Long is done.

dll2000

Long was on my list of bullet points for why Bears would be better this year.

I said it becuase it was first offseason I can remember where he didn't have a surgery.

But he is done. Finished and it's sad.  He gave his body to pro football more than Luck did. He needs to retire now.  

I wish him well. Nagy needs to sack up and bench him. I would have done it after game 1.

He clearly isn't right, but I don't think any us can say for certain he's "done". We'll see. I despise the whole appeal to authority defense, but...in this case I'd imagine he's shown at least something in practice, or is trying to struggle through some issue we aren't fully aware of. Again, we'll see. 

21 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

He clearly isn't right, but I don't think any us can say for certain he's "done". We'll see. I despise the whole appeal to authority defense, but...in this case I'd imagine he's shown at least something in practice, or is trying to struggle through some issue we aren't fully aware of. Again, we'll see. 

I think he probably is done after this year but I wouldn't bench him yet. Larsen blows. 

38 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I think he probably is done after this year but I wouldn't bench him yet. Larsen blows. 

I'm not comfortable with Larsen, either. And...he's been around for a while, so it's doubtful he gets much better. If Long continues to flail around as he has, Pace might have to make a trade. 

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

@Heinz D. I could make at least 10 clips just like one above.  Just a highlight reel of extremely bad blocks.  He really is done. 

They are playing him off past accomplishments and hope.  Larsen or Bars would be better.  They can't be worse.  He is a sieve right now.

1 hour ago, abstract_thought said:

I’m almost ready to move Daniels back to G. His athleticism and mobility seem more useful there.

No. Although he hasn't shown it yet, he brings something special to that position. He never should have been moved to guard in the first place. That slowed the whole development of that line down. 

Edited by Heinz D.