Injury updates

Golfman

20 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Without Adams, our WR corp consists of a 5'th round pick and 4 undrafted free agents.  Include the tight ends and we've got two ancient guys and a second year UDFA.

They are going to made Jeff Heath and Xavier Woods look like All Pros, especially if Bulaga can't go.

No real "hot take" there, just the facts.  Saying otherwise, to me, is homerism.  And don't get me wrong, I can be a homer.  I"m just not feeling it today.

Stop quoting their draft status. It’s so dumb. Maybe you are ultimately correct, no one will get open.  But where they were or were not drafted has little bearing. 

I think all of our JAGs are really JAG +es.  So, maybe the combo of all the slightly not terrible guys will lead to a productive offense. It’s possible—Jeff Janis looked passable for half a game with Rodgers as his QB. 

10 minutes ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

I'm more worried about our run defense than I am about our passing offense.  Especially if we get stuck playing a score or two behind. 

If we stop the run, we can easily win this game. The Saints gave us the blueprint on how to slow down Cooper. 

I think Jeff Heath is a bit better than some of you are giving credit. I'm not afraid of their DB's.

Also, where's that quick-tempo offense? We need to run that at least 5 times in this game. Better yet, quick tempo into FG range and slow things down unless that becomes too predictable.

2 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

Stop quoting their draft status. It’s so dumb. Maybe you are ultimately correct, no one will get open.  But where they were or were not drafted has little bearing. 

I think all of our JAGs are really JAG +es.  So, maybe the combo of all the slightly not terrible guys will lead to a productive offense. It’s possible—Jeff Janis looked passable for half a game with Rodgers as his QB. 

How can you say draft status has little bearing? It absolutely correlates in terms of the talent level they had coming out of college, as well as to the expectation to perform at a certain level and the value they have to the organization if they don't perform.  

On average over all players in the league, yes. 

How the actual players we have on our team will perform next week, it has no bearing. 

Look at the tape of them. If that makes you think they will suck, then so be it. Stop telling me their draft status as if that is the end all and be all. 

• Like 1

I agree we must do a much better job against the run.  It's all on Pettine, he can scheme for it.  I know he's a stop pass guy first and I'm all for it.  The Cowboys have an elite RB and a game manger QB, stop the elite RB first in this case in my humble opinion.

On offense Rodgers has to quickly go through his checks and get rid of the ball.  Take what the defense gives you, as soon as it gives it to you.  This with a balanced run attack and our offense has a decent shot at delivering enough points to win this game.

20 minutes ago, Joe said:

If we stop the run, we can easily win this game. The Saints gave us the blueprint on how to slow down Cooper. 

I think Jeff Heath is a bit better than some of you are giving credit. I'm not afraid of their DB's.

Also, where's that quick-tempo offense? We need to run that at least 5 times in this game. Better yet, quick tempo into FG range and slow things down unless that becomes too predictable.

Jaire can shut down Cooper by himself. No doubt. He's faced better receivers in the past and came out on top. I'm worried more about Zeke. 

Edited by Howler
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Without Adams, our WR corp consists of a 5'th round pick and 4 undrafted free agents.  Include the tight ends and we've got two ancient guys and a second year UDFA.

They are going to made Jeff Heath and Xavier Woods look like All Pros, especially if Bulaga can't go.

No real "hot take" there, just the facts.  Saying otherwise, to me, is homerism.  And don't get me wrong, I can be a homer.  I"m just not feeling it today.

Don't get me wrong ... I've haven't seen a single shred of you ever being a homer ... any day.

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

And I'm sorry for a "downer" post.  Tough day here.  

Being realistic isn't being a "downer." Some people can't tell the difference and complain unless you're constantly saying we are going win every game no matter the odds/match-up. This game would be a difficult match-up for us even at full strength. 

No reason at all to play Adams or anyone else banged up. If a guy is 80%, I'm sitting him against Dallas and resting him for Detroit. Weeks 6 and 7 at home against Detroit and Oakland are must wins. Dallas is an expected loss. If we somehow steal a win, great, but frankly, I just want to make it out of the game healthy so we can be 5-2 in 3 weeks. After the Philly letdown, we cannot afford another home loss, not with our road schedule. 

• Like 1

Agree packfan, it is a very long and brutal season.  Let's not give up on the war to possibly win a battle....

It will be interesting to see how our young guys do against Dallas with Adams out.  Oh, and Graham the aging mannequin who apparently has even lost the edge on his hands.

2 hours ago, mikebpackfan said:

On average over all players in the league, yes. 

How the actual players we have on our team will perform next week, it has no bearing. 

Look at the tape of them. If that makes you think they will suck, then so be it. Stop telling me their draft status as if that is the end all and be all. 

Draft status should tell you about their overall athletic ability.

The eyeball tests shows that they have limited athletic ability.

But...each does have interesting traits.  Size with Lazard.  GMO has a little quickness to go with his size.  Shepherd just appears to know how to get open.  Kumerow has some smart and is scrappy.

Draft status isn't the end all be all, but it does paint a story.  Maybe our QB can bring out the best of these guys, while minimizing their shortcomings.  He hasn't done that recently, but he's good enough for it to happen at some time.   I'm just not convinced he will have the time to do it against two very good defensive ends.