Injury updates

Golfman

9 hours ago, Danger said:

Based on how I saw Adams reacting on field, it did seem like a relatively minor turf toe injury. He'll miss 2 maybe 3 games IMO

He's day to day according to LaFleur, meaning he's got a chance to play this week. 

I would be shocked if Adams plays this week.  Turf toe is nothing to chance or you risk it lingering all season.  With our conservative staff I too would guess a couple weeks minimum.

They sure are being quiet, which I would expect.  Nothin on our two excellent OT's....

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Without Adams, this offense doesn't move the ball against the Cowboys.

You of all people should recognize 'Tonyan Time'.  Not saying we win, but this could go a long way in making Aaron look around for the open guy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

You of all people should recognize 'Tonyan Time'.  Not saying we win, but this could go a long way in making Aaron look around for the open guy.

Hope you are right.  But in my heart, I know that I'll see a lot of frustrated Rodgers face on Sunday...if Adams doesn't go.

Quinn can still explode the edge, too.  Lawrence is a beast.  Two MLB's are no joke.

It's not like the run game is going to win the game.

Without Adams, the passing game won't be anything either.  Unless they unchain Kumerow.  Then we have a chance.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

The key is will Rodgers have enough time to "look around for the open guy"?  I'm thinking a lot of quick-hitting passes this weekend - just get the ball out and in the hands of someone other than Rodgers.  We need Rodgers healthy, and without his favorite downfield receiver (Adams), and with the explosiveness of the Dallas pass-rushers, I'd be scheming an offense this week that plays to keeping Rodgers healthy.

1 hour ago, Sasquatch said:

The key is will Rodgers have enough time to "look around for the open guy"?  I'm thinking a lot of quick-hitting passes this weekend - just get the ball out and in the hands of someone other than Rodgers.  We need Rodgers healthy, and without his favorite downfield receiver (Adams), and with the explosiveness of the Dallas pass-rushers, I'd be scheming an offense this week that plays to keeping Rodgers healthy.

if AR chooses to let the ball go like you said to his guys and let his guys have a chance there is no reason we can't be a very good offense even without Adams. Guys are open, guys need the ball and AR needs to get it to them quick and early. As the game wears on then let the longer developing plays come. I just hope he gets over his trust garbage and throws it. Instead of trusting the player trust what he sees and hit it.

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Hope you are right.  But in my heart, I know that I'll see a lot of frustrated Rodgers face on Sunday...if Adams doesn't go.

Quinn can still explode the edge, too.  Lawrence is a beast.  Two MLB's are no joke.

Without Adams, the passing game won't be anything either.  Unless they unchain Kumerow.  Then we have a chance.

But his injured shoulder will sap all his blazing speed.

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

But are you really scared of Jeff Heath and Xavier Woods on the back end? There will be opportunities down the field, if 12 can buy time. 

I think the packers will lose, but I think they can break the 20 point barrier. 

Edited by Howler

4 minutes ago, Howler said:

But are you really scared of Jeff Heath and Xavier Woods on the back end? There will be opportunities down the field, if 12 can buy time. 

I think the packers will lose, but I think they can break the 20 point barrier. 

Without Adams, our WR corp consists of a 5'th round pick and 4 undrafted free agents.  Include the tight ends and we've got two ancient guys and a second year UDFA.

They are going to made Jeff Heath and Xavier Woods look like All Pros, especially if Bulaga can't go.

No real "hot take" there, just the facts.  Saying otherwise, to me, is homerism.  And don't get me wrong, I can be a homer.  I"m just not feeling it today.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Without Adams, our WR corp consists of a 5'th round pick and 4 undrafted free agents.  Include the tight ends and we've got two ancient guys and a second year UDFA.

They are going to made Jeff Heath and Xavier Woods look like All Pros, especially if Bulaga can't go.

No real "hot take" there, just the facts.  Saying otherwise, to me, is homerism.  And don't get me wrong, I can be a homer.  I"m just not feeling it today.

I think when you have an HOF QB he can make better throws then your avg QB. There is no reason to not believe that he cannot make his tools perform better. I won't put as much into the draft status of our players vs there players. If we can play well as a team we can put up points and possibly take one on the road.