What's going on with Vic Fangio Broncos defense

Activated10

12 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

It should be noted that the bears defense is still not missing a beat without him. 

While the rest of the league was going with young offensive minds who could mold young franchise QBs, Elway went with an old school defense first coach who knows nothing about offense and paired him with a washed up QB who was never great and hasn’t even been good in 5 years. This is looking like back to back HC hiring disasters

Yup, Elway might fire another HC after a year. Has that ever happened? Lmao

11 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Poor inside linebacker play, and Derek wolfe and the Defensive ends, d tackles arent good enough right now.

Dre'mont Jones is still green. The green bay game pressure was being  produced occasionally, but Von and Chubb were being doubled by the guards and tackles.

I think you guys are really missing Danny Trevathan. He's one of the best ILBs in the same and you haven't replaced him. 

12 minutes ago, Activated10 said:

I think you guys are really missing Danny Trevathan. He's one of the best ILBs in the same and you haven't replaced him. 

We've been missing Trevathan the moment we chose to let him walk over Brandon Marshall.  

The 2020 class looks very deep at linebacker and along the offensive line. 

I think this is a calculated plan not tanking, but there's a reason we didn't go Bush at 10.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Twizlers said:

Well Broncos got 5 sacks yesterday versus the Jags, including 2 from Von.  But still no turnovers and their rush defense was absolutely exposed.  They desperately need help in ILB and interior line.  Pass defense is fine.

Broncos vacated the worst sacks leadership role, now it's the Eagles as cellar dwellar. 

I can't fathom how Miami isn't worst place in sacks. Soon. 

On 9/28/2019 at 1:03 PM, BroncoSojia said:

The bottom line is that, outside of two edge rushers and CHJ, our D is just not very talented anymore, and that's on Elway. I put less of the blame on Fangio because we don't the pieces to run his defense effectively.

Thats not true at all. The biggest problem is that many of their high priced FA acquisitions are injured. They are forced right now to play Bausby/Yiadom as the #2 and #3 CBs instead of the tens of millions they gave to Kareem Jackson and Bryce Callahan in the offseason.

Couple that with the fact that both of their starting LBs with Jewell/Davis have been injured as well--its a recipe for disaster. They have been playing at 50% capacity at both CB/LB for the season so far and its really really hurting them.

They were supposed to have a great trio of CBs again with Jackson/Callahan/Harris Jr. and they have yet to play a snap together and the pass rush cant get there because Bausby/Yiadom/Dawson cant cover a WR for more then 2 seconds.