Good Bad Ugly vs the Colts

Silver&Black88

Defense looking better. Needs to be more consistent. Crosby is coming I to his own. 

Carr doesnt look like the problem, ever. He's not going to be an Aaron Rodgers, but if we give him talent an we keep the coaching, he won't prevent us from going places. 

Josh Jacobs needs to get the ball more.

• Like 2

Good: 

We start out looking really good

Bad:

We start looking mediocre

Ugly:

We can't close at all

Richard is still around (new Seth Roberts?)

Pass Rush is nonexistent, despite putting draft capital into Ferrell, Crosby, Hurst, Key, etc. after drafting nothingburgers in Calhoun, Ward, Vanderdoes, etc. At this point, I don't want us drafting pass rushers. If were constantly going to yap about how great our cap situation is, bring in some proven pass rushers. While the jury is still out on some of the guys we have, we can't just throw high picks at pass rushers all day while the rest of the defense, WR corps, backup QB, and RB depth continues to look atrocious. 

Good 

- Carr in the first half. 2nd half was a different story, but I was happy with how he came out. Made two beautiful TD passes and I was impressed with a few other throws.

- Crosby. Looks like a player. Flashed more in this game than I have seen from Ferell all season.

-Jacobs. Dude is our second best offensive player behind Waller already. He's really good. We finally targeted him in the passing game and he broke off a 20 yarder. Feed him more.

- AJ Cole was good.

- KJO made a few plays and had a fumble recovery.

-Trevor Davis can run

-Erik Harris sealing the game

Bad

-Hate how Gruden waits to start giving Jacobs the ball until its closing time in run obvious situations. He should be heavily involved from the jump.

-We still have the worst pass rush in the league. Our #4 overall draft picks looks like JAG so far.

-Carr/Gruden in the 2nd half. Too often we see this team under Gruden get off to solid starts, only to stall in the second half. It happened again today and a better, less injured team would've beaten us today.

Ugly

-Burfict. Dude just cant help himself. Hes a dirty player to his core. After being ejected, hes smiling and riling up the crowd. Same dude he was in Cincy didnt change one bit.

-Richard and Dwash. They are just not fit to be backup backs. Both are #3 backs. I cringe whenever I see them in there instead of JJ.

Edited by SilverNBlackFan

The play calling aside from the scripted plays and the nice play they ran for Davis continues to be terrible and somehow continues to get worse as the game goes on. For being an offensive guy Gruden play-calling and creativity sure does leave a lot to be desired. 

Also the way Gruden continues to use Jacobs is really pissing me off. Feed the young man the ball over and over and over and over again. I'm tired of seeing Richard and Washington on the field. I understand Jacobs needs a rest here and there but they have him on the sideline far too often. You spend a first-round pick on a RB to just give his carriers to Washington or Richard 

Seeing Ferrell out there is really starting to irk me. He literally offers nothing as a pass rusher. Shows no flashes as a pass rusher that makes you go oh I see why the Raiders took him.The whole defensive line is bad. 

Edited by agarcia34

Another thing. Peeped this link and read the last part:

It was Riley who took over as the starter when rookie safety Johnathan Abram was lost for the season. And the secondary just couldn’t get on the same page. Two of the Chiefs four second quarter touchdowns were miscommunications in the Raiders’ secondary that led to wide open catches, and Riley gave up the first two big catches in a blowout loss to the Vikings last week. Erik Harris got the start against the Colts and suddenly the play of the secondary was much improved. And his pick six to end the game should pretty much end Riley as a starter with the Raiders.

I know Indy had a lot of drops and TY was out, but this is something to monitor going forward. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Man, and I got absolutely roasted when I didn't gush all over the Clellin "Clearly the Best Draft Pick EEEEEVVVVVEEEEERRRR" Ferrell on draft night. 

I hope he pans out, but I'm seeing nothing special about his play whatsoever. 

Majority of fans were displeased the minority was the fans who liked/loved the pick iirc

Edited by SimonGruber

3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Man, and I got absolutely roasted when I didn't gush all over the Clellin "Clearly the Best Draft Pick EEEEEVVVVVEEEEERRRR" Ferrell on draft night. 

I hope he pans out, but I'm seeing nothing special about his play whatsoever. 

Not sure why you would get roasted, I wasn’t happy with the pick and am still upset we skipped over a few other guys I wanted.  I won’t write him off yet, but he I’ve been disappointed up to this point.