Mock Draft 2020 2.0 / Second and Third rounds

zappa13004

38 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

Exactly. But hoping Fields is worthy of a top pick, too.

Exactly.. I agree.

1 hour ago, zappa13004 said:

If Trevor hurts his knees in the 2020 season, you dead. Lawrence is probably better than Tagovailoa but Tua looks good enough to build a franchise around so if the team is in position to take him, i think it would be a huge mistake to pass.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand what if he doesn't? Do we become the next Arizona? Taking high drafted qb's back to back years? Just a thought and even more speculation....

Cincinnati is the one team I would worry about for a QB and/but they're gonna take one 2020. Same with Raiders. If I was to take a guess.

Tua comes from a team that has not produced an NFL quality starter since the 70s. Talented, yes. Still not the right fit.

But no line? Doesnt matter how good the potential is..... tua, trevor, whomever.... they will be constantly running for their lives. Fix the lines first....as much as you can

Edited by Shashiaj70

I don't think the Titans are drafting a QB that high if they make it that far in the playoffs; Mariota stays healthy and gets them in, and I think they're likely to resign him, much less if they win one postseason game against the Texans.  I also think center isn't the best pick.  They could use an upgrade there, sure, but they just re-signed Ben Jones.  They'll be losing Logan Ryan, Derrick Henry, and Jack Conklin in free agency, among others.  A CB, RB, or OT would make a lot of sense.

On 10/2/2019 at 2:44 PM, Shashiaj70 said:

Maybe i'm in some of the minority for all and some in MIA, but I don't think drafting Tua is the right move. Talented, just not the right fit.
We have the draft capital to go after Lawrence in '21/who I think will be better a better prospect. EVEN IF, we field a team that pushes us down, we have the draft capital to move up. Truthfully, regardless of my re-selections below, I still think MIA should trade one of the 1st rounders down and pick up extra draft pick(s) into the next year. always having a little something extra if you love a player and want to move up. Just an opinion. 

Based on slots, here's what I would've done instead, based on availability and need (as if we don't have a ton of those! LOL).... Certainly the changes can cause a team to shift, but initial thoughts. But, in thinking long term, this is a far better approach. Again, it's not like we don't have a ton of needs, but going a slightly different direction. 

1st round: (starting to solve line problems once and for all)
Chase Young/DE
Tristan Wirfs/ORT (Since Andrew Thomas/OLT will probably be gone/Jets. If the selection is Thomas, then consider Yetur Gross-Matos/as the alt DE selection)
Tyler Biadasz/C

2nd round: (skill players avail)
D'Andre Swift/RB ++ (right pick, just a shade higher)
Paulson Adebo/CB (to pair with X.Howard)

3rd round: (either would be fine upgrades/utility)
Alex Leatherwood/OL or Kevin Jarvis/OT-G

2011 COLTS! 2-14 with a horrible offensive line, an aging Reggie Wayne, and that's pretty much it. Luck wasn't a fit for them either yet they took him in 2012 along with Hilton, Allen, and Fleener and went to the playoffs three years in a row and their OL was still bad. That "fit" talk goes out the window if the QB can play. 

Tua's mechanics and footwork are far superior; Lawerence just has size and arm strength. If you were to promise me that TLaw will surpass what Tua does best then sign me up for waiting another year. 

I highly doubt Stephen Ross wants to wait another year for a QB. I'll give two scenarios though in case he does. *up to date order*

Tua/No Tua

1st

#1. Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama / Chase Young, DE, Ohio State

#7. CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma / Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa

#25. Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio State / Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson

2nd

#37. Brandon Jones, S, Texas / Jordan Love, QB, Utah State

#58. Creed Humphrey, C, Oklahoma / Same

3rd

#68. Alex Leatherwood, OL, Alabama / Devonta Smith, WR, Alabama

• Like 1

On 03/10/2019 at 3:02 PM, Daniel said:

I don't think the Titans are drafting a QB that high if they make it that far in the playoffs; Mariota stays healthy and gets them in, and I think they're likely to resign him, much less if they win one postseason game against the Texans.  I also think center isn't the best pick.  They could use an upgrade there, sure, but they just re-signed Ben Jones.  They'll be losing Logan Ryan, Derrick Henry, and Jack Conklin in free agency, among others.  A CB, RB, or OT would make a lot of sense.

we are very (very very) early in the process and that ranking is based after week 3. Not sure they will pick at 23 ! and of course they won't draft a QB if the Titans go to the POs. About Biadascz, the pick was about that huge total of sacks allowed through 3 weeks of football, that center being (by far) the best Oline available at that point in the mock.

If this senario played out i would take cee dee lamb wr oklahoma add another 4.3 speedster to are wr core remember we have to out offense kc and New England.

2nd round Kindley g Georgia Chubb running behind him maybe are first 3000 yard back

On 10/5/2019 at 7:28 AM, zappa13004 said:

we are very (very very) early in the process and that ranking is based after week 3. Not sure they will pick at 23 ! and of course they won't draft a QB if the Titans go to the POs. About Biadascz, the pick was about that huge total of sacks allowed through 3 weeks of football, that center being (by far) the best Oline available at that point in the mock.

I know that, what I'm saying is the decision whether to bring back Mariota is going to depend on whether they make it into the playoffs.  Ergo, if they're picking 23rd, they're not picking a QB.

If hes your best OL by far, then it makes more sense, as that interior clearly is a liability right now, and they may just eat the money and upgrade the spot with a draft pick.  Their problem there is they have two of them signed long term and one day two rookie.  I imagine that, if they had to choose a spot to ignore, it'd be the interior OL because they can't get out of Saffold or Jones without a lot of dead money.

• Like 1