SNF Week 4 - Cowboys @ Saints

Dome

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Technical truth is the best kind of truth.

“Technically I’m not a lawyer anymore, but....” is a good opening line to make it sound like you know what you’re talking about without lying.

Edited by Dome
Also works with doctor

8 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Man these old 'Wives tales' need to die. 

^^^^^^^^^^ All this ties into my overarching point about Dak/Moore and the game. For the first 3 games of this year the Cowboys have doubled their play action passing. And Dak's stats/performance reflected that. 

Against the Saints we only ran play action 7 times. 6 completions for like 100 yards. It was just very poor game planning to not go back to that. 

Eagles fans should know about this. They called play action 50% of the time during their superbowl run. 

I think the Saints collect sacks if they run more play action. The LBs in pass coverage are the Saints weakness on defense (largely because Anzalone is hurt). You beat the Saints by finding zones...Lattimore shutdown Cooper man to man and the other Cowboys receivers couldn’t find zones. I highly doubt that play action would have worked. The Saints would have had a sack party...they had no respect for Elliott and that running game. 

50 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I think the Saints collect sacks if they run more play action. The LBs in pass coverage are the Saints weakness on defense (largely because Anzalone is hurt). You beat the Saints by finding zones...Lattimore shutdown Cooper man to man and the other Cowboys receivers couldn’t find zones. I highly doubt that play action would have worked. The Saints would have had a sack party...they had no respect for Elliott and that running game. 

Well it did work. 6/7 100 yards and almost a TD (stopped inside the 5 yard line). It was absolutely killing the Saints.

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

I think it matters. Do you think the Cowboys would've just gotten huge chunk plays off PA all day?

I think we would have done significantly better than the 12 (?) first down plays that Zeke got 1 or less yards. It was a close game, an extra first down or two could have been the difference in winning and losing.  

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:
1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

I think we would have done significantly better than the 12 (?) first down plays that Zeke got 1 or less yards. It was a close game, an extra first down or two could have been the difference in winning and losing.  

Fair. 

It’s definitely fair. 

But i wouldn’t say it’s unlikely that Marcus Davenport would’ve completely ignored the threat of a run play and destroyed Dak after a deep drop play action either. We can play the what if game all day. I thought the Cowboys defensive play calling was pretty bad too.

They kept getting the Saints in 1st and 20s but it seemed like they were like “cool let’s just get them to third down now” and kept letting saints get really doable 3rd and short or 3rd and medium. They were just giving him the short stuff and he kept taking it.

36 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Witten fumble.

Or that  xD

i could’ve predicted two in a row

dont @ me

@Calvert28 ;)

Edited by Dome
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats pathetic. Wow. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Maybe Moore didnt call an awful game after all. I just watched an interview with Cooper and he said the same thing. The Saints were playing to stop our passing game. Dropping back, light boxes, playing zone. They dared us to run. We thought we had the tools to make them pay.

15 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Well it did work. 6/7 100 yards and almost a TD (stopped inside the 5 yard line). It was absolutely killing the Saints.

Playaction is like the most successful type of pass play in the NFL. The fact that every team doesn't try to do it more is baffling.

• Like 1