 3rd rounder not a 1st rounder athletically at all

22- Panthers : Joe Burrow, QB, LSU Has played amazing but 1st round pick seems a little high for him, could happen though with how great he has been

23- Titans : Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin WAY to low for him, no way he falls this far

27- Vikings : Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama I would agree with him being picked this high possibly, but no way the Vikings go safety when corner is a bigger need with Waynes most likely being out after this season

29- 49ers : Trey Smith, OT, Tennessee With his health issues I doubt he is a 1st rounder, has looked ok on the field but nothing great

30- Ravens : Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio State Everyone jumps on him now since Kiper has him high.  I have him as a 2nd rounder because still needs to show some more but was great against Nebraksa

31- Cowboys : Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina I like him I agree but 1st round might be a stretch

34- Jets : Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU Overrated CB, I do not see it with him, decent player but not worth this high of a pick

37- Bears (Raiders) : Dylan Moses, LB, Alabama With how well Kwiatkoski played today seriously doubt the Bears are in any need of a backup ILB, and Moses could easily return to school but will see

41- Browns : JR Reed, S, Georgia Way too high for him I feel, is much more a 3rd or 4th rounder

48- Seahawks : Trey Adams, OT, Washington With the crap OL play in the NFL, no way Adams drops outside of the 1st round, has looked very solid this season

49- Eagles : Paulson Adebo, CB, Stanford Not with how bad he has played this year, would be surprised to see him come out

55- Titans : Jacob Eason, QB, Washington With his arm talent he is 1st rounder all the way

58- Rams : Creed Humphrey, C, Oklahoma Could argue Myers on Ohio State is just as good as a RS SOPH and Humphrey is

60- Chiefs : AJ Terrell, CB, Clemson Had a straight up bad week against UNC but how would he fall this far?

62- Ravens : Terrell Lewis, OLB, Alabama Doubt he falls this far, has potential if he can stay healthy all year to be a late 1st rounder

68- Giants : Cole Van Lanen, OT, Wisconsin Will see how he looks against Chase Young but Van Lanen has looked great early this year and could got 2nd or 1st round possibly if he keeps playing this well

74- Redskins : Joe Bachie, LB, Michigan State How does he fall this far?

90- Rams : JK Dobbins, RB, Ohio State How would he fall this far?  Guy is dominating this year and is showing good versatility in the passing game as well, 2nd rounder if not late 1st

93- 49ers : Hamsah Nasirildeen, S, Florida State Doubt he even comes out for the draft honestly, is not a early entry type talent I feel

95- Cowboys : Malik Harrison, LB, Ohio State With how he has played this year he should be a 1st round pick

And where are these guys?  Sure it will change though and it is hard to do mock drafts with draft orders that change constantly not to mention team needs.

Amik Robertson La Tech JR CB
Jared Pinkney Vandy SR TE
AJ Green Ok State SR CB
David Woodward Utah State RS JR ILB
Eno Benjamin Arizona State JR RB
KeShawn Vaughn Vandy SR RB

Markus Bailey Purdue SR LB
Raequan Williams Michigan State RS SR DT
Michael Divinity Jr. LSU SR OLB
Josiah Scott Michigan State JR CB
Isaiah Wilson Georgia RS SOPH OT
Camryn Bynum Cal RS JR CB
Jon Runyan Michigan RS SR OT
Charles Snowden Virginia SR OLB
Binjimen Victor Ohio State SR WR
Tyler Vaughns USC RS JR
Marlon Davidson Auburn SR DE

wow that is a feedback! i like it, thanks.

Chase Young. A stud, i agree. I think the Dolphins go with Tua, then Young could be the Jets' pick right but the reasoning is they have a young franchise QB and Andrew Thomas would be great. Then, Young to the Dolphins i agree but to pair Tua and Jeudy was tempting, thats it.

Fromm lacks elite traits but as i wrote it " but he plays smart. Very few mistakes. Underrated who beat both Jacob Eason and Justin Fields. "

I love Higgings but Shenault is great too. Considering that kind of offense in Az, Laviska would be a perfect fit with his versatility. A much better fit than any other WR.

Wirfs looks like the real deal + he shows he can play on both sides. We always assume avery OT can but him we know he can.

I saw Okwara playing very well versus Georgia despite no major stats like he did versus Virginia. To me he is a 1st round pick. We can have different opinion.

Joe Burrow. I wrote " it is all about hype here as Burrow didn't look the part in 2018. But through 4 games in 2019 etc" so im aware of this.

Biadasz too low. I agree, he worths a top 15 pick. But check this ranking used for the mock : Falcons (Mack), Saints (McCoy), Bucs (Jensen and his big new contract), Raiders (Hudson), Chargers (Pouncey), Seahawks with other pressing needs, Jaguars could be a great fit but with a WR like Lamb i thought etc...Thats why.

McKinney. Waynes out, possible. But with Rhodes and Hughes yet. Harris is FA and that was my quote on this pick, to replace a good safety who will have offers.

I have a high opinion on Trey Smith, higher than you it seems. Plus he can play LG next to Staley before to take his job in the future.

Okudah looks better and better with weeks of competition, once again versus Nebraska. We are very early in this process so some will see their stock rise or down.

The Cowboys will see 3 DTs becoming FAs : Collins, Convington and Woods. Kinlaw is having a very good 1st third of season.

The argument for Dylan Moses wasn't to add some depth but to replace a FA : Trevathan.

Trey Adams is a mountain but two major injuries, i think that will make him drop.

Then lots of guys, like Okudah, who will see stocks rise or down : Harrison, Bachie, Dobbins etc we'll see. And you right about Woodward, i know him and he is good. For now i put Weaver, Fisher and Landman first but..

you welcome with such quote as my reply is not a try to tell you "no i am right" but to discuss and share opinions and i like that!

13 hours ago, The LBC said:

Now, granted I wouldn't hold it against you if you did because he's given you plenty of fuel to believe it, but do you think Tom Telesco is stupid?

He lets the RB that he traded up in the 1st round to draft walk (which he should do because Gordon's not worth the money he's demanding; particularly when Ekeler and Jackson have shown they're perfectly capable of carrying the load) only to turn around and spend another 1st round pick on the position?  Really?  More than 3 OT's will go in the 1st round (it always happens, just plain off the premium on the position) and at this point the Chargers have to be a candidate to take one.  At this point Okung's future is completely unknown.  Their current rookie UDFA starting there is exactly the quality like he sounds he ought to be - completely in over his head.  Sam Tevi is average at best and doesn't show any sign of having the ceiling to ascend higher than that.  Even if 2019 selection Trey Pipkins is ready to start in 2020, the Chargers ignoring OL would be inexcusable.

Don't mind the position the Rams go (although I'd argue teams - in general - don't draft 1st round ILB unless they've got high-end traits) but Weaver lacks the explosiveness to merit a 1st round grade, especially when he profiles as more of a two-down thumper than an every-down backer.  He's the spitting image of the typical LB prospect that gets overrated early in the process and then nosedives once he tests and teams have a chance to see his traits side-by-side with better prospects.

In the 2nd, I'd absolutely love Humphrey on the Rams, but I just can't see it as a realistic pick for mutliple factors: Not convinced he comes out as a redshirt sophomore, if he does he goes higher than the low 2nd, and I'm also not convinced the Rams prioritize taking a center (Allen doesn't project to play anywhere other than center, I doubt they give up on him after 1 season, and I just plain haven't evaluated Creed as a guard because he projects so well and with so many plus traits at center).  I'd love it, just not confident in the slightest it happens.

Chargers ignoring OL again in the 2nd to draft a flier on a QB is dumb.  It just is.  Unless you're getting a Mahomes-type prospect - and at this point teams trade back into the 1st for anything remotely close to Mahomes-type prospects - it's dumb to take the flier on a raw "toolsy" prospect without having built up the line in front of him first.  Legitimately it's a wasted pick.  To be honest, swapping that pick out for Jackson who you have the Chargers picking in the 3rd (and who has the physical tools to likely be selected higher than the 3rd) would be a better pick.

And the Rams aren't taking another RB in the 3rd a year removed from trading up to draft one.  Just because some people, who didn't pay attention as well as they'd like to have folks believe, had a lot of folks in fantasy convinced that Henderson (who, like 90% of RB prospects, hadn't developed pro-level pass-blocking skill) was going to walk straight into being Gurley's primary backup just by virtue of being traded up for, it's no excuse for faulty logic.  Dobbins is probably more likely to go to the Chargers in the 3rd (if he's still even there), given that Ekeler is an RFA and Troymaine Pope, though he's shown out well for a UDFA, still lacks the ceiling you'd like - additionally Dobbins and Justin Jackson's skill sets complement each other rather well.  Rams, I'd have to think (though the 3rd is where Snead has always thrown curveballs that are hard for me to predict, because he's often drafting for a season-later down the line there) would be looking CB (3 CB's are all UFA's including Talib, Peters, and Robey-Coleman) or 5-Tech DE (barring a team-friendly extension, Brockers likely moves on after his current contract is up).

For now i do not know who will be the 4th OT to worth a 1st round pick but you right, there is often more than three. About Weaver i think he would be great in Wade's D in a division with two teams running a lot (SEA and SF). Jonathan Taylor is special, not at Saquon level but special. Gurley, i loved him at Georgia and it is painful to see him now, i dont know if he is done but..

On 30/09/2019 at 4:34 PM, The Gnat said:

I don't like the 1st round pick at all for the Vikings. Anthony Harris is good at safety and Harrison Smith isn't going anywhere. So a 1st round safety would be a waste. An OT or even a QB there would be good. I could also see them going DT to get someone to play along side of Linval Joseph more consistently.

We discuss it yet with the 1st round mock. That pick is assuming Harris will receive offers. What about your cap-space ? That was the thing about the pick.

3 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

wow that is a feedback! i like it, thanks.

Chase Young. A stud, i agree. I think the Dolphins go with Tua, then Young could be the Jets' pick right but the reasoning is they have a young franchise QB and Andrew Thomas would be great. Then, Young to the Dolphins i agree but to pair Tua and Jeudy was tempting, thats it.

Fromm lacks elite traits but as i wrote it " but he plays smart. Very few mistakes. Underrated who beat both Jacob Eason and Justin Fields. "

I love Higgings but Shenault is great too. Considering that kind of offense in Az, Laviska would be a perfect fit with his versatility. A much better fit than any other WR.

Wirfs looks like the real deal + he shows he can play on both sides. We always assume avery OT can but him we know he can.

I saw Okwara playing very well versus Georgia despite no major stats like he did versus Virginia. To me he is a 1st round pick. We can have different opinion.

Joe Burrow. I wrote " it is all about hype here as Burrow didn't look the part in 2018. But through 4 games in 2019 etc" so im aware of this.

Biadasz too low. I agree, he worths a top 15 pick. But check this ranking used for the mock : Falcons (Mack), Saints (McCoy), Bucs (Jensen and his big new contract), Raiders (Hudson), Chargers (Pouncey), Seahawks with other pressing needs, Jaguars could be a great fit but with a WR like Lamb i thought etc...Thats why.

McKinney. Waynes out, possible. But with Rhodes and Hughes yet. Harris is FA and that was my quote on this pick, to replace a good safety who will have offers.

I have a high opinion on Trey Smith, higher than you it seems. Plus he can play LG next to Staley before to take his job in the future.

Okudah looks better and better with weeks of competition, once again versus Nebraska. We are very early in this process so some will see their stock rise or down.

The Cowboys will see 3 DTs becoming FAs : Collins, Convington and Woods. Kinlaw is having a very good 1st third of season.

The argument for Dylan Moses wasn't to add some depth but to replace a FA : Trevathan.

Trey Adams is a mountain but two major injuries, i think that will make him drop.

Then lots of guys, like Okudah, who will see stocks rise or down : Harrison, Bachie, Dobbins etc we'll see. And you right about Woodward, i know him and he is good. For now i put Weaver, Fisher and Landman first but..

you welcome with such quote as my reply is not a try to tell you "no i am right" but to discuss and share opinions and i like that!

Sure Fromm is smart and a game manager but so was Kellen Moore but his limited arm talent hurt him a lot a the next level, I do not see a huge difference between Fromm and Aaron Murray honestly, if anything Murray passed the ball better with much less talent around him to support him.

Wirfs upside is huge but his lack of being able to dominate guys despite being super strong I feel is a concern.  He needs to play a little more nasty and use that power he has and be less finesse at times.  Awesome upside though but is not the perfect prospect at OT, will see how he looks against the big boy competition he has coming up.

Okwara again to me is not a good enough athlete to be a 1st round pick and is not better than Willekes or even Weaver for that matter.  Good player just not better than some other DEs I feel.

I think the Vikings resign Harris and not Waynes, thus there will be a CB issue.  Hughes has not shown the ability to be a boundary starting CB just yet to be honest.  But maybe things will change.

Trey Smith had blood clots last year and that is extremely serious, almost ended his career and might in the future.  That is why I would question big time taking him high in the draft until he plays a full season or two.  Not sure if blood clots in the lungs just go away, thought it was chronic but hopefully not.  To me Adams is less of an issue injury wise because his were injuries that are not potentially life threatening like Trey Smith.

Shenault I just feel is overrated, gets injured a good amount for a guy who is apparently 'physical' and does not have great deep speed. If he can stay healthy and be a big physical receiver great but against Nebraska he got injured a few times and looked kind of frail and was out played by his teammates I thought at WR.  I expected more out of him production wise especially with a RS SR QB returning that he is used to.  

With Biadasz I think the Raiders makes a ton of sense, get rid of Richie at OG, move Hudson back there and bring in Biadasz will really help improve that OL I think.  That would make him a top 10 pick also based on where the Raiders might be picking.  Would be very surprised if the Raiders would not go that way if he was available.  

With Moses I just feel the Bears would address the OL possibly or bring in another offensive weapon instead of add more depth to an already deep D but will see.  Also Moses would be smart to go back to Bama and for sure be a 1st rounder, the injury does raise some questions, it is like Terrell Lewis coming out for the draft last year after being injured all last season.  At least Moses has more quality tape over his career but still is nice to have current production and tape coming into the draft.

• Like 1

We've got enough cap to extend Cooper and Dak, and Jones if we want to. 

I like the DT and WR picks though. Cobb may or may not be brought back, but if he is we still could use the depth and extra talent as I doubt Austin is brought back.

• Like 1

Maybe i'm in some of the minority for all and some in MIA, but I don't think drafting Tua is the right move. Talented, just not the right fit.
We have the draft capital to go after Lawrence in '21/who I think will be better a better prospect. EVEN IF, we field a team that pushes us down, we have the draft capital to move up. Truthfully, regardless of my re-selections below, I still think MIA should trade one of the 1st rounders down and pick up extra draft pick(s) into the next year. always having a little something extra if you love a player and want to move up. Just an opinion. 

Based on slots, here's what I would've done instead, based on availability and need (as if we don't have a ton of those! LOL).... Certainly the changes can cause a team to shift, but initial thoughts. But, in thinking long term, this is a far better approach. Again, it's not like we don't have a ton of needs, but going a slightly different direction. 

1st round: (starting to solve line problems once and for all)
Chase Young/DE
Tristan Wirfs/ORT (Since Andrew Thomas/OLT will probably be gone/Jets. If the selection is Thomas, then consider Yetur Gross-Matos/as the alt DE selection)
Tyler Biadasz/C

2nd round: (skill players avail)
D'Andre Swift/RB ++ (right pick, just a shade higher)
Paulson Adebo/CB (to pair with X.Howard)

3rd round: (either would be fine upgrades/utility)
Alex Leatherwood/OL or Kevin Jarvis/OT-G

Edited by Shashiaj70

4 hours ago, Shashiaj70 said:

Maybe i'm in some of the minority for all and some in MIA, but I don't think drafting Tua is the right move. Talented, just not the right fit.
We have the draft capital to go after Lawrence in '21/who I think will be better a better prospect. EVEN IF, we field a team that pushes us down, we have the draft capital to move up. Truthfully, regardless of my re-selections below, I still think MIA should trade one of the 1st rounders down and pick up extra draft pick(s) into the next year. always having a little something extra if you love a player and want to move up. Just an opinion. 

Based on slots, here's what I would've done instead, based on availability and need (as if we don't have a ton of those! LOL).... Certainly the changes can cause a team to shift, but initial thoughts. But, in thinking long term, this is a far better approach. Again, it's not like we don't have a ton of needs, but going a slightly different direction. 

1st round: (starting to solve line problems once and for all)
Chase Young/DE
Tristan Wirfs/ORT (Since Andrew Thomas/OLT will probably be gone/Jets. If the selection is Thomas, then consider Yetur Gross-Matos/as the alt DE selection)
Tyler Biadasz/C

2nd round: (skill players avail)
D'Andre Swift/RB ++ (right pick, just a shade higher)
Paulson Adebo/CB (to pair with X.Howard)

3rd round: (either would be fine upgrades/utility)
Alex Leatherwood/OL or Kevin Jarvis/OT-G

I understand and that kind of moves would be smart : building the team with elite players at important positions, not throwing Tua into a bad situation, wanting Trevor who is better etc But. But Miami could have all the ammonitions you want in 2021, if another team than MIA own the #1 and want Trevor and not your house, you dead. If Trevor hurts his knees in the 2020 season, you dead. Lawrence is probably better than Tagovailoa but Tua looks good enough to build a franchise around so if the team is in position to take him, i think it would be a huge mistake to pass.