BDL 2019 Week 4 - Anchorage Wolves @ Hungary Hippos

SirA1

Anchorage Wolves @ Hungary Hippos  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Anchorage Wolves
    • Hungary Hippos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/2019 at 04:01 AM

5 minutes ago, Counselor said:

My corners are my weakest position on this team. And even then they are right on par with yours. Your receiving weapons however might be the worst position group in BDL at the moment.

There is that opinion thing again. Man you have a lot of those.

29 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Your receiving corps did not produce this week. Is that an opinion or fact? Your Tackles (not sure how they did today) have given up 6 sacks split evenly between them. Opinion or fact? Talib gave up a touchdown today. Opinion or fact? 

Facts:

Fitz caught every ball thrown to him this week. He has three 40+ yard catches this season. He still ha down field ability and remains one of the most consistent hands in the NFL.

Metcalf and Slaytom were both involved in blow outs. Slaytons team went up 24-3 at the beginning kf the 3rd and coasted to victory with the running game. Metcalf was not needed due to Chris Carson's ability to truck this week through a porous Cardinals run defense.

Olsen was not used heavily as he was used more to help in pass protection this week against Watt and Mercerilous (watches that entire game) thus why McCaffrey was the safety valve for Allen. Prior to this week he was heavily utilized and had multiple scores.Hock (who is rotating in as said in the lineup) was a step higher with a TD but again this is versus the Chiefs instead of your LBers. Hock really hasn't been utilized in the Lions offense since Week 1 so I can't really get a true grasp on his true potential.

Any other questions?

As for who sucks and who doesn't, I change my lineup to recognize good play versus bad. Thus why Osemele was benched along with Joseph.

Edited by PR

10 minutes ago, PR said:

Facts:

Fitz caught every ball thrown to him this week. He has three 40+ yard catches this season. He still ha down field ability and remains one of the most consistent hands in the NFL.

Metcalf and Slaytom were both involved in blow outs. Slaytons team went up 24-3 at the beginning kf the 3rd and coasted to victory with the running game. Metcalf was not needed due to Chris Carson's ability to truck this week through a porous Cardinals run defense.

Olsen was not used heavily as he was used more to help in pass protection this week against Watt and Mercerilous (watches that entire game) thus why McCaffrey was the safety valve for Allen. Prior to this week he was heavily utilized and had multiple scores.Hock (who is rotating in as said in the lineup) was a step higher with a TD but again this is versus the Chiefs instead of your LBers. Hock really hasn't been utilized in the Lions offense since Week 1 so I can't really get a true grasp on his true potential.

Any other questions?

As for who sucks and who doesn't, I change my lineup to recognize good play versus bad. Thus why Osemele was benched along with Joseph.

Again facts that they did not produce this week. You can have excuses. They just flat out didn’t. 

21 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

In a really close matchup, I like Anchorages offense better. Yes, fournette went crazy this week but the real difference offensively is the receiving weapons, one team has some, the other doesnt.

24-13 Anchorage

That would require Anchorage to actually have a QB. One that throws over 200 yards (he has averaged under that through the first quarter of the season) and more than 3 TDs through 4 games.

Edited by PR

15 minutes ago, PR said:

That would require Anchorage to actually have a QB. One that throws over 200 yards (he has averaged under that through the first quarter of the season) and more than 3 TDs through 4 games.

Oh but they’ve really been depending on the run game. That first game they didn’t need him to throw much. And his oline has not been good in pass pro. It’s all situational and circumstantial right? Isn’t that your argument for your guys underperforming?

32 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

In a really close matchup, I like Anchorages offense better. Yes, fournette went crazy this week but the real difference offensively is the receiving weapons, one team has some, the other doesnt.

24-13 Anchorage

Not to mention Vita Vea has absolutely been clogging run lanes all year. Absolutely forcing double teams and freeing up one on one matchups for other guys like Shaq Barrett. Via is in the middle of the Number one rushing defense in the league. So I don’t see Fournette producing close to what he did against Denver, who has likely the worst interior defense in football. 

6 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Oh but they’ve really been depending on the run game. That first game they didn’t need him to throw much. And his oline has not been good in pass pro. It’s all situational and circumstantial right? Isn’t that your argument for your guys underperforming?

The more they have needed him the further is passer rating has plummeted.